PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day

jeepnut
02-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Groundhog Day is the best movie about Groundhog Day. Discuss.

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/01/big_bill_in_groundhog-731047.gif

Seriously though, I love this movie. I look forward to Groundhog Day every year so I can watch it. I do own it, but for some reason, I won't watch it on any other day of the year. I think it maintains it's flavor better this way.

Swan
02-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Love this movie as well.

I really need to get around to owning this

jeepnut
02-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Love this movie as well.

I really need to get around to owning this

I'm sure you can find it pretty cheap on DVD.

On a side note, I live pretty close to Woodstock, IL (the town where most of the movie was filmed) and I really need to head over there to see some of the famous shots from the movie.

GameMaster
02-02-2009, 12:18 AM
A classic moment from the HD version:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/synthoid/pic3.jpg

BreakABone
02-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It's like when Dodgeball advertised itself as the best movie about Dodgeball ever.

Short competition.

The Germanator
02-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I love this movie. My next big goal in life is to travel to Punxsutawney, PA (home of Punxsutawney Phil of course) and be there for the big day, which is today now...I just google mapped it and it's 4.5 hours away...Not so bad, maybe next year

Anyway, yeah, Bill Murray and Andie McDowell are great, and it's a fun movie.

KillerGremlin
02-02-2009, 03:27 AM
It's a movie about groundhog day but not really...it's actually about enjoying life and not being a dick.

thatmariolover
02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I too have always enjoyed this movie. I know a few people who really don't like it (I think because they don't like Bill Murray, goes to show how much they know).

Angrist
02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
One of my favorites (and I gave it a 9 on IMDb). It just makes me so happy...
It makes me want to play a perfect day in Majora's Mask. Where you help out every NPC, and save the world.

If you like the concept of being stuck in the same day, try Daybreak. It's a series of 14 episodes long and follows a pollice officer who's being framed. He has the same day over and over again to find the real killer. After 4 episodes it becomes a tad repetitive (why it was cancelled), but it gets better after the a few more.

Dylflon
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I have this movie. It is my favorite movie on the subject of Groundhogs and days that are dedicated to groundhogs.

jeepnut
02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
It's like when Dodgeball advertised itself as the best movie about Dodgeball ever.

Short competition.

Yeah, I always chuckle inside when I declare that it's the best Groundhog Day movie, but in all reality, it's definitely in my top 10 at least and I'm sure it's my favorite Bill Murray movie.

As far as my favorite scene, I think it has to be:

"Phil? Phil Conners!?"

"Ned?"

*punch*

Bube
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
It's not just the best movie about GD, it's also one of my favorite movies ever. I'm a big Bill Murray fan, but the movie would've probably been almost as good if somebody else starred in it.

jeepnut
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
It's not just the best movie about GD, it's also one of my favorite movies ever. I'm a big Bill Murray fan, but the movie would've probably been almost as good if somebody else starred in it.

I'm not so sure. It's a good movie regardless but Bill Murray's quality performance and trademark sarcastic delivery really push it over the top.

Angrist
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I started watching Daybreak again. I love it. :D

Bube
02-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm not so sure. It's a good movie regardless but Bill Murray's quality performance and trademark sarcastic delivery really push it over the top.

I agree with you :D Bill Murray was the right person for the role.