PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Round 2 - Witch Hunt

Dylflon
12-21-2008, 12:45 AM
The banquet hall had gone into an uproar. There were so many different voices shouting that Germanator found it difficult to catalogue his thoughts. These thoughts were mainly of fire. While the followers of the seven gods squabbled in vain, Germanator knew that only the light of the one true god R'Hollor could grant enlightenment. Germanator would have to use flames to divine an answer but convincing anyone that this was the most prudent course of action would be difficult.

The body of Grand Maester Dylflon had recently been discovered. If accounts could be believed, after being stabbed, Dylflon had used the last of his strength to write the number five in his own blood. Thespis had declared that this was obviously a sign that there were five murderers involved. This of course was a well reasoned argument, but Germanator found the fact that Thespis made his argument in rhyme quite vexing.

Maester Teuthida regaled the court of enchantments and sorceries from the lands in the East. Given the bizarre nature of the death of the servant, either of these conclusions seemed logical. But what Teuthida failed to realize is that he had just thrown the gates open to a witch hunt. Now that there was proof in death of whether or not any person in the room was guilty, many would begin to feel justified in killing. Germanator realized that he would have to use this as much to his advantage as he could. If he could convince the king to give suspects to the flame, he would be able to use the flames to divine the remaining killers and win favour with the realm. It was time to do R'Hollor's work.

Unfortunately, everyone was far too busy throwing accusations around blindly. The septon Typhoid layed the blame at the obvious door, announcing that this could only be the work of Fyacin being the resident professional murderer.

The knight Vampyr shouted in agreement. Then he decided that that made no sense and then accused the septon himself of murder. Just as quickly, Sir Vampyr reaffirmed his accusation against Fyacin as if he had never said anything to the contrary. Queerer still, Sir Vampyr then proceeded to wave around an imaginary sword, shouting at Fyacin and Septon Typhoid. His fellow knight Sir Jeepnut tried to convince Vampyr to sit down, but Vampyr only pointed his sword at Jeepnut and declared him guilty of attempted regicide. Sir Vampyr had taken a mighty hit to the head in the tournament the day before the after-effects of the damage were plain for all to see.

Many other accusations flew around the room, most of them baseless. Sir GameMaster yelled for quiet. He stood up on a table and pointed directly at Sir BreakABone, the Lord Commander of the Royal Guard. “Sir BreakABone is guilty of attempted murder! I overheard him speaking earlier this day of a plot to kill the king and many other people seated in this very room." “Preposterous!” shouted the Queen. “Sir BreakAbone has been in my presence this whole day.”

The eyes of all in the room turned on Sir GameMaster, a local hedge knight who had won glory in yesterday's tournament. Everyone was soon shouting that Sir GameMaster must have been in on the plot if he was so eager to cast blame. The mob surrounded him and would surely have torn him apart had the Queen not intervened a second time. “Give the accused to Lord Germanator. Use the knight's body as kindling so we may root out these other schemers.” A slow smile crept across Germanator's face. The Lord's work would be done.

Later, as Sir GameMaster's body roasted over a small pyre, Germanator stared hard into the flames. No spirit had risen from his body but hopefully he could at least discern something useful. All he saw in the flames was the crazed knight Sir Vampyr. He was surrounded by multiple assailants. These attackers were piercing his body with their blades. Vampyr swung his imaginary sword back at them but to no avail. Germanator looked up from the flames at the doomed knight and pondered warning him of his fate. But he decided perhaps it was better to let him enjoy the rest of his short life.

-----

The Dead

GameMaster - Knight (Villager) - killed by the vote
Vampyr - Knight (Guardian) - killed by the Vigilante and by the Mafia

PLAYER LIST/CHARACTERS/SUSPECTS

1. BreakABone - Lord Commander of the Royal Guard
2. thatmariolover - Brother to the King
3. Dyne - Hand to the King (essentially vice-king; can speak with king's authority)
4. Bond - Captain of the City Guard
5. manasecret - Royal Guard
6. Teuthida - Maester (scholar/healer)
7. Swan - Lord Father of the Bride
8. Schadenfreude - City Guard
9. uber_paddler - Prince
10. Typhoid - Septon (high priest)
11. Fox 6 - Knight
12. Angrist - Sellsword (mercenary)
13. Germanator - Red Priest
14. jeepnut - Knight
15. Jason1 - Royal Guard
16. Combine 017 - City Guard
17. Thespis721 - Singer
18. Fyacin - Assassin

This round ends at 10:59 am PST / 1:59 pm Eastern on Monday December 22nd

Bond
12-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Fuck.

jeepnut
12-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Fuck.

Exactly. Hopefully we don't lose the rest of our specials this quickly.

GameMaster
12-21-2008, 02:36 AM
See you in hell, traitorous bastards!

Vampyr
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
You haven't seen the last of meeee!!!

Fyacin
12-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok. I reread the thread and it is totally creepy the way BreakaBone voted and then jeepnut, gamemaster thespis and fox jumped on him. I am aware I was also in there but I would like to dfend my actions in saying 1, I was scared of dying, and 2 the pm capping was shifty. besides, who would point out himself unless he was innocent eh? And with that...

!vote BreakaBone

Teuthida
12-21-2008, 10:31 AM
If Disney has taught me anything, it's to never trust the brother or right hand man of the king. Dyne and That Lover of Mario have made my list of questionable fellows.

Fyacin
12-21-2008, 11:52 AM
^^ And that Mothers are either evil or dead.

Dylflon
12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Remember: character roles have nothing to do with how good or evil someone is.

Dyne
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Hmm, still difficult to read this round. I'm going to go with my intuition though.

!vote manasecret

jeepnut
12-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Ok. I reread the thread and it is totally creepy the way BreakaBone voted and then jeepnut, gamemaster thespis and fox jumped on him. I am aware I was also in there but I would like to dfend my actions in saying 1, I was scared of dying, and 2 the pm capping was shifty. besides, who would point out himself unless he was innocent eh? And with that...

!vote BreakaBone

I think it's pretty clear to see that we all jumped him because he screencapped a PM. Well, at least that's the reason I jumped him.

Bond
12-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't know... would a bad guy really make up and post a PM? I don't think so.

But would that event make an excellent event for the bad guys to vote out a good guy? Yes.

BreakABone
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Well, I originally voted for GM because he said "Die" and then he posted some photoshopped PM for whatever reason.

I thought it was creepy and wrong, but honestly, the Mafia most likely didn't vote for GM... if you know an innocent is gonna die... why not fly under the radar.

Fox 6
12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
that was quite the bad start :(

shit.

Angrist
12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
The ones who feel most sorry for the innocent losses are always the bad guys. :p
Seriously, we knew it was a stupid reason to vote for GM. We (you) also did it because the good guys wouldn't want him on our team. He's hard to predict.
I thought it was creepy and wrong, but honestly, the Mafia most likely didn't vote for GM... if you know an innocent is gonna die... why not fly under the radar.It depends on when they voted, doesn't it? If they were the first ones to vote for him, your argument doesn't hold.

The real loss here is Vampyr as the Guardian. That's just stupid... I guess the Mafia killed him because he was pretty tricky in the last Mafia games, while the Vigilante killed him because he was accusing everybody.

uber_paddler
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Looks like we fucked up pretty nicely on that one.

Thespis721
12-21-2008, 06:21 PM
The rigors of a witch hunt took hold of us.
We must keep clear has hard as it may be.
I will take a step back my judgment focus.
And make my next vote correct to the T.

Combine 017
12-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Why the hell am I number 16 now? Thats not what I signed up for, City 16 is a cesspool.

I remain with my last vote against the traitor Schadenfreude. A vote towards the Captain is a vote towards death.

!vote Schadenfreude

Also,
The rigors of a witch hunt took hold of us.
We must keep clear has hard as it may be.
I will take a step back my judgment focus.
And make my next vote correct to the T.
Hes got space crazies! I mean, plague crazies!
That or he just likes not making sense.

Jason1
12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Gamemaster was truley an evil one at heart, it is good to be rid of him. He had what was coming to him.

Teuthida
12-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Remember: character roles have nothing to do with how good or evil someone is.

I know but when I have no idea who to vote for, my illogical reasoning helps.

Teuthida
12-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going to !vote thatmariolover

No real basis for my choice, but need to pick someone and not sure if I'll be around closer to the voting deadline.

Jason1
12-21-2008, 11:28 PM
I sense evil in several, but for now, I sense the most evil in one.

!Vote Schadenfreude

Fyacin
12-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Why are you two voting for schadenfreude?

The Germanator
12-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it's hard to judge people based on the first round. Even though us goodies made a mistake with GM, it's hard to fault the vote just based on how GM was acting...

Anyway, it's still hard for me to pick out the baddies, but maybe if I pray some more I'll figure it out.

Swan
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Man, we fail at Mafia. The good guys have never won one. Or even done well.

So I think I shall vote for....

!vote Teuthidia

Combine 017
12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Why are you two voting for schadenfreude?

Im voting for Schadenfreude because he voted against Captain Bond. I think thats a good enough reason.

Man, we fail at Mafia. The good guys have never won one. Or even done well.

Yes we have, the very first one I ever played the good guys won. It was the Lost mafia and it came down to two people claiming to be Michael, which I was. So we have done good before, its just really hard.

Swan
12-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Im voting for Schadenfreude because he voted against Captain Bond. I think thats a good enough reason.

Yes we have, the very first one I ever played the good guys won. It was the Lost mafia and it came down to two people claiming to be Michael, which I was. So we have done good before, its just really hard.

Good point. I try not to remember things that long ago.

Who was the other man pretending to be micheal?

Lets vote for him

Bond
12-22-2008, 01:34 AM
I remember that! I made Sawyer as my avatar. Fun times.

Fox 6
12-22-2008, 02:25 AM
*rolls dice*

!vote Dyne

BreakABone
12-22-2008, 03:05 AM
I guess gonna get a revenge vote

!vote Fyacin

Bond
12-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Does seem suspicious.

!Vote Fyacin.

thatmariolover
12-22-2008, 07:35 AM
!Vote Fyacin

Suspicion abound. We won't really start getting somewhere until we catch one of them. Until then, it is a Witch Hunt. And maybe after.

Schadenfreude
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Turn against me will you!?

!Vote Combine 017

Thespis721
12-22-2008, 10:09 AM
An assassin trying to kill the Lord Commander:
To do this in my world is considered a sin,
So for this seemingly obvious case of slander,
I shall make my !Vote Fyacin

Fyacin
12-22-2008, 10:38 AM
A gleam in my eyes I begin to respond "How can you turn on me? Even honorable bond?" Then a give a sigh, for my only reply, "Be it not that In vain I die. My last plea, that ye would see, learn from this innocents, watch Thespis and Bone"

Thespis721
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I wish to keep an open mind Fyacin,
And not make the mistakes of the past,
Give me a reason that you're not one of the four assassin,
And I'll reconsider to help you last.

Combine 017
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Turn against me will you!?

I never turned against you. You turned against us when you voted for Captain Bond, you traitor.

The Germanator
12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Ya know, I'm not really sure, but...

!vote thatmariolover

Fyacin
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I wish to keep an open mind Fyacin,
And not make the mistakes of the past,
Give me a reason that you're not one of the four assassin,
And I'll reconsider to help you last.

Slowly I begin, "Break a Bone it cannot have been."
"For I beleive, if he were to decieve, he could not wear this vote on his sleeve"
"Were I to die, the suspicion would lie, squarly on his head"
"Thus if mafia he be, his silence he would keep, and let someone else take the heat."
!retract Break-a-Bone

"Though it may help my case naught, I ought to kill without any trace of doubt."

thatmariolover
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Haha. Man, I really must seem threatening to you guys. I'm always a popular vote :p

I mean, I know you have to vote for somebody but I hardly think I've given cause.

jeepnut
12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Latest vote count:

thatmariolover 2
Dyne 1
manasecret 1
Teuthida 1
Schadenfreude 2
Combine 017 1
Fyacin 4

Hmm...Voting with the crowd didn't work so well last time, so I'm going to avoid the Fyacin vote, tempting though it may be. I guess I'll go back to my early round strategy of voting randomly.

Vote !Jason1

Fyacin
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Does this round end in an hour?
Bah.

Angrist
12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok I did some thinking. When GameMaster acted weird, some people were very fast to use that to vote for him. The first four who voted for him were: Jeepnut, Germanator, Fyacin, Thespis721. (In total 7 people voted for GM. More than half of them could have been from the poisoners.)

Vampyr is the other one who got killed off innocently, this time by the mafia. Why was he their target? Just because he was tricky in the last games, or is there more behind it?
Vampyr has voted for Fyacin (2x), Jeepnut and Typhoid. Did he hit a nerve? Were his random accusations closer to the truth than the mafia wanted?

Now look at who voted for him before they all jumped on GM: Swan, Jeepnut, Fyacin.

I'm not sure, but I think it might all be connected.
And now see what happens: Hmm...Voting with the crowd didn't work so well last time, so I'm going to avoid the Fyacin vote, tempting though it may be. I guess I'll go back to my early round strategy of voting randomly.
Vote !Jason1Jeepnut protecting his ally?

This is why I'll be going with the crowd this time and I hope I'll be right. (I do think it's weird how suddenly 4 people jumped on him without giving a reason.)
!vote Fyacin

PS: If I get killed by mafia this round, you'll know I'm close to the truth!!

Schadenfreude
12-22-2008, 12:17 PM
This is getting interesting.

manasecret
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
haha were so fucked. i think its unfair that vamp was the vig since he always seems to be a popular target. oh well maybe we can still pull this off

Fyacin
12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Wow. I look really really guilty right now.
I think it's either Thespis or Jeepnut.
I don't know why schadenfruede is getting votes, but I would rather not die.
!vote shadenfreude

BreakABone
12-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Wow. I look really really guilty right now.
I think it's either Thespis or Jeepnut.
I don't know why schadenfruede is getting votes, but I would rather not die.
!vote shadenfreude

I think he is getting votes because he betrayed Captain Bond, and Combine is a loyal solider until the end.

Angrist
12-22-2008, 01:48 PM
haha were so fucked. i think its unfair that vamp was the vig since he always seems to be a popular target. oh well maybe we can still pull this offHe was the guardian, not the vigilante. And we're 14 against 4, anything is possible. The guardian usually protects the wrong ones anyway.

Also, Combine 017, you mean the second mafia game. The first one was before you joined, themed 'The Thing'.
And now I remember, I didn't play in the 2nd, because I never watched Lost. :)

jeepnut
12-22-2008, 02:05 PM
He was the guardian, not the vigilante. And we're 14 against 4, anything is possible. The guardian usually protects the wrong ones anyway.

Also, Combine 017, you mean the second mafia game. The first one was before you joined, themed 'The Thing'.
And now I remember, I didn't play in the 2nd, because I never watched Lost. :)

You should have played. I've never watched Lost either and I still had a blast playing it.

Dylflon
12-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Dissapointing.

Manasecret, Typhoid, and uber-paddler failed to vote.

Miss your vote again tomorrow and you're out of the game!

Results up soon.

Dylflon
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Also, several players have PMed asking for a clarification.

They say that one player has been asking them to quote the villager role PM to see if they're innocent and want to know if it's okay to quote their PM to them.

Normally I'd be against PM quoting but I had forgotten to mention that every player got the villager PM and I did not copy and paste it so there may be slight variations. So role PM sleuthing won't really get you anywhere.

Thespis721
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
My apologies, I was AFK. I hope I'm not too late.
Though Faycin still seems guilty, I'm a man of my word.
I'll change my vote if in time for the slate.
!retract Faycin !Vote Jeepnut is so Faycin deferred.