PDA

View Full Version : Tavern Comics Power Thread

BreakABone
07-31-2008, 01:32 AM
This is pretty simple.
Come in here and post ideas for your own powers and weaknesses if you want.

Just some ground rules.
1) There will not be a Superma complex here. So no one will have 50 powers or so.
2) I will allow people to change their powers if they feel it isn't working out.
3) Like mentioned before, already assigned a single power to a few members. Don't feel bad on expanding on that.
4) Be as creative as you like.

Dyne
07-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Ok, as I was explaining to you earlier.

-I want the control of water. Unimpeded, full control. Like pokemon style. (I was a big fan of Water Pokemon. :lolz: )
-I also have a fortunate way about me. Good luck for bad people. If I plan something one way, it doesn't actually happen, but it always ends up working in one way or another. So, if I plan to kill Fox 6, and I fail miserably, a bridge will fall to his death. I want to call it "good luck" but it doesn't sound very villainish.

And you said I should have a "Pied Piper" ability since I'm a musician. :lolz: So I guess I could play music whenever I wanted to control water, or my luck. But it's up to you whether you want to do that or just have the two things individual.

BlueFire
07-31-2008, 03:03 AM
aww Dyne took mine,

so.. I'll control wind. I can cause storms, tornados, topple stuff over. I also want a scythe that can send razor sharp winds with one slash.

And since I can control the winds, I can use them to carry me where ever I want. Essentially, it's flying, but not really

Combine 017
07-31-2008, 05:13 AM
What the hell kind of power would an entire army have. Hmmm, how about not so much as a power, but be able to call in Combine support. Like call in a headcrab mortar or a gunship, or send a strider my way. If you dont like how that sounds then I want my power to be controlling matter.

And my one true weakness is a rogue physicist.

Professor S
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
My name would be AMP.

And like the equipment, I would amplify energies. Essentially, all forms of energy, besides kinetic, are absorbed by me. My body then amplifies those energies and I can expell them in a general direction. Ambient energy is continuous absolrbed by me, but is released in small, unnoticeable doses throughout the day.

Weakness - Other than those powers, I am a mortal being of flesh and bone. A single bullet can kill me or I can simply be beaten to death. Also, there is a limit to how much I can absorb before it is released in a severe explosion.

Vampyr
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
All the good ideas are taken. :(

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1300.png

KillerGremlin
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
My powers would be the ability to become invisible. I would be able to walk through objects, so my when I became invisible not only would people be unable to see me, but they would be unable to do things like stab me or shoot me. Also, I would be able to teleport or warp from where I am to any point that I could see.

My weakness, of course, would be that when I am not invisible I am vulnerable to anything that a normal person would be vulnerable too. Also, my ability to become invisible would only last for a short period of time as I would need to charge up to use it. However, my ability to teleport would be indefinite.

BreakABone
07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
My powers would be the ability to become invisible. I would be able to walk through objects, so my when I became invisible not only would people be unable to see me, but they would be unable to do things like stab me or shoot me. Also, I would be able to teleport or warp from where I am to any point that I could see.

My weakness, of course, would be that when I am not invisible I am vulnerable to anything that a normal person would be vulnerable too. Also, my ability to become invisible would only last for a short period of time as I would need to charge up to use it. However, my ability to teleport would be indefinite.

Oh, its killergremlin... er how you doing... *Tries not to make eye contact*

So let me get this straight. You want the power to both teleport and phase through walls? Why couldn't you just teleport through the walls?

magus113
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh, its killergremlin... er how you doing... *Tries not to make eye contact*

So let me get this straight. You want the power to both teleport and phase through walls? Why couldn't you just teleport through the walls?

Maybe it has something to do with not being able to teleport to places that you can't visualize or places you've never been before.

Fox 6
07-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I will shamefully steal the powers of Clayface. I can morph to look like other people and also morph into anything without moving parts like a hammer hand.

Teuthida
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
If I ever make it into this story I would like the ability to see paths of causality to their ultimate conclusion.

That and the ability to talk to extinct animals. Not the ghosts of extinct animals mind you, but extinct animals that are alive...which of course would not make them extinct... So the best case scenario would be a zombie dinosaur or something like that.

Swan
07-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Stretching abilities of Plastic Man. Not like Mr. Fantastic or Elongated Man where they have to stay in one piece and can't seperate themselves. Able to open up holes in self.

Unknown level of stretchability.

I already explained to BaB so if that isn't clear all good

As well the genetics of my elastic body do not require me to eat or sleep

Bond
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.comicrelated.com/icon/nickfury.jpg

Name: Bond.

Training: Jiu Jitsu, green baret training, combat veteran of World War II, Korea, and Vietnam.

Weapons: Kevlar and fire resistant suit, M1911 pistol, Walther PPK.

Abilities: Enhanced tactical and logical planning, enhanced vision.

GameMaster
07-31-2008, 07:11 PM
I enter people's dreams and screw with them. Much akin to Freddy Kreuger.

The things I do to people in their dreams can physically effect them in real life.

Ex: I spank someone real hard in their dream and when they wake up they have a red hand print on their buttocks.

Villain for life.

Fyacin
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
I will be the clockwork angel, bent on vengeance. (Playing off my avatar here ;) ) Created in a twisted experiment, my humanity has been robbed and replaced by cruel machinery. I have joined the evil alliance out of convenience while I search for the ones who did this to me. I have limited flight (Can jump quite high, and glide quickly over long distances), and impressive swordsmanship. I am also quite hard to kill, as I am almost completley clockwork, and my body is made of a ceramic like materiel that is as hard as diamonds. My sword is a vibroblade, capable of slicing through almost any armor. In addition to the sword have a pair of revolvers.

How does that sound?

KillerGremlin
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Maybe it has something to do with not being able to teleport to places that you can't visualize or places you've never been before.

Exactly. I don't think teleporting could logically work unless you can visualize where you are teleporting, so the teleporting stuff only works for things in my vision. Hence the walk through walls ;)

BreakABone
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Exactly. I don't think teleporting could logically work unless you can visualize where you are teleporting, so the teleporting stuff only works for things in my vision. Hence the walk through walls ;)

Well ok, but gonna ask you to choose between the two because I can do that. ;)

Zen
08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I want absolutely no powers other than heightened senses (strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, and durability) to the highest limit of human potential, a "perfect" human specimen. As we stabilished on AIM, master of several martial arts, only weapon I should carry is a retracting bo staff, 1 foot long at it shortest, 6 feet at longest (yes weapon has been [nba jam announcer voice]STOLEN![/nba jam announcer voice])

uber_paddler
08-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I can has Super Saiyan?

magus113
08-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I will command the power of the earth.

Earthbender style, mofugga.

Those guys are nuts.

BreakABone
08-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I can has Super Saiyan?

Just so I am clear on this.
What does that mean?

Hair going gold? Enhanced strenght? Has to be triggered?

uber_paddler
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, exactly that.

thatmariolover
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I was an orphan that was raised by a community of hippies. Due to my unique upbringing, I'm am the definition of a pacifist wrapped in human flesh. I got involved in various sob-story causes, which eventually led to political connections. Thanks to a healthy law-suit against the state over an illegal cannabis raid at my place of residence, money isn't something I worry about anymore. Most people underestimate me because they think I'm just a stoner with some cash, but distributing the weed gives me power over the streets.

My power is subtle, but effective. The power of suggestion. If I make a suggestion to somebody during physical contact, they have a powerful voice that reminds them of the suggestion anytime they consider acting against it. It can be ignored, but it's difficult. The longer the contact, the more difficult.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g259/thatmariolover/comichippiejesusgt.jpg

KillerGremlin
08-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Well ok, but gonna ask you to choose between the two because I can do that. ;)

Phase through walls it is...that means I can become invisible whenever I want. ;)

Swan
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
As well I am a cannibal for some reason.

Vampyr
08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I am a Vampire. My powers include extreme strength, speed, and agility. These powers are not self evident when looking at me, due to my slight body type, so lifting things of great mass looks a bit odd when I do it.

I also have powers of charm, persuasion, and suggestion. The less suspecting and self aware a person is, the easier these abilities are to use. I can usually get my way with most people. I also have the ability to read minds, though not in the usual sense. I can only pick up on emotions or images that a person is currently feeling or thinking about; I can't actually delve into their minds and pick out memories or specific thoughts. This power only works at short range, less than 20 feet. My senses are also heightened, giving me keen eye sight, hearing, and smell.

I also have some minor shape shifting abilities. I can grow large bat-like wings, elongate my fangs, and have my hands harden into claws.

All of my abilities only function during the night, except for my powers of charm/mind reading, which function at all times of day. My senses are still heightened during the day, but not nearly as much as at night. Other than these few things, I am like a regular human during the day. My abilities start to take effect around twilight, and rise exponentially until full night. They drop exponentially when dawn arrives.

I am not weak to garlic or holy water, but I am deathly allergic to silver.

I need to feed on blood every two or three days, but it doesn't have to be human blood. However, my thirst for blood is not slaked by blood alone, I also have a thirst to kill. Killing animals for blood doesn't quench this thirst nearly as well as killing a human does. My strength, speed, and agility are about 10% higher than normal directly after feeding.

Simply drinking someone's blood does not turn them into a vampire, I have to choose whether to do that.

I do not need oxygen, since I do not breathe. I can eat regular food, but I receive no benefit or harm from it. If I am cut, I do not bleed, since my heart doesn't beat.

I am very skilled at hand to hand combat, I rarely use an artificial weapon.

BreakABone
08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow Vamp.
Yeah...
I think you got a bit of an overpower thing going. :p

Maybe narrow it down a bit.

Vampyr
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Wow Vamp.
Yeah...
I think you got a bit of an overpower thing going. :p

Maybe narrow it down a bit.

I'm only strong half of the day. :mad:

Go talk to Superman.

Vampyr
08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't let me edit my post:

What is over powered about that anyway? I can fly, but I need wings to do it, and I'm strong/fast. That's like 99% of all super heroes, mine just has a cool theme. (Reference original comic I posted) AND only works half of the day. Less than half actually, depending on where in the world I am. And the charm/persuasion thing, I specified it only works on regular people, implying it wouldn't work on any of the other super-people that would be in the story.

And I'm not saying Silver is the only thing that can hurt me, it just really hurts me. XD

If anything, I'm underpowered. :P

magus113
08-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Go talk to Superman.

Superman sucks. You'd think he'd just kill everyone and get it over with.

Fyacin
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Seconded.

KillerGremlin
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Superman sucks. You'd think he'd just kill everyone and get it over with.

Superman is definitely one of my least favorite superheroes.

On the other hand....Superman is responsible for one of the funniest episodes of Seinfeld. Superman lame, Seinfeld awesome...it all worked out.

BreakABone
08-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Just as a head's up.
If you don't post powers or some general ideas.
I will start assigning them based on names and needs.

Acebot44
08-13-2008, 04:42 AM
A quick witted, cocky, and borderline arrogant attitude are main character traits of Ace. A ladies man, and naturally capable of making any person feel as though he is their best friend, Ace has the personality of a charmer on the outside, but is a calculating and cruelly manipulative individual on the inside.

He possess the power of time control, at least in its early stages. Just recently, he learned how to slow down the world around him to a crawl, but this happens haphazardly he believes, although his temperament seems to be the key. There is much he has to learn about his abilities.

In order to maintain his new life of crime however, Ace relies on the jack of all trades mentality he adopted after having worked and perfected many different professions so far in his short life. Add to this his fantastic street smarts and slew of connections in all niches of society, and Ace manages to get by just fine.

As a means of protection, Ace is usually glad in a bullet proof vest concealed underneath his fashionable and sleek black and white suit, skinny tie, and occasional pea coat. The pea coat is occasional because sometimes Ace straps and Xm-8 to his back. If not, the two holstered Desert Eagles and Hidden Smith and Wessen 67 he carries are on him at all times. His perfectionist obsession has left very capable with these weapons.

Bube
09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Ooh.. Sorry about the very late reply. I've been quite busy lately.

Anyway, Bube is a music loving mutant. He can generate music from his own body, which, in relevance to the genre, gives him special powers.

Rock music boosts his power.
Metal boosts speed.
Electronic music makes him more agile.
Acoustic heals him.
Pop confuses his opponents.
Lullabies slow down his opponents, eventually putting them to sleep.

However, due to the limitations of his body, only one genre can be generated at a time.

BreakABone
09-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I like Bube's powers. Not the least of all because I helped with it.

Now get nighthawk to post his even though I know.

thatmariolover
09-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Bube you're like a D&D Bard on steroids.

Swan
09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
What happens if your enemy starts to play music?

Does that mess with your powers?

BreakABone
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM

That's actually a good question.
And you just gave the enemy some insight on a potential teammate. :p

Bube
09-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Bube you're like a D&D Bard on steroids.

lol, that's what I thought when I was talking to BaB about this. To be honest, this character looks very weird in my mind :D

Now that you say that, I think I should've made up a weakness as well.

Let's make it rap music. It impairs my judgment skills.

Swan
09-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Or polka makes you dance uncontrollably

Nighthawk
09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
sound manipulation, the ability to generate high/low pitched voices... like a hawk diving down towards its prey, and screaming its ass off..

and as brothers, Bube and i, both have something to with sounds... it might be genetic? :p

ooo, can there be something like a combo, Bube and N.hawk, actual brothers in arms :crazy: