PDA

View Full Version : Ever walked out on a movie?

Dyne
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
I never have.

But I was sorely tempted during The Astronaut Farmer. :( Worst movie of my life.

BreakABone
07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
I've never even heard of the movie.

does it count if you snuck into the movie like half way. Didn't like what was going on and then left?

Dyne
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I've never even heard of the movie.

does it count if you snuck into the movie like half way. Didn't like what was going on and then left?

Yes, it can even count if you stopped watching the DVD altogether.

In that case, my dad turned off Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I never got to see the end half. But I didn't miss it. :)

Angrist
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
They put us in the room with Final Destination 3, while we wanted to see V for Vendetta. Naturally we walked out and into the right room.
So that's the closest I ever got. But I'm not afraid of walking out if it's really a movie I don't want to see.

Oh, that was cinema. There are many DVDs and avis I didn't finish watching. Especially if they're too violent or something. But if it just has bad quality, I'll keep watching. I even finished A Sound of Thunder, bah.

The Germanator
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Never have. Though I was watching the first "Scary Movie" in the the theaters and the fire alarm went off and we had to leave. Let's say I was happy we were forced out of the theaters because the movie was kind of lame and we got a coupon to a free movie.

Since it costs $9-10 to go to a movie these days, I usually research them fairly carefully and usually know if it's the kind of movie I won't want to walk out on. I've stopped watching some "On Demand" movies on the TV before, but that's usually because I started watching them at 2 AM because I was bored and wasn't really interested in finishing them anyway.

Angrist
07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Since it costs $9-10 to go to a movie these days, I usually research them fairly carefully and usually know if it's the kind of movie I won't want to walk out on. http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/070416ditto.jpg

KillerGremlin
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM

In that case, my dad turned off Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I never got to see the end half. But I didn't miss it. :)

Really? Weird, I really enjoyed that movie. In my opinion it was Jim Carrey's best performance since the Truman Show. You have to watch it all the way through though, it gets better.

I walked out of Beowulf. What an epic turd of a film. They totally ruined the epic poem that the movie was based on. I snuck into a different movie.

Teuthida
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
The Neverending Story II and TMNT II.

DeathsHand
07-30-2008, 06:48 PM
The only movie I've stopped watching halfway through due to a lack of interest is Escape From New York...

Dylflon
07-30-2008, 07:01 PM

This is wrong. You're both fools.

Vampyr
07-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I've never walked out on a movie, and probably never will. I'm sure that I'll at least partially enjoy a movie before I go see it.

magus113
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM
I've never walked out of a movie theatre before, but I do remember the first craptrastic movie that I fell asleep during.

Chicken Run. Ugh.

Typhoid
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't go to enough movies in theatres randomly to ever see a "bad" one in my eyes.

Even if a movie sucks, I'll pretty much finish it - just so I can inform others of my misery and how badly it sucked.

Seth
08-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Anchorman
\not really my decision

Bube
08-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't ever remember walking out of a movie. I sometimes have to turn DVDs off, but continue them later.

I almost walked out of a musical play I went with 2 friends. They both wanted to go, I persuaded them to stay. The next day one of them said that he was glad he didn't walk out :)

I've fallen asleep during a few plays and movies though.

Jonbo298
08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
I've never walked out of a movie theatre before, but I do remember the first craptrastic movie that I fell asleep during.

Chicken Run. Ugh.

I haven't walked out of a movie theatre yet, but I did fall asleep during one movie because it was so damn boring and usually I can at least tolerate things. Can't recall movie though now because it was about a year or 2 back.