PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil or Eternal Darkness?

geist
01-23-2002, 12:16 AM
which of these games would you rather have?

for me it would have to be.....arghhhhhh ill have both. Ive played ED and all i can say is that this game is really fun and i just love it. For resident evil the graphics are kickass and its totally been redone this will trully be an awesome series

Gamer
01-23-2002, 12:17 AM
Hmm, i think i would rather have ED, it looks like a pretty sweet game, and i think it will pack tons of playing time and a good replay value.

Snake
01-23-2002, 12:20 AM
ED- 12 characters, different time periods and all those crazy insanity effects..

With RE, you get a great story line, multiple games and i dunno... that RE feeling :p

Gamer
01-23-2002, 12:33 AM
Ya. i think i might have to get both!

GameKinG
01-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Screw that, Im equaly excited about both!

Heyyoudvd
01-23-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by geist
which of these games would you rather have?

for me it would have to be.....arghhhhhh ill have both. Ive played ED and all i can say is that this game is really fun and i just love it. For resident evil the graphics are kickass and its totally been redone this will trully be an awesome series

You've played Eternal Darkness? How? It still doesn't even have an official release date.

Fez
01-23-2002, 05:29 AM
ED.

thatmariolover
01-23-2002, 08:14 AM
They're two very different kinds of games. ED is *not* a survival horror game. Although what you may have played at the Cube Club was just hack and slash, that was only because they didn't want to divulge the plot development or sanity effects.

Here's my preview for ED: www.geocities.com/aqua_dude_00/edpreview.html

Shadow_Link
01-23-2002, 12:34 PM
That preview is brilliant TML...

I would have to say I am stoked about ED just a bit more than I am about RE...

fingersman
01-23-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm buying both so it doesn't matter to me

DeathsHand
01-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Snake
With RE, you get a great story line, multiple games and i dunno... that RE feeling :p

RE? a great storyline?... heh... heh... heh... *ahem*

well anyways, if ED turns out good, I'll get both, but I'm DEFINATELY getting RE1... and RE0 and 4 too...

Sure SK says ED is not a survival horror game, but I think most people will think differently... developers say a lot of things... And I don't see what the big deal is... like on IGN sometimes when people call ED a survival horror people go like "AHH IT'S NOT A SURVIVAL HORROR!" like calling it one is offensive in some way heh heh :p

Ginkasa
01-23-2002, 03:21 PM
I'm probably more excited about ED because that's new and RE isn't (even though it has better graphics and stuff than before). But I am getting both so....

geist
01-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

You've played Eternal Darkness? How? It still doesn't even have an official release date.

i played it at cube club in s.f. Even though the level they had(the girl in the mansion) wont be in the final game your given the basic feel of it and i loved playing it!!! i liked the targeting system where u could target individual limbs.

Snake
01-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

RE? a great storyline?... heh... heh... heh... *ahem*

*Remebers playing RE3 and not knowing WTF was going on...*

I think you might be right :D

Bond
01-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Eternal Darkness of course. I have no interest whatsoever in the remake of Resident Evil. :-o

LoudHowardZERO
01-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Re, and you know it ;)

Blix
01-24-2002, 05:15 PM
I'll get them both. I can't decide about one individually.

gekko
01-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Snake

*Remebers playing RE3 and not knowing WTF was going on...*

I think you might be right :D

Uhh... RE3 is meant to explain the story line that you're supposed to already know. It takes place 30 minutes before and afer RE2. No wonder you were confused.

But you're asking me to choose between a game I've never played, and I gave I've played enough to be able to walk my friends through over the phone, while I played a different game.

So right now, it's a tough call.

The_Dunadan
01-24-2002, 07:41 PM
i'd rather have a brand new experience of a game then a repolished one. ed:)