PDA

View Full Version : Comics July Thread

BreakABone
07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I know it is late in the month but no time like the present.

Anyhow, I figured even though there is maybe 5 of us on the forum (Dylan 1 n 2, Danny, strangler and myself) who somewhat actively read comics we should atleast have a monthly thread where we can discuss what reading and what recommend.
Also Zen so he doesn't whine about being left off the list. Reads comics, but doesn't post.

And like all good medias we could update Monday/Tuesday on what we gonna buy/obtain.

Anyhow for the week of July 23rd.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/newreleases.txt

The release list. (Which is you click on it will update next week as well ;) )

My list:
Ambush Bug
Green Lantern Corps
Robin
Trinity
Two Face Year One -
JOKERS ASYLUM SCARECROW #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #23
INVINCIBLE #51

Swan
07-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Basically any secret invasion stuff I don't have.

And the Jokers Asylum: Scarecrow

Vampyr
07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
I would recommend picking up the trade paper back of "Planet Hulk." Very good read with awesome art.

And even though it's old, if you haven't read "The Dark Knight Returns", do so now please. I think that alongside The Watchmen, it's considered one of the greatest graphic novels of all time.

Zen
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
oh and i am not on that list...oh no you didnt.

in any case, planning to get:

BATMAN #676 (this arc has been better than expected so far for me)
BATMAN GOTHAM AFTER MIDNITE #3 (OF 12) $2.99 (for the hell of it... not enjoying it that much so far)
JOKERS ASYLUM SCARECROW (favorite has been penguin's so far, joker's own sucked)
ROBIN #175 (RIP tie in)
SUPERMAN #678 (really... I just have to, but action comics is way better than this at the moment)

a little lopsided on the DC end...but hey that's me.

BreakABone
07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
oh and i am not on that list...oh no you didnt.

in any case, planning to get:

BATMAN #676 (this arc has been better than expected so far for me)
BATMAN GOTHAM AFTER MIDNITE #3 (OF 12) $2.99 (for the hell of it... not enjoying it that much so far)
JOKERS ASYLUM SCARECROW (favorite has been penguin's so far, joker's own sucked)
ROBIN #175 (RIP tie in)
SUPERMAN #678 (really... I just have to, but action comics is way better than this at the moment)

a little lopsided on the DC end...but hey that's me.

You would be on the list, but you hardly post on GT. ;)

As for me.
Justice LEague was okay but DC has so much more stuff going on, I didn't even remember the arc until I opened the issue.
Ambush Bug was interesting, but no idea who have the references/characters were.
Trinity finally seems to have a purpose and goal.

Zen
07-23-2008, 05:43 PM
so?... i still lurk everyday ho.

Swan
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Have to agree though, Penguins was the best so far

BreakABone
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Have to agree though, Penguins was the best so far

Well, I don't want to take credit for it.
But I mean, Penguins are far superior.

:p

BreakABone
07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, I forgot to bump this thread, though others like Zen could do it as well. :p

Anyhow, Joker Asylum: Two-Face was pretty good.
Awesome ending.

Sadly, I got tails. :(

Green Lantern was fun.

Teuthida
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Just read part 1 of 3 of Attack of The Killer Tomatoes from Viper Comics. Seems to be an adaptation of the film...but I've only seen the cartoon, so fresh for me.

Bond
07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm reading Batman Year One. Real under the radar comic. You guys should check it out sometime.

Teuthida
07-31-2008, 01:53 PM
My professor drew that book. :)

Not that the art style will be the same...nor the writing...but he has a 344 page graphic novel coming out in Feb 2009 that he's been working on for nearly 10 years while he taught punks like me storytelling at school.

Bond
07-31-2008, 02:34 PM
That's awesome. I really like the art style. It is the first comic I've ever read though.

magus113
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm reading Year One now, and I finished Long Halloween yesterday.

For the Marvel buffs I'm gonna take some time to read MK and Sensational Spidey, along with House of M and Civil War.

Planet and World War Hulk are in there somewhere.

Swan
07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
That's awesome. I really like the art style. It is the first comic I've ever read though.

Didn't it take you a day to read it?:p

Zen
07-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Anyhow, Joker Asylum: Two-Face was pretty good.
Awesome ending.

Sadly, I got tails. :(

I got heads, somehow i feel tails was a more accurate ending due to the events.

Besides this I also got Batman/Superman #50, thought it was pretty lame honestly, hated the art.