PDA

View Full Version : Help typhoid with GT access

Dyne
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Typhoid's internet wonked out and GT is one of the only sites he can't get to. It apparently keeps saying "server isn't found" and it keeps timing out. Any ideas on how to fix it for him?

He can read us through a proxy here.

BreakABone
07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Maybe he should work with Combine. He can access GT but not much else of the net.

But maybe there is something with cookies or one of those fancy computer words I know little about.

Atleast, I got him here through a proxy.

Vampyr
07-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Mine is doing that when I try to go to GameFaqs. It's been doing it for a while, and I haven't been able to find a solution.

GameMaster
07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
It sounds like some wack, trojan, browser-hijacker.

manasecret
07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Probably due to Typhoid's douche-atude.

Wait, he can't read this right?

Swan
07-19-2008, 05:43 AM

Just jealous that he raped your position

manasecret
07-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Haha I'm not sure what position, but that's awesome.

Typhoid
07-19-2008, 02:05 PM

You assume I'm educated in the first place.
Never assume anything.

BreakABone
07-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Never assume anything.

So have you solved your problem or are you still accessing thru a proxy?

manasecret
07-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Never assume anything.

Good to have you back. :D

I don't get the joke, though.

Vampyr
07-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Never assume anything.

How did you fix the problem?

Typhoid
07-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm still on a proxy, and it's highly annoying, because for whatever reason, the proxy site doesn't let me create threads, only post in them.

And the joke was "Wait, he can't read this, right?" which I turned literal, since it's the internet and reading is required, and implied I am not educated enough to be able to read yet, telling the person "No, I cannot read this. Don't assume I'm educated."

Goddamnit I hate proxy sites.

BreakABone
07-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm still on a proxy, and it's highly annoying, because for whatever reason, the proxy site doesn't let me create threads, only post in them.

And the joke was "Wait, he can't read this, right?" which I turned literal, since it's the internet and reading is required, and implied I am not educated enough to be able to read yet, telling the person "No, I cannot read this. Don't assume I'm educated."

Goddamnit I hate proxy sites.

I assume you did all the safe stuff like delete cookies and stuff.
Do you have another comp to test to see if its your computer or the network?

And not that you want it, but we can find you other proxies. Maybe one that allows you to make threads.. who knows

KillerGremlin
07-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a problem on Typhoid's end....I'd consult your computer [cookies, cache], then your network [router, modem], then your ISP.

Typhoid
07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
It definitely wasn't the cache, that was the first thing I did. I cleared everything, and checked all of that to make sure it wasn't something I'd usually overlook.

And when I asked the modem what his problem was, he didn't answer me, so I don't know.

Vampyr
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
It definitely wasn't the cache, that was the first thing I did. I cleared everything, and checked all of that to make sure it wasn't something I'd usually overlook.

And when I asked the modem what his problem was, he didn't answer me, so I don't know.

Are you using a wireless router?

Typhoid
07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Nope.

Bond
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
What browser are you using / what programs do you normally have running?

Typhoid
07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
The computer is beyond fucked up as it is anyways. It's riddled with viruses. I have to run every program manually, via task manager. Nothing autoruns. The recovery (D drive) doesn't respond to anything, so I can't even do a backup. Explorer (the main program that runs the background, icons, and general funcionability of the whole shabang) isn't a valid process anymore.

But anyways, I use Firefox, and the only programs I ever have running are it, Messenger and WMP from time to time.

You see, my mother has this condition called "obliviousness", where she gets an email, reads it, and clicks the links. This has caused the downfall of my computer.

This is all the more reason for me to just get a laptop or new desktop this weekend anyways.

BreakABone
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
The computer is beyond fucked up as it is anyways. It's riddled with viruses. I have to run every program manually, via task manager. Nothing autoruns. The recovery (D drive) doesn't respond to anything, so I can't even do a backup. Explorer (the main program that runs the background, icons, and general funcionability of the whole shabang) isn't a valid process anymore.

But anyways, I use Firefox, and the only programs I ever have running are it, Messenger and WMP from time to time.

You see, my mother has this condition called "obliviousness", where she gets an email, reads it, and clicks the links. This has caused the downfall of my computer.

This is all the more reason for me to just get a laptop or new desktop this weekend anyways.

Why not reboot the comp or do you have too much valuable stuff you want to save?

Typhoid
07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
It's been like this for about 4 years now, to be honest.
It's been restarted countless times. Nothing works. It needs to be wiped and started off fresh again. Unless that's what you meant.

Bond
07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I think that's what BaB means. Reformatting really isn't that bad, it would probably take you a few hours and solve all your problems. Provided of course that you have the proper discs and backup your information.

Typhoid
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I tried that a few years ago, it wouldn't work because it didn't read the disc properly - which is odd considering it reads every other disc fine.

Maybe I should try that again.

BreakABone
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I tried that a few years ago, it wouldn't work because it didn't read the disc properly - which is odd considering it reads every other disc fine.

Maybe I should try that again.

Or you can have a good friend like Dyne download an XP disc for you. Burn it and then reformat from the start menu or whatever the hell you call the boot up screen.

GameMaster
07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, reformatting is the solution. Just backup whatever you don't want to lose. Your computer will be just like it was when you turned it on for the first time.

Vampyr
07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't think it's anything that extreme. My computer is doing the exact same thing, and it was just reformatted very recently, it started when I got my wireless router. It will not load gamefaqs, it just times out, but I am able to go there using a proxy.

It's something to do with the settings of the router and/or modem, I just have no idea what.