PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen Trailer

BreakABone
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.lunchtimebanter.com/?p=185

Apparently some folks are friends of this comic.
I still need to read.

And if link goes down. And it probably will. Let's see if we can find another.

~Edit~
http://io9.com/5026402/watch-how-faithful-watchmen-will-be
Different link.

Teuthida
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.bigdork.org/images/03/images/BigSmilie.gif

Swan
07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I really hope they don't blow this.

But I share your enthusiasm Danny

Dylflon
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
FINALLY! THE TRAILER!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

BreakABone
07-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm beginning to feel like the Ps3 people.
Same group usually meets in the comics thread.

We just need Strangler. And maybe Zen to complete the circle.

Combine 017
07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Never heard of it, looks weird.

DarkMaster
07-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Holy sheet... maybe they'll pull it off?

Fox 6
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Looks intense

Vampyr
07-18-2008, 10:35 AM
The costumes are very cheezy.

Professor S
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
The costumes are very cheezy.

They're supposed to be. remember, this is a period piece, and the costumes are supposed to reflect the style of the time (think late 80's, early 90's Batman... remember the nipples?). And if you think those are cheesy, wait until you see their constumes from the 60's period of the movie, LOL!!

Vampyr
07-18-2008, 12:08 PM
They're supposed to be. remember, this is a period piece, and the costumes are supposed to reflect the style of the time (think late 80's, early 90's Batman... remember the nipples?). And if you think those are cheesy, wait until you see their constumes from the 60's period of the movie, LOL!!

Ahh, I sort of had a feeling something like that was going on, I should have trusted the director of 300 a bit more than I did. :)

I've never read any of the Watchmen comics, but this does make me interested.

Dylflon
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Go to your bookstore, pick up the graphic novel.

It is right up your alley.

KillerGremlin
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Apparently Watchmen is like THE COMIC of all comics, so, having been told that by numerous people....I'm sure the movie will be average and piss off a lot of fans, because Snyder dropped the ball with 300.

It will be full of fantastic visuals, I'm sure, but Snyder thinks he's a lot more clever than he is.

DarkMaster
07-21-2008, 02:26 AM
How did he drop the ball with 300? Has anyone actually read 300? It's not exactly a literary masterpiece. Whether or not you thought the movie was any good, it was pretty damn true to the novel.

Vampyr
07-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Went to a book store to buy this yesterday, and they didn't have it. >.< Comic book section looked pretty picked over, though, so I'm assuming they sold out after people saw the trailer before The Dark Knight.

I guess I'm going to buy it off Amazon.

Dyne
07-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah, saw this before Batman and it was the only preview. I'm amazed.

But yeah, looks fantastic.

Acebot44
08-23-2008, 05:29 AM
You know what really grinds my gears?
Lawsuits (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/watchmen-lawsui.html)

Last year, Warner Bros. rolled film on Watchmen, Zack Snyder’s $100 million adaptation of a comic book widely hailed as the greatest superhero story ever created. But did the studio even have the right to make the movie at all?

Earlier this year, Twentieth Century Fox filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros. seeking to stop Watchmen’s release (scheduled for March 6, 2009), claiming that it, not Warner Bros., held the distribution rights to any motion picture made from the material. Today, a judge declined Warner Bros.’ request to dismiss the lawsuit, setting the stage for a possibly ugly legal tussle.

The judge’s ruling comes as a shock to many in Hollywood, as most assumed Fox’s claim had no merit. After all, the central figure in this complicated saga is Larry Gordon (Die Hard, Field of Dreams), a veteran producer who surely must have known what he was doing when he began trying to bring Watchmen to the screen 17 years ago—a storied struggle that took him to at least three separate studios (Paramount was close to making the film in 2005 before a regime change put it in turnaround) until finally finding a seemingly happy ending at Warner Bros. Yet according to Fox’s lawsuit, Gordon has a standing agreement dating back to the early '90s to buy out the studio’s interest in the project if he ever got it up and going at another company.

Gordon, who has historically been reluctant to talk about his efforts to produce a Watchmen adaptation, couldn’t be reached prior to deadline for comment. In a statement, Warner Bros. responds: "It is our company's policy not to comment on pending litigation, and thus will not comment on the specifics of this case. That said, the Court's ruling simply means that the parties will engage in discovery and proceed with the litigation. The judge did not opine at all on the merits, other than to conclude that Fox satisfied the pleading requirements. We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights in and to this project."

News of the proceeding lawsuit comes just days after Warner Bros. decided to shore up its 2009 slate—anchored by Watchmen and a new Terminator movie—by moving Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from fall 2008 to next summer. Make of that what you will.

As they say in the comics: to be continued…

thatmariolover
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I just finished reading Watchmen yesterday, and I thought it was absolutely amazing. I've never read a book, watched movie, or played a game that was able to invoke that kind of emotional response in me. Total genius.

I can only hope the movie stays true to it (Keven Smith says 'Yes').

Bond
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I totally agree, tml. I have one chapter left with Watchmen, and it's just been amazing so far. The art style, the creative way to tell the story (with post chapter 5-page mini-novels, the story-within-a-story via the pirate comic). It's just amazing.