PDA

View Full Version : The BaB appreciation thread!

Bube
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, since "everybody's viewing but nobody's posting" (BaB's words), and because I named the Bourne game to be a "good or decent game based on a movie based on a book" just as BaB was thinking about it, he wanted me to make an appreciation thread for him (there's something a little wrong about this, but I just can't put my finger on it :)).

It was either this or axing the water pipes at my school, a la Donnie Darko, so I went with this thread :)

So, let's all thank the little Penguin in our lives, the little voice in our heads, and the mascot of our forums, for making this place that much more fun!

We love you BaB, and thanks for filling us with your wisdom (and Batman information :))!

That felt weird.. :p

Aladuf
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM
BaB is a cool cat. He taught me to love, hate and then love again Nintendo (although now it's kinda neutral).

He got me a tag (title) on GAF, he's allowed me to pummel his ass in Gears while a couple of those times he's returned the beatings on me.

Our friendship started over a sales plug I gave him for Arrested Development on GAF... the deal went, if he didn't like it then he got to behead me... and yet I kept talking to him knowing that fun little fact.

I owe him 5 favors, I can only fathom what these favors will end up being.

And I found out today that he has the two most bad ass tattoos on his hands. I admittedly kept thinking how I wanted to get a tattoo like that too when I went back to work today.

Cheers to BaB! :)

birdman
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
BaB taught me how to love a lady like a gentleman.

He said Barry White is the key...and roofies.

Bond
07-06-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.popgadget.net/images/penguin-tea-timer.jpg

Fox 6
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I will regurgitate fish into his mouth any day.

Teuthida
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
He wanted me to make an appreciation thread for him.

Phew. And here I almost thought you made this thread of your own accord.

I've known the blasted bird for almost nine years and he's been nothing but trouble.

Swan
07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
I am amazed BaB didn't make this thread himself

Aladuf
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I am amazed BaB didn't make this thread himself

:lolz: :lolz: When he linked me to this, I had originally thought that he posted it too.

Jason1
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
BAB is a good guy. He's pretty much always there if you want to play online games.

BlueFire
07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
He's fun to laugh at.

SQurel23
07-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I...I really don't know what to say...there are so many words, so many feelings...I guess there is only one true way to describe BaB aka Chocolate Bear. Take it away boys!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

flamb
07-06-2008, 10:25 PM
bab is sort of like the uncle that does crazy stuff at reunions like put an umbrella in his pants i think
also im pretty sure he wants my childrne
also i think hes coming into canada one day and thats kind of neat i guess

diego2k3
07-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm honored to share my mortal existence with the legend that is The King of Kings, Champion of Champions, the divine drinker, the cerebral chugger... BreakABone. I now present some offerings of pixel greatness of what I think he looks like:

http://www.penguinparody.com/Batman.jpg

http://www.penguinart.net/comic/20061210.gif

Yoda9864
07-06-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.penguinparody.com/Batman.jpg
Spot on!

flunkie44
07-07-2008, 02:45 AM
I do not appreciate BaB.

Bube
07-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Phew. And here I almost thought you made this thread of your own accord.

I've known the blasted bird for almost nine years and he's been nothing but trouble.
He kept saying things like "post new pic", "post in random talk thread", "make appreciation thread" last night on msn.

It was like..a Jedi mind trick or something.

BreakABone
07-07-2008, 06:43 AM
I do not appreciate BaB.

Then why enter an appreciaton thread? :confused:

That's an awesome picture Diego. Apparently, I need you to post about how great I am more often.

And to those who thought it, why would I start my own appreciation thread? I'm an egomaniac, I don't need to praise myself, I need to see other people do it!

But this thread actually turned out a lot different than I imagined.

KillerGremlin
07-07-2008, 09:21 AM
BaB is the forum brotha. He represents...and would most likely be the first one to perish if Gametavern was a horror movie. He is also one of the fun members to have video gaming discussion with, and apparently shares many parallels to my current life/schooling situation.

It's a good thing someone made this appreciation thread, I wonder if BaB paid Bube off. :p

Aladuf
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
BaB is the forum brotha. He represents...and would most likely be the first one to perish if Gametavern was a horror movie.

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Bube
07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
It's a good thing someone made this appreciation thread, I wonder if BaB paid Bube off. :p

There was no payment involved. BaB wanted it, and I just thought it would be fun to see what people had to say.

Unfortunately, it made me look weak :p

But this thread actually turned out a lot different than I imagined.

How would you have wanted it, then? :) You said yourself you'd have done it more negative, so I guess this thread is pretty good from what you had in mind? What more do you want, damn it!?

BlueFire
07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
BaB is Ethiopian.

Or something like that

BreakABone
07-07-2008, 01:37 PM
How would you have wanted it, then? :) You said yourself you'd have done it more negative, so I guess this thread is pretty good from what you had in mind? What more do you want, damn it!?

Oh wasn't saying anything about this thread or you.

I expected more replies like Flunkie's about people not appreciating. Or lame jokes, but we got our share of those as well. :D

N8
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Well what can I say about the Break a Penguin? After being prodded to write about him I'm tempted to say what I really think, but that's probably not appropriate here ;)

Oh we go way back, years and years. He's by far the longest-held internet-friend I've had. Keeps me up to date on all the latest and greatest in video game news, and always finds a way to trick me into doing something for him, which I inevitably forget to do anyway.

This one goes out to you pal. Cheers.

RagedHybrid
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
BaB is the best Jewmaican i have ever met.

The man has been on this forum long before me and yet somehow continues to visit this place. lol

here is how i envision BaB:

http://www.c31.org.au/showmedia/Image/penguin%20tv%20cartoon-web.jpg

Bube
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Whoa, N8! You're back? Or just visiting?

BlueFire
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Holy shit, N8!

Hahahah now we need Shooter

Bond
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
That's a joke... right? Right?

BreakABone
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Holy shit, N8!

Now that is a man who didn't appreciate BaB at all.
Though he appreciated Gekko even less. :lolz:

Swan
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
BaB is a person.....

The Germanator
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I'll see in about 10 days whether this supposed dude is worth appreciating. I'll report back.

jeepnut
07-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I DO NOT appreciate appreciation threads.

I DO appreciate BaBs though.

BreakABone
07-08-2008, 06:09 AM
I'll see in about 10 days whether this supposed dude is worth appreciating. I'll report back.

See now this is appreciation.
The man has a concert on the same night, but he is still counting down still when he meets me.
You can't buy that type of appreciation. :p

magus113
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Consider yourself appreciated.

Nighthawk
07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
the welcome thread you did for me is very much appreciated

Dylflon
07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I don't appreciate BaB so I can't post in this thread.

Dyne
07-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Wait.. BaB linked me to this specifically.

Anyways, I love BaB because he's one of the only ones that talks to me on a regular basis. He also bought me Paper Mario which I've changed my mind about, and the podcast would be nothing without his voice. Hahaha.

Swan
07-16-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.cad-comic.com/images/news/Lite0018.jpg
Replace the word "human" with "Canadian" and the robot is BaB

Dyne
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Replace the word "human" with "Canadian" and the robot is BaB

It's so true. :lolz:

Swan
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM
BaB has just told me a story that has blown my respect for him up into....well alot

props to you BaB

Bube
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
BaB has just told me a story that has blown my respect for him up into....well alot

props to you BaB
Ooookaaay..

What it this "story" then?

BreakABone
07-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Ooookaaay..

The "story" won't get out for now.
Don't worry, I will share when I can.
But right now, I think I rather play it closer to the chest.

Fox 6
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM

Was that at all influenced by the Dark Knight? (that expression is used twice in the movie afterall.) :p

Bube
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
The "story" won't get out for now.
Don't worry, I will share when I can.
So you're saying that you don't trust me?

GameMaster
07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I think he was just looking for an excuse to use a Dark Knight quote. ;)

Bube
07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I think he was just looking for an excuse to use a Dark Knight quote. ;)
Didn't know it was a TDK quote, but I was joking anyway.

I need to buy IMAX tickets for TDK, btw. :) It's released this friday here, can't wait!

BreakABone
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Ooookaaay..

The "story" is that I called one of my residents a fat-ass.
I didn't want to say anything on it because I got suspended from work for it.
Have a hearing/interview/investigation thingie today at 3.
Should be fun.

Bube
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
The "story" is that I called one of my residents a fat-ass.
I didn't want to say anything on it because I got suspended from work for it.
Have a hearing/interview/investigation thingie today at 3.
Should be fun.
Damn, that sucks.. Sorry to hear that. :(

What do you mean by "resident"? It doesn't have an exact translation in Turkish, so I can never make out what it means..

Bond
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I think BaB works at some type of rehabilitation facility, so in that context a "resident" would be one who stays long term in a care facility (nursing home, rehab facility, etc).

Bube
07-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I think BaB works at some type of rehabilitation facility, so in that context a "resident" would be one who stays long term in a care facility (nursing home, rehab facility, etc).
I think it means a person who's finished med-school and is training in a specialty, but I'm not sure..

Or since you say long-term, it may be a person who's finished his or her specialization training, and is on the staff?

Fox 6
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Babs does work in a center for underprivilaged individuals. Nothing medical.

GameMaster
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I've never known BaB to be one to lose his temper.

BreakABone
07-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I've never known BaB to be one to lose his temper.

I didn't lose my temper.
It really does take a lot for me to blow a lid.
And when I do it tends to go the opposite direction where I won't shout and scream. I just won't speak to you.

Ask Squrel if he ever posts here anymore. :lolz:

quiet mike
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, watch out for that temper man, you don't want to compete with me on that level :)

Can't say much about you now (but that's just me) so...

Domnul să te binecuvinteze şi să te ajute şi să te îndrume în ce faci ca să fii izbăvit tu şi cei cu care lucrezi !!! Ţi-ajunge?

:D Well maybe we'll mod a forum sometime togheter!

jeepnut
07-25-2008, 06:06 PM
quiet mike?!? WTF? Where you been?!

quiet mike
07-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Here, there, somwhere just not anywhere.

Hi there all I might get some posts in :D

Well I can say about BaB that he keept in touch with me as I gone silent (mostly cuz e couldn't understand my romanian multymessegaes, but faked an insterest to try and get something out of me, and eventually made me back here to post some more.

Bube
07-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Welcome back then, quiet mike! Nice to have you back :)