PDA

View Full Version : Space Madness Endgame

Dylflon
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
The sound of saw working its way through bone resonated from the sleeping quarters into the common room. It was an exceptionally loud and disturbing sound and nobody had particularly cared for it. Dyne and Teuthida sipped on the last of their dirt tea, while Combine did more flips. Things were returning more or less to normal and some clarity had returned to these strange companions. One GNODE previous, Aladuf had taken it upon himself to destroy all the telesets in the area to rid themselves of the transmission.

With returned clarity came a sense of horror as the survivors began to recall the crimes they had committed. Almost all of them had blood on their hands or soon would. Teuthida recounted that he had murdered Flunkie in cold blood, tearing out and feasting upon his meaty organs. Uber Paddler recalled earlier events in which Swan was attempting to get the door open. Uber had feared that this would let all of the crazy people in so he beat Swan’s head against the door until he no longer possessed a discernable face. Dyne who seemed incredibly polite was the one who shot Mario Lover while he was giving out guns. Whether it was because he wasn’t trustworthy or because he cheats at cards Dyne could not remember. And Aladuf had murdered Angrist in cold blood for no particular reason. Everyone who remained had taken part in at least some of the horrible mob killing that had taken place since they had been trapped in here.
The sawing continued rather loudly for sometime. Then it stopped. Uber Paddler came marching out holding a severed hand. Everyone was stunned and certain that Uber was crazy. Uber looked around the room and noticed everyone’s stare was fixed on him.
“Oh, it’s okay. It’s the captain’s hand”
This did nothing to make the others less disturbed.
“I remembered that there’s a door override that responds to the captain’s fingerprints. We can go to the escape pods now. Bube announced his glee to the room but was stopped before this glee could spread.
“The one problem is though; there’s crazy people out there and the only close escape pod has room for four.”
A panic overtook the room and everyone was yelling and arguing at the top of their lungs.
Dyne inquired if that meant three people had to be left behind but in his heart knew they’d have to be killed. The general consensus in the room was that nobody wanted to share an escape pod with a criminal and they quickly descended upon Aladuf. Some held his limbs down while Yoda suffocated him.

Combine decided to take law into his own hands and knew that he didn’t want to be in the same escape pod with any suffocators or stranglers. After Aladuf stopped moving, Combine tore Yoda off from on top of him and began beating him to death with his mighty cyborg arms. Bube was horrified by the display and shot Combine in the back. Now there was enough room in the escape pod for everyone.

Uber put the captain’s hand against the override panel and then kept it in his pocket. He’d need it again for the escape pod. The group of four cautiously entered the hall. Dead bodies lines the walls as far as they could see. Dozens of them, scattered everywhere. Some had their throats cut open, others had their heads kicked in. It was a horrifying sight to behold. As they closed in on the escape pods, the telesets turned on and displayed the transmission with incredibly intensity. Before Dyne knew it, he had a tail in his spine. Teuthida hoisted Dyne up in the air on his tail and screeched with both of his mouths. Dyne coughed up a mixture of blood and dirt tea shortly before dying. Bube and Uber pulled out their guns and began unloading upon Teuthida the xenomorph. Teuthida’s acidic blood splattered everywhere, but primarily all over Uber Paddler. Uber began to scream as Teuthida closed in on Bube. Bube was backed up to the escape pod door and was certain in his demise. He closed his eyes and prepared for the wrost but found himself suddenly falling backwards. Uber had thrown the captain’s hand against the override pad, and with a stroke of luck, the palm had connected with the pad. Teuthida was getting ready to push his way in but Bube had found the door lock button in time. Soon after he found the escape button and was hurtling through space, leaving that crazy ship behind him.

Bube gave himself a moment of quiet respect for all who had died. He was happy to be alive. His first order of business was to program his coordinates into the navigator. He would get to see his Spacebook friends after all. Then the pod’s teleset switched on.

----

Congratularions Bube. A winner is you.

For those of you who wanted to know the mechanics:

Everyone in the game was crazy. Although I gave some people different explanations in their PMs to see how everyone would play. Each round, two vigilantes are selected by random number generator. I didn't repeat vigilantes until everyone who is alive had had a turn which never happened. The vigilantes gavee me a PM with the top 3 people they'd like to kill ranked 1 to 3. I asked for 3 because the voted for person takes priority and I also leave a buffer in case both vigilantes pick the same person. If they failed to submit, the vigilante is eliminated to maintain 3 losses per day.

It wasn't a complicated game, but not knowing what's going on makes it hard. Sorry for those of you who felt screwed with or tormented. But the next one I run will be more to your liking. I promise.

BreakABone
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I think you need to edit out the last bit.

But I quite enjoyed the narrative of the game. Oddly enough, it is the only narrative I have actually followed. :lolz:

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Congrats Bube.

So I'm still (barely) alive on the crazy ship? I wonder if I had it in me to brew one last cup of dirt tea...

Bond
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
As an outside observer, I found the issue to be most people's conception of the game was that it was going to be team-based, and in reality it wasn't. That's probably why people felt somewhat cheated.

It was definitely an interesting twist though.

Dyne
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Great, so you win the game by doing nothing. I should have figured that out.

Also, I was vigilante back when everybody thought I was. I played you all and was in most people's "alliances". But I guess that doesn't matter now.

Teuthida hoisted Dyne up in the air on his tail and screeched with both of his mouths.Thanks for honouring the alliance we had. The only one I semi-considered.

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I did. 3 pts to Bube, 3 pts to Uber, and 2 to you. So last on my kill list. I guess my alien urges took over. You know the old saying: "You can dress a xenomorph in a suit but he'll still puncture your spine."

Fox 6
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Aladuf said that if he was crazy he would give Combine his launch copy of Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since everyone was crazy......:D

Dyne
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I did. Sort of. 3 pts to Bube, 3 pts to Uber, and 2 to you. So last on my kill list. I guess my alien urges took over. You know the old saying: "You can dress a xenomorph in a suit but he'll still puncture your spine."

Hahaha. :lolz: So true.

Oh well, we had some good tea together.

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
That we did. That we did.

I wonder what beverage will dominate the next mafia.

jeepnut
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I have a feeling some of these narratives were inspired by the Saw franchise...

Anyway, yeah, the expectation that the game was team based when it really wasn't quite screwed with some of us. Also, without a group of Mafia members who know who each other are, you don't get the strategy and the veiled efforts to try to protect your teammates without getting caught yourself.

Combine 017
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Mighty cyborg arms!

Dylflon
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I have a feeling some of these narratives were inspired by the Saw franchise...

Most certainly not.

Fox 6
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
smash brothers today dylan?

uber_paddler
07-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Congrats Bube!

GameMaster
07-03-2008, 04:08 PM

That's what I did and I lasted a good while. Doing jack shit was also my downfall though. Got people suspicious. Sorry I don't have a more exciting revelation to share. I just couldn't get into it this time. *shrugs*

The Germanator
07-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Different game, but not as fun as the others. That's partly because I got killed early and never got to be vigilante, but still, it didn't seem to allow for the fun scheming of the other ones.

Aladuf
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Aladuf said that if he was crazy he would give Combine his launch copy of Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since everyone was crazy......:D

AHH! You're a quick one BUT! read the PM. Here it is word for word, notice the enlarged letters. :D

Well, you know I can't provide evidence that he's crazy because we've had no evidence in this entire game that anyone is crazy. It's all so random. Who do you have in mind to vote for, or to kill off with your vigilante? Because me and uber would like to join up with you to at least make it to the end. There has to be some trust, we worked together in the last game, I'm honestly not bullshitting you here. I swear on my launch copy of Gears 2 that I'm sane (or at least that's what the PM that was sent to me said, I have no control over any crazy changes that Dyflon could pull out of his hat at the end of the game).

No Gears 2 for Combine from me! :lolz:

edit: I'm so glad I added that disclaimer there. Otherwise...well.. you know.

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Yeah, not really any strategy involved in this one. Which is why I tried to make it more fun for myself by sticking to character. This game was fun for a completely different reason than the last.

This is also the third time I made it to the final round and lost. :/

Swan
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Nice double post Tooth.

And didn't people figure this game out in the middle of it?

Angrist
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
My PM said that I wasn't crazy, but that most of the people in the room were. And that I had to find those few sane people...

First of all, it sucked being killed out of nowhere, but it happens.

Most of us quickly realized how weird this game was. For me, the gameplay wasn't that much fun. But still a good effort and I hope it will help you with the next game Dylflon. :)

Thanks for hosting it!

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Nice double post Tooth.

Oops. Deleted. Didn't even know that was still possible to do.

Yoda9864
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Interesting game, but not nearly as fun as past Mafias. Thank you for host it, and putting up with some of our complaining.

Fyacin
07-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Was quite interesting to watch, even though I was killed pretty quick.

Who did kill me by the way? (I ask this in a completly non-revenge seeking manner :D )

BreakABone
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Was quite interesting to watch, even though I was killed pretty quick.

Who did kill me by the way? (I ask this in a completly non-revenge seeking manner :D )

It was Swan, it was in our podcast if you listened to it. :p

Though I got to say, I was disappointed that I gave up my spot to you only for someone to kill you in the first round.
It was like killing me. SWAN!:mad:

Bube
07-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Wow, I won. I guess it's because nobody payed any attention to me. I was invisible, and people forgot to vote for me :p

Angrist
07-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Nah, you're just the nice guy that nobody has trouble with. :D Congrats!

Bube
07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I guess that's true as well. I always try to get along with people. But I don't think it's just that.. :)

BreakABone
07-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I guess that's true as well. I always try to get along with people. But I don't think it's just that.. :)

Lucky I wasn't in this game.
Still got my eye on you from last game.

But the next game shall be Mafia-less. And I believe hosted by the mods (myself and TML).

Should begin sign up over the weekend or early next week for a start during Golden Week.

Bube
07-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Why did you have your eye on me? It could be seen that I was a Survivor at the end of the game. Which means that I wasn't lying to you! You just didn't trust me. :)

And there's a chance that I might not be able to join the new game. I'm probably going to be on vacation. :(