PDA

View Full Version : Show #4: Broken 240 times.

Dyne
07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Show #4: Broken 240 times.

Introductions:

Bluefire
BreakABone
Dyne
RagedHybrid
Swan

Topics of the week:

-Quantum of Solace Trailer
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Games with multiple endings (to some degree)
-Mafia in Space
-Predictions for e3

Download the podcast:

-http://rapidshare.com/files/126886048/gtpodcast4revision.mp3.html

- INCORRECT VERSION http://rapidshare.com/files/126864707/gtpodcast4.mp3.html

Format:
37:38, 34.5 MB, (mp3)

BreakABone
07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
The topics we actually got to cover though included

-Quantum of Solace Trailer-
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Games with multiple endings (to some degree)
-Mafia in Space
-Predictions for e3

And I hope no one gets offended. Any and all comments were made in humor only. I hope....

Dyne
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I just added those. :lolz: We totally missed the other ones.

BreakABone
07-03-2008, 03:13 PM
And for those 2 people who downloaded it before hand.
There was a technical snaffle so this is the actual version.
The Raw file was added before.
I would download for the intro alone. :lolz:

Dyne
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
To those of you who are listening right now - I just changed the ending and I'm uploading a new version. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Fox 6
07-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I didnt think it was anything special. I think that i should get a mic and skype for the next one.

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I just listened to the raw one. That ending was....interesting.

Note: The language of Ethiopia is Amharic, which a lot of Rastafarians learn as their second language. Northern Ethiopia is home to a population of Jews. Hm, damn. And I thought I was so close to making Jewmaicans work.

Good show overall. Much better than last week's. Mr. Bone really holds it together.

Swan
07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Soy una cerda indeed

BlueFire
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DmgkehvP79Y

Dyne
07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't get it - what's the story behind that?

flunkie44
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Not a fan of all the superfluous editing anymore. Short 30-second transition music is fine, but I don't like music playing with people talking.

Horrible show, btw.

Dyne
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Not a fan of all the superfluous editing anymore. Short 30-second transition music is fine, but I don't like music playing with people talking.

Horrible show, btw.

What's with the hate all of a sudden?

flunkie44
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm just saying I don't like the editing, and I don't think the topics were very interesting.

Dyne
07-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Good thing you were there to talk about what you like then.

Oh wait.

BreakABone
07-03-2008, 08:13 PM
*Grabs popcorn*

Pretend I'm not even here.

flunkie44
07-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Good thing you were there to talk about what you like then.

Oh wait.

I'm sorry?

BlueFire
07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh shit, Dalton is back!

Teuthida
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I tried listening to the edited show after listening to the raw one. (I'm a masochist). I don't understand why there's music playing while everyone is talking. Diminishes the actually somewhat interesting parts. Much prefer them just talking. Perhaps music between segments but not over please.

GameMaster
07-03-2008, 10:50 PM
The Ketchup Song! I love it! (We had to listen to that song in Spanish in high school)

Dyne
07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm sorry?

It's just that you're being unnecessarily rude considering the circumstances of your absence. But I will take the musical editing suggestion into consideration.

Dyne
07-04-2008, 05:48 PM
I tried listening to the edited show after listening to the raw one. (I'm a masochist). I don't understand why there's music playing while everyone is talking. Diminishes the actually somewhat interesting parts. Much prefer them just talking. Perhaps music between segments but not over please.

Thanks for the constructive criticism - I tried to match the mood as best I could. And different songs have different levels - I set them all at -9 dBs, but some songs are louder than others. Which ones were specifically distracting? Too much jazz this time? I want to find a happy medium here. Last time worked out well, because the team fortress 2 theme ending definitely helped the flow of things. Should I use that riff again?

Anyways, I've listened to it multiple times for QA, and I can hear everyone all the time - I cut out some of Bluefire's stuff because you couldn't hear what he was saying. Other than that, all the voices are pretty distinct. Are you saying it's conflicting with the feel of each topic or your actual understanding of the speech?

The Ketchup Song! I love it! (We had to listen to that song in Spanish in high school)

Hahaha. :) Yeah, BaB wanted me to use the Mexican national anthem but The Ketchup Song is too catchy to pass up.

Bond
07-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I think what Teuthida is saying is that when people are conversing, the focus should be 100 percent on that conversation. If there is music playing in the background, it can become distracting. The opening and transition music is great, just like in talk radio, but when you start seriously conversing it's just speech.

Dyne
07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Alright! Yeah, it's good to get these kinds of decisions out of the way before we start to get a real audience. I'll keep experimenting with little things as we go.

Thanks for the feedback.

Teuthida
07-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Bond summed it up nicely.

There was a podcast called Mysterious Universe which had some really good voice to music transitions. The guy who ran it was really serious into editing and getting the perfect sounding show. Got himself a booth too so that his voice was as clear as possible. Was such a perfectionist that he eventually couldn't keep up with schedule (it was a paid show later on), stopped the show and took all the episodes off his site. I miss it. :(

One of the last eps:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://media.libsyn.com/media/mysteriousuniverse/Muniverse92.mp3

Used to be a lot heavier on the music but I can't find the older eps online.

Yoda9864
07-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Please no music during talking. If you insist, cut the volume of the music many many many levels. I stopped paying attention to anything anyone was saying while music was playing cuz I couldn't follow it.

I agree on the dragon endings. 100%. Even in Virtua Tennis, if you win Wimbeldon 5 times in a row you hop on a dragon and fly away. Perfect.

Nintendo will disappoint the hardcore gamers this E3. All we will get is maybe a bunch of "casual" games. Personally, I want to see another Nintendo themed DDR game. Really, I just want another DDR game for Wii.

BreakABone
07-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Please no music during talking. If you insist, cut the volume of the music many many many levels. I stopped paying attention to anything anyone was saying while music was playing cuz I couldn't follow it.

I agree on the dragon endings. 100%. Even in Virtua Tennis, if you win Wimbeldon 5 times in a row you hop on a dragon and fly away. Perfect.

Nintendo will disappoint the hardcore gamers this E3. All we will get is maybe a bunch of "casual" games. Personally, I want to see another Nintendo themed DDR game. Really, I just want another DDR game for Wii.

I thought DDR Hottest Party 2 was already announced for the Wii?

RagedHybrid
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I love the opening song with the mix in it lol.

But yeah i do agree with the music playing while people are talking as everyone has said.

Also this is a podcast about video games, but it's also lighthearted and fun. It shouldn't be all strict and dedicated to the talk to video games becuase gametavern is more than that. It's a place where we not only converse about video games, but life and the random things we find in it.

I feel that there are little tweaks that need to be made and maybe even an opening sequence that is pre-made announcing who will be in this current podcast to avoid the intros every episode but in general i feel we are heading in the right direction.

Yoda9864
07-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I thought DDR Hottest Party 2 was already announced for the Wii?
Oh fantastic! How did I miss that announcement?