PDA

View Full Version : Space Madness Round 2 - Crazy Talk

Dylflon
06-26-2008, 05:09 PM
To Bube this whole commotion seemed rather confusing. Perhaps it was all of the alcohol he had just consumed, but piecing together the events that took place after the door was locked was becoming tricky. A seemingly deranged man wielding a bloody length of pipe stood in front of the doorway and asked if the occupants of the room were crazy.

Are we crazy? What a question to ask. There was still a lot of commotion coming from outside the common room. Whatever caused the events outside to happen must not be as bad here. Bube remembered when the telesets stopped working. That weird transmission was playing over them. It made him feel uneasy. Thankfully that George Washington impersonator had decided to shut them off. The transmission was also playing over Bube’s portable computer. He had been surfing Spacebook and all of a sudden…Bube shut the lid of his computer and had not attempted to reopen it since. That’s when it all started.

Now the common room was closed off from the rest of the ship and these people were stuck together. After the initial shock, the room erupted with yelling and accusations. Mario Lover wanted to know why that man had locked everyone in this room. That man who was allegedly the captain of the ship and insisted it was for everyone’s protection. At that moment a hatch in the air ducts came crashing down to the floor and out jumped a man in an engineer’s uniform. His nametag read Swan. He surveyed the scene and then began to laugh maniacally.
Vampyr amusedly observed the commotion. Realizing how lucky he was to be in such a situation. He hadn’t had a chance to move his drugs but now with all the madness outside, it wasn’t going to matter. The only problem was that the STISO was in the room with him; but how could he check for drugs when they were all locked up here? And furthermore, in light of recent circumstances, how could it even matter? He surveyed the room to evaluate his allies. Flunkie was in the room. Vampyr had sold a fair amount of Dust to Flunkie earlier that GNODE and Flunkie would no doubt have his back provided he wasn’t too busy chasing imaginary butterflies. The commotion within the room had intensified. People were accusing Captain Germanator of being crazy for locking everyone in here. As far as Vampyr could deduce, it seemed like a fairly rational action. Though the Captain must have been hoping there wouldn’t be as many people in the room. The word crazy was being thrown around a lot. Someone accused The Professor of being crazy for not being outspoken. The Professor had been enjoying tea with the bathrobed man, George Washington, and that horrifying yet surprisingly civilized Xenomorph. The Professor slowly lowered his pinky and cautiously continued sipping his tea. Vampyr could feel the STISO’s eyes burning a hole right through him. He no doubt thought that Dust was the root of this problem…but why was he staring at Vampyr? Unless he knows. Vampyr knew that he had to shift the attention off of himself.
“The engineer is clearly insane!”, Vampyr announced.
“Did you not hear how he laughed? A clear sign of dementia.”
The rabble squabbled over that for a bit and Vampyr felt quite pleased with himself. Then someone spoke up.

“Hey! You know…you know what? No! No. Listen…”

It was one of those miserable proles having a little too much fun at the drinking table. Typhoid was his name. And he was hammered beyond recognition…that or crazy.

“Listen…who are YOU…to go accusing people of being crazy. You called someone crazy…and now…everyone thinks he’s crazy. But you know what!? I’m on to you. Why would…why would someone go so far to accuse someone of being crazy? Hmm? You know WHY!? It’s because HE’S CRAZY…and he doesn’t want anyone to know! So I submit to you that this fish man is in fact the one who is crazy.”

What madness was this? People in the room were actually NODDING in agreement. Those fools. Those ridiculous insolent fools. Vampyr looked over at the STISO who was still grinning his big stupid grin. Vampyr had to defend himself quickly. He had the right words prepared. He would explain himself and everyone would believe him. How could they not. Vampyr was a gifted strategist and orator. Then the STISO handed down that death sentence Vampyr was afraid would be coming.

“I searched the fish man’s cargo. He was transporting antiques…but inside these antiques are bags upon bags of Dust. He’s the one who’s caused all this. All of these people have taken Dust and are now killing each other.”

Every eye in the room turned to Vampyr. He looked around frantically for help. He looked to Flunkie, but there he was; pointing his finger and advancing upon him with the rest of them. As the rabid mob tore Vampyr apart, he spent his last mortal thoughts working out how he was going to talk and manipulate his way into heaven.

Captain Germanator surveyed the scene with horror. After tearing Vampyr apart, the mob continued arguing about who was crazy. The man sitting by himself with his book glanced up casually when the room quieted down and suggested that everyone was crazy. Germanator knew there were sleeping quarters attached to this part of the ship as well as Aladuf’s cell. He had taken care to lock this specific wing of ship off. There was food, drink, and beds here. And also, he would be able to talk to Aladuf and ask for his help. He knew Aladuf would have his back. Germanator made his way to the holding block to talk to his friend. Upon reaching it though he discovered Uber Paddler on the ground with a black eye and discovered that Aladuf’s cell was quite empty. Germanator helped Uber up and took him to a bed in the sleeping quarters. Afterwards he quickly made his way back to the cell to investigate. This was not a good day for the Captain but rather than feeling his generic blend of rage and apathy, Germanator felt a new feeling…a foreign feeling. He felt concerned for the safety of others. Immediately after that, he felt another new feeling; searing pain in the back of his head. He was too dazed to even begin considering where the blow came from or the direness of his situation. The last words he ever heard were whispered into his ear.

“You’re crazy and I’m not going to let you hurt anyone, you son of a bitch.”

Fyacin exited the common room unnoticed to find an unoccupied room in which to collect his thoughts. He knew it wasn’t the Dust that did this to everyone. It was that damned transmission. Fyacin held back tears as he considered the severity of his situation. It was his fault that this had happened and there was nothing he could do to fix it. He had tried to shut off the broadcast before but the transmission took over everything. He could do nothing besides shut off the monitor at the terminal he was using. He wiped the tears off of his face and got ready to rejoin the rest of his shipmates but someone at the door was waiting for him. Fyacin had just entered the common room recently and therefore did not know or recognize any of its occupants. The stranger announced his intentions.

“I know what you did. I know what you did and you’re going to pay for it”

The commotion in the common room had finally died down when Jeepnut made his entrance. He had seen the events that took place in the holding cell and knew that this was his time to capitalize. He had to get off this ship no matter what and with this in mind he made an announcement to the entire room.

“The Captain is dead. I found him murdered in the holding cell. He was killed with that bloody pipe he came in here with. There was a prisoner being held in there. He has escaped. We have to assume that he is dangerous and we must take every precaution necessary to stop him. Now, with the captain gone, I am in fact the highest ranking officer in this room, which means I am now the one in charge of the situation. It is my belief that this madness is a result of passengers and crew members of this ship abusing Dust. For that reason, there must be certain precautions taken to find out who is crazy and who is not.”

The room was silent and everyone was feeling uneasy, angry, frightened, confused, and a host of other emotions that were battling for control. Jeepnut looked grimly upon these people. These people he would now have to protect.

“Everyone get ready to take a pee test.”

-----

The Dead

Vampyr
The Germanator
Fyacin

Player List:

01. Aladuf
02. Yoda9864
03. Swan
04. Angrist
05. Dyne
06. Teuthida
07. Bube
08. GameMaster
09. jeepnut
10. uber_paddler
11. Typhoid
12. flunkie44
13. manasecret
14. thatmariolover
15. Combine 017
16. Professor S

This round will end tomorrow Friday June 27th at 10 am PST/ 1 pm Eastern

Also: This was my 4000th post. Everyone rejoice!

Dyne
06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Mmm, that tea was delicious. I think I'll have another cup.

Vampyr
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Extremely disappointing turn of events. Twice now I've been voted off early on.

I guess these are my last words:

I am writing this under an appreciable mental strain, since by tonight I shall be no more. Penniless, and at the end of my supply of the drug which alone makes life endurable, I can bear the torture no longer; and shall cast myself from this garret window into the squalid street below. The end is near. I hear a noise at the door, as of some immense slippery body lumbering against it. It shall not find me. God, that hand! The window! The window!

Combine 017
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
People are dead and all you can think about is tea!?... poor me a cup.

Fox 6
06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
*off topic

Adam post my spore creature!!!!!!!!!1

manasecret
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Wow. I am so lost.

jeepnut
06-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Mmm, that tea was delicious. I think I'll have another cup.

You better. Gotta fill that bladder.

Who's first to fill a cup?

EDIT: Sorry things didn't work out for you Vampyr, unless of course you were crazy. I guess we've had a vigilante kill? Unless of course the loonies get to kill two per round...

Swan
06-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Why was there no one else hiding in the vents with me!?

You are all nuts! The only solution we have is to be alone with ourselves. Then we can figure out who is crazy and who is not.

Whoever is alive after being alone for 24 hours is sane

manasecret
06-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a special ability, but for all I can tell it's useless. It gives me the power to know that everyone here is crazy. The only way for me to survive is alone. (I'm serious.) For some reason I'm not supposed to tell anyone, though.

I don't know what else to do, since it sure seems like the rest of this game will be a complete crapshoot unless I tell someone. Does this sound similar to anyone else's power or PM? Please PM me if this rings any bells with anyone.

Angrist
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
First of all: Nice narration. I love how you used stuff from thread.

So.... it's really confusing that we don't know if the dead were crazy or not.

And I'd almost swear that there are hints in the narration. But Dylflon says that it's all random...

Combine 017
06-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Awww, im not even in the narration. I better do something cool in the next one! Maybe a backflip, or a tactical roll...

Fyacin
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, so... sorry. Perhaps it was for the best; the only way I was getting out of here was by myself, and... I couldn't do that; couldn't... kill anyone.

Teuthida
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Awww, im not even in the narration. I better do something cool in the next one! Maybe a backflip, or a tactical roll...

Join us for tea and you're sure to be mentioned. There is nothing more entertaining than reading about folks sipping tea. Dylflon would be a fool not to include you then. A fool!

Perhaps this game all takes place within Dylflon's mind and we're merely different personae of his fractured mind. Individually sane, but completely dotty as a whole; that whole being none other than Dylflon...

Ok, no more tea.

Swan
06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
FOOLS!

The tea!

The tea is what will get you. They want you to drink the tea. The tea is the elixir of the deranged!

Angrist
06-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Perhaps this game all takes place within Dylflon's mind and we're merely different personae of his fractured mind. Individually sane, but completely dotty as a whole; that whole being Dylflon... Who said that Vampyr controlled us? It's Dylflon!!!

Edit: gz on the 4k!

manasecret
06-26-2008, 06:40 PM
So who killed the other two? I am so completely lost. I want to go back to Mount Vernon and sleep with Martha.

Dyne
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I want to go back to Mount Vernon and sleep with Martha.

:lolz:

flunkie44
06-26-2008, 06:56 PM
So who killed the other two? I am so completely lost. I want to go back to Mount Vernon and sleep with Martha.

:lolz: :lolz:

Excellent narration, by the way.

jeepnut
06-26-2008, 07:20 PM
FOOLS!

The tea!

The tea is what will get you. They want you to drink the tea. The tea is the elixir of the deranged!

Yeah, I'm going to have to have a sample of this "tea" for testing.

flunkie44
06-26-2008, 07:22 PM
!vote Dyne

He drank the tea. He must be crazy.

Dyne
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
!vote Dyne

He drank the tea. He must be crazy.

Crazy about tea, but that's par for the course for us Brits. :)

!vote flunkie44

Typhoid
06-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Off Topic: I love this style of narration, how it uses the general outcome of the talk in the threads, and thusly say the rest of Mafia/Lost games should hold this style of narration. It makes it awesome.

On topic: What is so wonderous about the tea? What's special about tea? Why tea? Why now?

uber_paddler
06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
So is the tea relevant?

Teuthida
06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Tea is always relevant.

Dyne
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
So is the tea relevant?

It's the only thing that progressed my character this round, so to me, yes.

uber_paddler
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Sounds good enough then.
*prepares some Earl Grey*

Though, going by your logic, since the only thing that's progressed my character is being a pussy, since I got knocked out like a little bitch, then does that mean that pussy is now an important plot device? Cause I could totally handle that.

Typhoid
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
It's the only thing that progressed my character this round, so to me, yes.

You have more than tea to offer, Phil.
Opinions, a voice.
Stand up, and let people hear you.
You have lips and lungs, cheeks and a tongue.
Use them!
Just dont scald yourself with the tea.

thatmariolover
06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
What... What if we're all crazy? And by killing people, we're giving into our crazed delusions? Maybe we should just all be nice...

I mean, I was told I wasn't crazy, but that there were people that were crazy. But that sounds crazy in and of itself!

Yoda9864
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I have a special ability, but for all I can tell it's useless. It gives me the power to know that everyone here is crazy. The only way for me to survive is alone. (I'm serious.) For some reason I'm not supposed to tell anyone, though.

I don't know what else to do, since it sure seems like the rest of this game will be a complete crapshoot unless I tell someone. Does this sound similar to anyone else's power or PM? Please PM me if this rings any bells with anyone.
[force rage]How come I don't get a special ability?! I didn't get one last game either!![/force rage]

Maybe none of us are crazy and we have a set number of people to kill before the game is done??

thatmariolover
06-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Maybe none of us are crazy and we have a set number of people to kill before the game is done??

Maybe that's the point. We have to define the line of crazy. Killing people off simply because I think they're crazy certainly sounds crazy to me.

Personally I think there must be a better way to solve this than killing each other! Why can't we all just get along!?

The Germanator
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Zombie Captain says: Ouch. Damn you, whoever and however I died. I don't get it, but I'm dead. The ship will crash. Nobody else can pilot this vessel. You're all doomed. See you in hell. It's not so nice.

manasecret
06-26-2008, 11:51 PM
If Vampyr got voted off, how did Fyacin and Germy die?

Yoda9864
06-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't like playing without rules :(. Confuses me, it does. Too random, it seems.

But seriously, it will probably be fun at endgame to see what all happened and who all did what. Call me crazy, but I feel like I'm playing without a purpose.

Wait, don't call me crazy!!! I didn't mean anything by that!:D

jeepnut
06-27-2008, 12:45 AM

I'm going to assume one was killed by the crazies and one was killed by the vigilante. Not sure though.

Combine 017
06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Hmmm, ive flown Hunter Chopper's before. Its not the same as a space cruiser but ive got the basic knowledge. I might be able to perform an emergency landing once this situation has calmed down a bit, assuming there is somewhere "safe" to land. Anyone want to help hatch a plan to get to the bridge?

Swan
06-27-2008, 01:12 AM
What if there is no crazy people yet?

What if as the game goes on and through our actions that determines the crazies

Aladuf
06-27-2008, 01:50 AM

That would be fucking cool.

Swan
06-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Yes it would be.

And as you can see I got the sig back

Aladuf
06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Yes, I was noticing that. Keep it there until birdy comments....he will do something "to" that sig.

Combine 017
06-27-2008, 01:55 AM

I kind of think the same, except worded less stupidly.

Swan
06-27-2008, 01:56 AM
I kind of think the same, except worded less stupidly.

Then word it better Ein-fucking-stein.

!Vote Manasecret

Combine 017
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
My theory is that no one is crazy, but we're all going crazy thinking everyone else is crazy. What a twist! (id say that was worded less stupidly, or at least it doesn't have any grammatical errors)

Combine 017
06-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Im not crazy about tea, I have no designated tea time, but it is damn delicious! I think the tea is the only thing keeping people sane here and all you tea haters are the crazies. Its the only logical explanation. !vote Swan

Tally:
Dyne - 1
Flunkie - 1
Manase... George Washington - 1
Swan - 1

Wow! A whole 4 votes!

Dylflon
06-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Aw man...where's the voting at?

Teuthida
06-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Can we not all live peacefully together? There is plenty of tea to go around.

Angrist
06-27-2008, 03:01 AM
Also, why didn't the Professor get killed? And where is he now?

Combine 017
06-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Also, why didn't the Professor get killed? And where is he now?

They were tied in votes. In the event of a tie it is decided who lives and who dies by the flip of a coin, not to kill both of them. The Prof just got lucky. As for where he is, I have no idea.

flunkie44
06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
!retract Dyne

Deciding a life by a silly drink would be crazy.

Edit: We need more VOTING!

Professor S
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
I haven;t been around because I injured my back last Saturday and have been on muscle relaxants and vocodin all week.

And you know what? I must be insane because I have no clue what is going on in this game right now.

!vote Professor S

Yoda9864
06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
I haven;t been around because I injured my back last Saturday and have been on muscle relaxants and vocodin all week.

And you know what? I must be insane because I have no clue what is going on in this game right now.

!vote Professor S
Don't try your reverse psychology on us. Thinking that voting for yourself will prevent other people from voting for you.

!vote Professor S

Angrist
06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
I voted Flunkie for a while in last round, and I will do so again. I still think he's acting weird and it's the only thing I think I know right now.

I !Vote Flunkie44

Bube
06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Hmm.. What manasecret said is pretty interesting.. I couldn't read every post - i'm at concert,and currently posting this from my cell phone. I might get another chance to visit again,but i !vote manasecret. That seems to be a dangerous power.

Professor S
06-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Don't try your reverse psychology on us. Thinking that voting for yourself will prevent other people from voting for you.

!vote Professor S

No, serously, I have no clue what is going on right now. But please vote for me, as I really don't have the time or inclination to see this through, especially nursing a bad back.

manasecret
06-27-2008, 10:07 AM
The other part of my PM said I shouldn't tell anyone my power, people may not take a liking to it. Now that I've told people, I'm getting voted for. Interesting, and not good.

I guess !vote Flunkie is as good as any other.

Vampyr
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
No, serously, I have no clue what is going on right now. But please vote for me, as I really don't have the time or inclination to see this through, especially nursing a bad back.

I should be allowed to come back then. >_>

Aladuf
06-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Mercy kill for Prof S

!vote Professor S

jeepnut
06-27-2008, 10:40 AM

I don't like voting for someone who just wants out of the game. Seems like a waste of a vote, but I don't really know who else to vote for right now. Do we have anyone on reserve that can take the professor's spot? How about BaBs?

At least for now:

!vote Professor S

manasecret
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
If he doesn't care, then he's probably not a Crazy. So I wouldn't vote for him.

Though I wonder more and more whether any of us know if we're crazy. On the other hand, two other people got killed besides the vote, so there must be some kind of coalition of Crazies that know who they are.

Teuthida
06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
!vote Professor S

Feel better.

Dylflon
06-27-2008, 01:05 PM
I was going to extend this round an extra day because nobody was voting but now you've gone this mercy kill route.

Well I have to extend it anyways. Extra day for madness speculation, chaps!

jeepnut
06-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I was going to extend this round an extra day because nobody was voting but now you've gone this mercy kill route.

Well I have to extend it anyways. Extra day for madness speculation, chaps!

!Clarification Can we get BaBs to take the Prof's spot to avoid the mercy kill?

Vampyr
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
!Clarification Can we get BaBs to take the Prof's spot to avoid the mercy kill?

If it's going to be extended an extra day anyways, can't the coin toss just be reversed? :nod:

Dyne
06-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't agree with the ProfS vote, but why aren't we ending now?

Oh well. Who's up for another round of tea?

flunkie44
06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
How could someone think I'm crazy? Did you not see all the mindless chatter going on in the first thread? There's people that seem way crazier than I ever came off as.

flunkie44
06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Vote tally so far:

Professor S - 5
Flunkie44 - 3
Manasecret - 1
Swan - 1

Angrist
06-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Here's a thought: Dylflon wants us to be very suspicous of eachother, to go all crazy. This round wasn't interesting enough, so he's extending it.

I say we try to ruin his game. Defeat the game master. That would be ultimate. :D

How about just voting based on activity in the first thread? Or something else as random like that.

jeepnut
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Here's a thought: Dylflon wants us to be very suspicous of eachother, to go all crazy. This round wasn't interesting enough, so he's extending it.

I say we try to ruin his game. Defeat the game master. That would be ultimate. :D

How about just voting based on activity in the first thread? Or something else as random like that.

I don't like your tune mister. Random votes are the realm of the crazies!

GameMaster
06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
!vote Professor S

thatmariolover
06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Very well, if it must be a death, then it must be a death.

!vote Professor S

uber_paddler
06-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Then word it better Ein-fucking-stein.

!Vote Manasecret

I hope you don't expect me to ever read anything you say if you've got a signature like that.:drool:

Typhoid
06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I shall fly with the flock.

!Vote Professer S

Swan
06-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Who has not been voted at yet....

Ponder

flunkie44
06-28-2008, 04:30 AM
!vote Prof. S If he wants out, might as well.

Bube
06-28-2008, 05:52 AM
I don't know why Prof S wants out, but since it's almost certain that he's going to be voted out, I might as well vote for him as well..
!retract manasecret
!vote Prof S

jeepnut
06-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, this round is a change from the last round. People are refusing to talk it seems.