PDA

View Full Version : Your backstory

Dylflon
06-22-2008, 06:28 PM
For true narrative flavor, I ask if all of you would come up with a backstory for your in-game persona.

You're all traveling on an inter-stellar space transport ship.

Do you work on this ship, are you on there for other reasons? What's your profession and your story?

Post a quick writeup in this thread, and I'll try to incorporate what I can into the narrations. Try to keep it from being TOO silly.

Combine 017
06-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Combine Soldier, unit 017, City 17. Failure to capture Anticitizen One resulted in permanent off-world assignment. Reassignment... unknown.

Typhoid
06-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Just tagged along with a friend.
Didn't really know the purpose of what he was agreeing to in the first place.
Seems to have an affinity to striped shirts and soda crackers.
Is seemingly good at fixing things that don't need to be fixed.

PS. Dylan, did your mom make any comment about my birthday "card" to her?

Aladuf
06-22-2008, 10:41 PM
*cracks knuckles*

Alright, here goes...

I'm a former imprisoned soldier for the Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG) on the quickly diminishing planet of Sera. My name is Marcus and I'm totally your "generic badass" guy. Oh and also, I have a chainsawing fetish. :)

Yoda9864
06-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Twenty years ago, the remnants of the Empire began a top secret cloning experiment trying replace their fallen Emperor. After many failed attempts cloning the Emperor, they turned to other force sensitive beings.

During the rampage of an insane Darth Maul clone, the clone designated Yoda9864 staged a daring escape from his ysalamiri prison. The incomplete structuring of his cloned memories has caused him to aimlessly wonder the galaxy searching for a ray of hope...

jeepnut
06-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Stardate 6071...Oh wait. Sorry.

I work for the transport company that owns the ship, OOPS (Other-worldly Overnight Parcel Service). I am employed as a safety professional and I am on the ship to investigate an injury to one of the ship's employees, an anti-grav lift truck driver. This is the third accident in three GNOMEs (Galactic NOrmal Month Equivalents). I suspect that this is drug related as the driver has been known to associate closely with other employees who have been let go for drug abuse. Knowing this, I made sure to bring along my drug testing kit. Anybody want to take a piss test?

GameMaster
06-23-2008, 01:21 AM
In the morning, I got up at 12:02 and got dressed in my space nuclear socks and space intergalactic hat. There is no gravity in space, so I floated into the kitchen to eat my breakfast of dried chips, smoothie in a tube, and smashed up a bowl of cereal in a plastic space container. Then, instead of taking the bus to school, I hopped into a time machine and orbited Earth 8 times.

In the time machine, I do mysterious science experiments such as determining how good a dolphin is at flying in space. When the experiments are done, I go outside the time machine for some exercise in space. I do jumping-jacks outside the time machine for an hour or more. When I'm done exercising, I go back to the International Space Station for other activities such as combating, analyzing, and manipulating.

I end the day by sending a robot to my parents via the space computer, and they tell me goodnight from Earth, down below.

flunkie44
06-23-2008, 02:01 AM
I stumbled upon the ship while chasing a butterfly.

Dyne
06-23-2008, 03:50 AM
I was just sitting down for a nice cup of tea and my friend Ford came out of nowhere and said the world was going to end. The world did get blown up, and now here I am aboard this ship with nothing more than a housecoat and a towel and a looney friend who has a funny-looking electronic device.

BreakABone
06-23-2008, 06:29 AM
If I haven't been replaced yet (as requested)

I am an Android aboard the vessel. I make sure everything is run smoothly and correctly.

I can interface with the ship and control its guidance system.

Bube
06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm going to a party to see my 6th-grade friends I found years later on Spacebook. In the hopes of hooking up with the cute girl I had a crush on..

Vampyr
06-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm an amphibious humanoid from the Ocean-planet KY-1999. I work as a merchant, and am on the ship transporting my wares: antiques. The antiques actually contain several hundred pounds of Dust, an illegal psychoactive stimulant mined from the third moon of KY-1999.

Teuthida
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
I am an intelligent and smartly dressed Xenomorph who hatched from a time traveling dimension hopper in steampunk influenced Victorian era England, and rose to high social standing after overcoming a shameful lowly past. I am aboard this ship for a bit of a holiday, as well as in hope of finding out something about my origins.

thatmariolover
06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm a member of the Unified Free Traders (organized space piracy) on my way to pick up my ship, laden with illegal weaponry that I plan to sell in less fortunate areas of the galaxy.

manasecret
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
My name is George Washington. I was the first President of the United States of America, which I feel obligated to explain even though I am told it is now common knowledge. At the end of my second and final term as president, a strangely dressed fellow by the name of Mr. Gabriel Jefferson visited me in my chamber at Mt. Vernon. I asked how he got in but he stopped me short, and said,

"I am the last of the kin of the Jefferson family. The family of the man, your friend, your compatriot -- Thomas Jefferson." I was surprised, because I knew this not to be true. I just saw Mr. Jefferson and his family yesterday! How could this strange man be the last of his kin?

Just as I was about to protest, Gabriel said, "I come from several hundred years in the future. Earth is in desperate peril, the United Emirates of Mars are mobilizing to attack." Future? Earth in peril? Mars? This was obviously a joke on the newly retired president, a part of the Constitution I don't remember. But he rushed on.

"We are in desperate need of your expertise both in warfare and diplomacy and areas I can't yet explain to you. You must come with me now!"

I tried to pull away, but he had hidden strength within him, and he easily pulled me through his shimmery device, like sunlight in the evening through a window shining on the very air itself. I was on the other side of the device, no longer in my restful Mt. Vernon chamber. I was lost.

Gabriel appeared and quickly boarded me onto some rather large ship, but made of metal. He said to stay put and he would be right back. A few people seem to recognize me and show great interest in me, others show disinterest.

But a few, the ones that worry me, are the ones who give me vicious stares when no one is looking...

Fyacin
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
(I'm more then willing to play if break a bone's offer still stands)
Mercenary computer hackers have very little to do in the far reaches of space, especially when there has been little traffic recently. When said mercenary computer hackers get bored, they more often then not cause trouble. This particular computer hacker was quite adept at hacking a ship's security systems, seeing as he had lots of practice disabling ships for the mercenaries (A.K.A Pirates) he worked for, so when he saw a transporter vessel coming through, he accessed their systems, and quickly noticed the poor, defenseless, android connected to the navigation systems. He casually decided he might as well hack it, thus giving him a way to moniter the transport ship, and alleviate the dreary months between raids.

flunkie44
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm going to a party to see my 6th-grade friends I found years later on Spacebook. In the hopes of hooking up with the cute girl I had a crush on..

SPACEBOOK! :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Angrist
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Even though he didn't use to be like this, Canyarion is a bit of a loner. He makes his words count, which is a much nicer way of stating that he doesn't say much. The 34 year old European studied biology on Earth and he has always been interested in extraterrestrial ecologies.

But that is not the actual reason he tagged along on this trip. That decision came after he lost most of his life. Abandoned by his wife, disappointed by his friends and without a job, he had no bonds on Earth.

He realizes all too well that his past has scarred him, but he tries hard to keep his faith in life. Now he just hopes to make himself useful elsewhere. Far away from his past, flying through the black abyss that is space.

Little does he know that, because time and space are both elements on the same continuum, travelling this far will only get him closer to his past...

(Or: The further he moves from his former life, the more he feels something is incredibly wrong with this ship...)

Professor S
06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Professor S is a 34th generation "merchant" with little taste for business. In families of that age and significance mercantile is a title, not a profession, and born independently wealthy he spends most of his days studying in his library or at the Union League debating revisionist histories with his fellowed scholars (he grants the fellowships simply to have someone to debate), annoying the other aristocrats in the League to no end.

In one such heated exchange Lord Teightbuttum of New Exeter wagered that the Professor, learned but inexperienced in the real world, could not withstand the rigors of trans-system space travel for more than 60 days. Prideful and confident that his intellect would allow him to prevail through any trial, the Professor accepted the challenge and wager... of one dollar.

The Germanator
06-23-2008, 06:50 PM
The Germanator is the captain of the ship and he doesn't take shit from anybody.

That's all...I'm not feeling very literary today.

Fyacin
06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Yikes, my hacker better watch out from the Germanator then :P

Fox 6
06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
:lolz: At Teuthidas.

Aladuf
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
So I guess this isn't starting today?

jeepnut
06-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Guess not Marcus.

Dylflon
06-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry friends. I'm writing the narration right now.