PDA

View Full Version : WWF WrestleMania

BreakABone
01-22-2002, 11:01 PM
Well just saving time for Thursday..Well it looks like it won't be long until we get our first look at the WWF game for GameCube...

http://cube.ign.com/news/41126.html

Null
01-23-2002, 06:15 PM
They better not screw this up like they have most the others....

IF this one turns out to suck also. then the best wrestling games seemed to have died with THQ{AKI} on N64

:(

Perfect Stu
01-23-2002, 07:24 PM
I really wanna see what it looks like...

:)

Bond
01-23-2002, 07:33 PM
I never get my hopes up too high about wrestling games anymore, reason being they are always nothing what they seem to be. Hopefully WrestleMania for GC could change that trend, but I doubt it.

gekko
01-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Why does IGN post news about future news? What's next, a news story saying they'll have E3 news come May?

Gamer
01-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Theres no like screenshots or anything is there?

Snake
01-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by gamer

Not till tomorrow.

Null
01-23-2002, 09:03 PM
The THQ wrestling games were always what they seemed to be on N64. and even more fun on multiplayer.

they said screens thursday i think.

Joeiss
01-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Wow... This is probably the only game that I think will be half-decent for GCN in the first quarter of 2002.. Or whenever it comes out. I too hope that THQ does not mess it up. They just have to remember to not do anything like Acclaim, because all of their wrestling games suck majorly.

Null
01-23-2002, 11:24 PM
IGN says they'll update at midnight for insiders and show pictures.

Any insider going to post some pics for us? :p or send them to someone who can put them up. etc.

BreakABone
01-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Null
IGN says they'll update at midnight for insiders and show pictures.

Any insider going to post some pics for us? :p or send them to someone who can put them up. etc.
Ofcourse I will but for a small fee.. I mean how fair would it be?:D

Null
01-23-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone

Ofcourse I will but for a small fee.. I mean how fair would it be?:D

*shrugs*

someone else will. lol

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 03:33 AM
OMG...Hell in a Cell.it looks so damn good..OMG.. real hell in the cell.. huge cage.. Taker about to perform last Ride off the Top...

WWF..WCW>..ECW wrestlers in the game..OMG

Referee on screen...
STUNNEr by Austin to the Rock.. Raw stage looks nice...Character model looks nice..uses a grappl;ing system.. only 50% done..will get better

Superplex by the Rock to Austin.. on thew new SmackDown stage..OMG>..great fist stage..the titan Trons show the action

Rock Bottom..Rock got some elevation but they need to work on that..looks fake

BramaBull making his entrance..Titan Tron..Animated....

Pedigree to Taker at Royal Rumble stage..Royal Rumble for 2001

Taker got his new cut and the old school work on the ropes...

Here comes Angle..more entrance..another TitanTron.. the TitanTron stays on the screen also...

Beautiful shot of the arena..Before Angle comes out.. his TT was starting up..Cool

Tag Team Action at SummerSlam..Rock..Jerucho..Taker.. and the Game.. Can't see who is on teams and the ref looks a little confused at i also

Lou Thesz Press by the Rattle Snake

One hand ChokeSlam by Taker to Angle on the SummerSlam stage.. Angle looks hurt

Angle Slam in the cage ..the Cell to Taker.. Austin stomping a mudhole in the Game in the corner....

The game is due out in the summer..Post pics if anyone could help me upload... looks sweet..sounds good

Booker T...RVD...Hurricane... in the Game

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 03:51 AM
Let me seee if this will work...

o yea the name of the game is WrestleMania X-8
Due out this summer...
Has a create a wrestler mode

Null
01-24-2002, 10:46 AM
got any close up pictures?

:D

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Null
got any close up pictures?

:D
Why you little free loading bum....

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Wow. This game looks spectacular. Graphics look sweet, and from the pictures I have seen, everybody looks so realistic.

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 11:11 AM
It doesn't look as good as Raw for XBox...

Look Here (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/mediaPage.jsp?object_id=15814&media_type=P&ign_section=27&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxboxviewer%26adchannel%3Dxbox%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=WWF+Raw+preview+on+xbox.ign.com)

(only insiders get the good pics)

Hopfully Wrestlemainia is being released some time in Fall... because if it's in march, those are near complete screen shots... and that's pretty damn ugly.

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

Look Here (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/mediaPage.jsp?object_id=15814&media_type=P&ign_section=27&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxboxviewer%26adchannel%3Dxbox%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=WWF+Raw+preview+on+xbox.ign.com)

Hopfully Wrestlemainia is being released some time in Fall... because if it's in march, those are near complete screen shots... and that's pretty damn ugly.

I guess the game paid no attention to my rambling or he would have known the game is only 50% complete and is due out in the summer.. if you want a fiar comparison go into the Fight Club.. pics from both games at 50%

Gamer
01-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Hmm, i wish i were an insider, then i woiuld be able to go and see all the new stuff. How much is insider anyways?

Snake
01-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Hmm, i wish i were an insider, then i woiuld be able to go and see all the new stuff. How much is insider anyways?

Errr.. like 5 bucks a month? But that's America, btw..

Luckily, I'm an insider :D

Blix
01-24-2002, 04:42 PM

Maybe it is cause it's only 50% complete. What? 50% complete.

Null
01-24-2002, 05:17 PM

And personally i hope it DOESNT look as good as the xbox game.

Have you ever noticed the more graphically good looking a Wrestling game gets. The stiffer the characters are. the less fun the game becomes.

I'm not saying it cant be done to have a great looking wresling game and have it be good too.

But so far... N64 for example. All the THQ made ones looked like ****. Yet were fun as hell.

Acclaim made some like War Zone. it looked much better. But played like ****.

All the PSX wrestling games looked better. but i didnt find them to be as fun.

The PS2 one looks great. but sucks. dunno bout the xbox one yet.

But from what i can see in thoes screens displayed so far. it looks like thoes character models could be used as the old THQ ones were in N64.

if any of that made sense. Anyway. being not finished im sure the multi textures havnt been added yet, thats usually what makes a game look great. .. the textures.

But i hope they dont try and go overboard on the Graphics of it. theres so much more important. I'd sacrifice realitic looking graphics for more flexable character models any day.

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Well since I love each and every one of you...

*Points at someone*...

Yes even you.. You are ugly.. but I till love you

*Points at someone else*

Argh you are fat..but you are till loved....

Here is another pic