PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever found money....just sitting there?

Fox 6
06-14-2008, 04:24 PM
I was on my way home from work today and I was pleased to find $20 on the sidewalk. SCORE. Which begs the question have you ever found money?

On a related note I have held $2475 in my hands. God it was beautiful. Too bad I spent it all on the same thing.............

Angrist
06-14-2008, 04:47 PM
My brother and father once found f35,- (€15) in a ditch.

Bube
06-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I was on my way home from work today and I was pleased to find $20 on the sidewalk. SCORE. Which begs the question have you ever found money?

On a related note I have held $2475 in my hands. God it was beautiful. Too bad I spent it all on the same thing.............
What did you spend that much money on?

I once found 20TL on the ground (roughly 20$) and I gave it to my mother (I was 8 years old, I didn't know what money was! :p), who was sitting with family friends. The friends told me to give it to the hotel manager, so whoever lost it could get it back. Stupidest thing I'd done, giving it to my mom.

Vampyr
06-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I found $30 on the sidewalk once. It was pretty awesome. I used it to buy my girlfriend an even better Valentines Day present.

Jonbo298
06-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I held a $10,000 check once. Dad got it for his Grandpa (My great grandpa) who was in assisted living. Biggest check I've held so far. Not alot compared to what others have held but eh :p

I think the most I've found too is $20. Been awhile though.

GameMaster
06-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I used to find money lying on the floor or in seats all the time when I worked at a movie theatre.

In the beginning, I always gave it to one of the assistant managers because I was told they held onto it until someone called saying they lost their money. And then if no one claimed it they put in this donation boxes where the tickets were sold. Cause when people bought tickets you always has to ask if they wanted to make a donation to (blank) organization.

The sad truth is though, they just pocketed it as soon as it was turned over to them.

One time though, I picked up $180 folded up in one the seats. Next day I bought two new pairs of shoes and two hoodies.

But usually I just found $5, $10, or $20's. And I would use it to buy dinner on my break. Or use it for gas money.

Angrist
06-14-2008, 06:08 PM
$180 and you kept it without question??? :unsure:

Fox 6
06-14-2008, 06:23 PM
What did you spend that much money on?

Tuition, half of it anyways. But yeah 24 $100 dollar bills. :(

The Germanator
06-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I usually just find change, but I've found few dollar bills and fives over the years. Nothing too crazy though.

Aladuf
06-14-2008, 07:06 PM
TBH, I used to find money a lot. My dad always noticed that and would just chuckle when I found some. My greatest find was $100 in the parking lot once... If only I found money as much these days so I could buy more games! :D

Renwood
06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
No never. Fuck you all with your quick reflexes and bird-like eyes.

DeathsHand
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I saved up like $1,000 to put towards a computer 4 or 5 years ago, before I got a checking account. I used to slap my friends with it when they came over.

But alas, I have not simply found any money...

Typhoid
06-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I've found a 50 once in a ditch behind a convenience store, and a few 20's here and there.

Vampyr
06-15-2008, 12:14 AM
$180 and you kept it without question??? :unsure:

If it's just rolled up money with no wallet or ID connecting it to anyone, it's impossible to find the original owner, especially if the managers are just keeping turn ins anyway.

Teuthida
06-15-2008, 01:39 AM
I find money in people's wallets all the time.

Angrist
06-15-2008, 04:11 AM
If it's just rolled up money with no wallet or ID connecting it to anyone, it's impossible to find the original owner, especially if the managers are just keeping turn ins anyway.Yeah but you can be sure that the owner will call up the cinema and ask if they found his money.

And cool, you called your cat Midna? :D

GameMaster
06-15-2008, 04:44 AM
If someone called and asked about the money, the management would've asked us if we had found any. They never asked. If they did, I would've returned it.

But like I said, if I had just turned it in if no one had asked about it, one of the managers would've taken it.

At that point, I don't really feel bad about taking it. I suppose I could've donated it to a charity or given it to a credible homeless person who wouldn't spend it on alcohol or drugs.

But I was young and naive. And buying things makes me feel better about myself.

Vampyr
06-15-2008, 07:20 AM
And cool, you called your cat Midna? :D

Yeah, and we just got her this past Friday, she's 10 weeks old. :D

It was actually my girlfriend's idea to name her Midna. She's been wanting a kitten named that ever since she played Twilight Princess a few months ago.

And she kind of acts like Midna anyway, so it suits her.

Yoda9864
06-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I found a folded up business check lying in the mud for $26,000 once. I almost didn't pick it up because it looked like just a piece of trash. For some reason though I picked it up and almost pissed my pants when I saw what it was. I called up the guy on the check and he when he came to pick it up, he was on the verge of being hysterical because it had been lost for almost a day. He was so thankful that I had returned it to him. Right then and there he pulled out his wallet and gave me 5 hundred dollar bills. I totally didn't want to take it, but he pretty much forced me to.

So yeah, that was a great surprise. Went and bought some new running shoes and the rest went into my new computer fund.

Swan
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Most I have ever found was like 10 or 20.

A friend of mine at work once found 1800(or something like that) in a jacket.

Angrist
06-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I found a folded up business check lying in the mud for $26,000 once. I almost didn't pick it up because it looked like just a piece of trash. For some reason though I picked it up and almost pissed my pants when I saw what it was. I called up the guy on the check and he when he came to pick it up, he was on the verge of being hysterical because it had been lost for almost a day. He was so thankful that I had returned it to him. Right then and there he pulled out his wallet and gave me 5 hundred dollar bills. I totally didn't want to take it, but he pretty much forced me to.

So yeah, that was a great surprise. Went and bought some new running shoes and the rest went into my new computer fund.That's just awesome.

Jason1
06-15-2008, 06:40 PM
A few weeks ago I was playing Disc Golf in a nearby town called Eureka, and I was walking from one hole to another, and I happened to glance down, and lying there in the grass in the middle of a field was a 20 dollar bill.

KillerGremlin
06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I've found several singles, 5s, and a couple of 10s and 20s. Apparently, of all my friends, I have a knack for finding money on the ground. I take it. Never without a doubt.

If I found like 20,000 in a bag or something....I would probably turn it in to the police. I wouldn't want to end up in someone's truck or 6 feet under in the middle of the forest.

Fyacin
06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
I found a dollar in wal-mart once. It was kind of exciting.

...I'll probably end up on some hidden camera special about how greedy people are, but oh well...