PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil release dates?

Angrist
05-09-2002, 09:18 AM
As you may know, Resident Evil will launch in Europe in September. But the stupid thing is, RE0 will already be released in Japan by that time! Isn't that stupid?
I think they should release RE1 ASAP in Europe, so people won't say 'I'll wait for that newer RE game, it looks cooler!' or something.

Oh yeah, I read this info on Cube Europe.

And the release date of RE0 in Japan is August 28, 2002. :D

Notorious_1
05-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Speaking of RE0, did you know it is going to span three disks?

Here's the link RE0 (http://www.shiggy.net/news.cfm?action=item&id=2979)

This game is going to be big!!:roll:

Shadow_Link
05-09-2002, 11:02 AM
Angrist, I heard that they are planning to release RE1 in August for Europe, though I don't believe it :D.

Angrist
05-09-2002, 12:03 PM
They first said it would be released shortly after launch... :(

DeathsHand
05-09-2002, 02:31 PM
3 discs? C'mon, it's an RE game, it can't be THAT big... ;)

I remember people heard RE would be 2 discs and they were like "wow!" but you can still beat it pretty quick and the second disc only has like the last 20-30 minutes of the game on it :p

Notorious_1
05-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Sure, it won't be that long after you've beaten it for the 10th time;)

But honestly, playing any RE game the first time through usually takes over 10 hours to anywhere up to 20 hours. Maybe RE0 just has a lot of cut scenes or something. But if the past is any indication (approx. 1 hour per disk), then RE0 should be about 30 hours long:)

Gimmie:burger:

DeathsHand
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Notorious_1
Sure, it won't be that long after you've beaten it for the 10th time;)

But honestly, playing any RE game the first time through usually takes over 10 hours to anywhere up to 20 hours. Maybe RE0 just has a lot of cut scenes or something. But if the past is any indication (approx. 1 hour per disk), then RE0 should be about 30 hours long:)

Gimmie:burger:

Yeah I know... the RE remake took me just under 11 hours to beat the first time... but yesterday I beat it with Jill in 3 hours 23 minutes... and then earlier today (at 2:30... AM) with chris in around 3 hours and 40 minutes...

"then RE0 should be about 30 hours long"

lol that's a good one... an RE game 30 hours hahahahahaha *snickers* ooo that's good... ;)

RE:CV was 2 discs... it took like 15 hours for me to beat... and RE1 was 2 discs and it took me 11 hours to beat...

I say RE0 will be 20 hours tops... maybe less ;) But that's just me...

Notorious_1
05-09-2002, 03:16 PM
It all depends on your skill level. I haven't beaten the GC remake yet (too much homework), but RE2 for N64 took me 2 hrs and 32 mins to beat with Leon the second time through. I was bored one day so I sat down and played the entire game through in one sitting. I hope RE0 is at least 20 hours long....but I also hope it's not because of all the backtracking.

Mushlafa
05-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
As you may know, Resident Evil will launch in Europe in September. But the stupid thing is, RE0 will already be released in Japan by that time! Isn't that stupid?
I think they should release RE1 ASAP in Europe, so people won't say 'I'll wait for that newer RE game, it looks cooler!' or something.

Oh yeah, I read this info on Cube Europe.

And the release date of RE0 in Japan is August 28, 2002. :D

K I didnt read any of the other posts in this topic so..... if someone already said this il delete the post.

The euro cube can play US games cant it? So if you want it so bad why dont you just import the game from like the US or Canada?

Shadow_Link
05-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Mmmmm, Mushlafa, where did you hear that PAL GC's can play US games? You must be mixed up with that Action Replay announcement. It will be released some time in the summer, and will allow the PAL GC to play JAP and US games.

Gamer
05-09-2002, 05:21 PM
mmm, three disks you coulf fit alot uh shaight on there :D Me want:drool: