PDA

View Full Version : GameMaster

Bond
06-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Is there a way you could cut off all the time before we start seriously recording and all the time after the GTA IV conversation or so? That should downsize the file to somewhere around 100MB so that you could post it on rapidshare or the like.

GameMaster
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
As we speak, I'm sending the file to Bond via AIM.

Anyway, the reason this has taken so damn long is because its not uploading to any of my file hosting sites.

And they all allow up to at least 1G per uploaded file so size wasn't the issue...

So that was really annoying. In the future I'll splice it into a few files to cut the size down and hopefully that'll remedy the problem. Or I'll put it up on BitTorrent.

Converting to MP4 format seems to greatly reduce the size but I don't know how many people here have browsers/players that support that.

Anyway... I'm going to try uploading the spliced files as soon as the big one I'm sending to Bond is complete. So hopefully everyone here on our team can enjoy the raw, unedited file.

Oh also, I found this little jingle in the GarageBand folder. It has kind of a newscast sound to it but it might be fun to tack that onto the beginning. Give it that authentic and professional feel. ;) Maybe with Bond doing a little voice-over.

http://home.comcast.net/~synthoid/news_jingle.mp3

Bond
06-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, maybe I could even edit it down taking out the Mario Kart and pre-start stuff so that the file is a lot smaller, but still the raw audio.

Bond
06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
GM, have you tried to import this file into Garageband? For some reason it's not working for me.

Bond
06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Just as an update, I figured out how to import the file into Garageband.

I'm going to see if I can simply edit the file down so everyone can listen to it while Dyne edits it.