PDA

View Full Version : Angrist's blog: june 10 - Lack of good games

Angrist
06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
So I started Half-Life 2 Episode 1 today. I had beaten HL2 some weeks ago and now that I had some free time on my hands again, I figured it was time to continue the story.

Terrible. I really hated the last level of HL2 (the game stole my guns and ammo!! :mad:). Guess what. The last level of HL2 is the first of HL2E1. :(
I played it for 20 minutes, got bored with the 100% linear gameplay and left the Half-Life world again.

A game that I really loved was Team Fortress 2. I played as a sniper a lot and I usually got very good rates, 2:1 - 4:1. But I started loving it too much. I was getting so fanetic. I also related it to real life. I dreamed about being a sniper and shooting enemy snipers. When I closed my eyes, I saw heads that needed a bullet. I scared myself, so I uninstalled it. Haven't touched it since. :)

Lost Winds is a nice little game, but I'm stuck. I have 2 places I can go, but I can't find them. No detailed hints, no map, nothing. Sure, there's gamefaqs, but I hate using that. I guess I'll try again in a few days.

What's wrong with me? Why don't I enjoy Episode 1? Why did I barely enjoy HL2? Why don't I just finish Lost Winds???