PDA

View Full Version : Mafianic 815 Round 1 - Lost on an island

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Document SL-23R
Whidmore Laboratories

The following journal was retrieved at incident site DA16. Some elements have been edited by the retrieval division.

-----

Dear diary, my family just got to Sydney and im SO EXCITED!!!! Dad has to do a lot of business stuff but I think im going to get to see a kangaroo and stuff so I don’t really mind. We had to wait at the baggage checkout FOREVER! I was soooo bored so my mom let me go buy something from the gift shop. I bought this diary bcause it had a picture of a koala on it and its SOOO cute! Anyways, we have to go to our hotel now so I have to stop writing.

P.S. I miss Jason so much! Its his birthday in 4 days. I cant believe im going to miss it!

-----

Dear Diary,

We did so much today! My mom and me went to the aquarium and it was lots of fun.
Tomorrow were going on one of those outback tours. My dad joked and said we should have done a Walkabout. I’m not sure what it is but I think you have to walk a lot and hunt stuff. I still havnt seen a KANGAROO yet! I cant wait to see one.

TTFN!

-----

Dear Diary,

Sorry I didn’t have time to write to you recently. Everything was sooo busy and crazy. But that’s okay because I saw a kangaroo and it was so cute. It didn’t have any babies in its pouch though. Oh well! Anyways, its almost time to fly home and then I get to see Jason again and give him the present I got him. Hes going to be so jealous that I saw a kangaroo.

Talk to you again in Los Angeles, diary!

-----

This is the last will and testament of Neil [SURNAME OMMITED]. I am a survivor of the Oceanic 815 crash. Our plane went down earlier this morning and we are stranded on an island god knows where. We are trying our best to

-----

Okay so all the fires are out now and we got all the injured people off the beach. Some guy was running the show. He was wearing a suit and I think he’s a doctor. We hit some turbulence somewhere in the flight and the pilot had to turn the plane around. The Iraqi guy said we were pretty off course by the time the plane split apart. Oh yeah, it split in half by the way. It’s a freakin miracle any of us survived. Some kid (says his name is Boone) ran around and did a count of everyone and said there were 42 of us left alive. That’s including the US Marshall that was on the plane who looks like he’s not going to make it.

Everyone is making temporary shelters and some people are trying to start a signal fire. The rescue people should be around pretty quick. It’s pretty hard to lose a plane.

------

Something really weird just happened. Everyone was sitting around some fires and the fat guy was handing out airline meals and then we heard some really loud roaring noise and then all the trees started moving around. I had the most horrifying memories of Jurassic Park right then but that would be pretty silly. Must have been an earthquake or something.

-----

Good news!
The rescue team hasn’t come yet but the scruffy guy told me that the cockpit landed in the jungle. Him, the doctor, and some smoking hot babe are going into the jungle to look for it. I’d totally go but I’m helping build some temporary shelters right now.

Some of the people here are all right. Boone is a pretty nice guy but he looks kind of…I dunno, weird. I started referring to him as eyebrows and it made this really pretty blonde chick laugh. She was just laying around on the beach in her bikini. She is smoking hot. Her name is Shannon. Maybe this whole island thing isn’t so bad after all.

-----

We’ve been here a few days now and still no rescue team. People are starting to get worried. That US Marshall guy died of infection. The hot girl who went into the jungle (her name is Kate) looked pretty disturbed. Someone said they saw her riding with him on the plane so maybe it was her boyfriend or something.

Speaking of people seen at the airport doing stuff, what’s up with this Locke guy? First of all, why does he go by his last name? Secondly what the hell are all those knives for? Oh and also, I saw him at the airport in a wheelchair but he’s walking around just fine now. I bet he pretends he can’t walk at airports so they’ll let him on the plane first. What a con artist that guy is.

I’ve made a mortal enemy on this island. His name is Hurley. I told him I used to make frozen yogurt for a living and now he calls me Frogurt. And now everyone else is starting to call me Frogurt too! I hate Hurley so much. Everyone else thinks he’s cool but I know better. That guy is just a big fat jerk.

There is this one guy who is really cool though. He knows lots about the wilderness and stuff. He helped me put my shelter together and he said tomorrow he’d take me hunting for boar (that Locke guy found some boar yesterday). He’s from Canada or something. Says his name is Ethan.

------------------

Player List:

1. James
2. Rock Adams
3. Dyne
4. Bond
5. flunkie44
6. Teuthida
7. The Germanator
8. GameMaster
9. Fox 6
10. manasecret
11. Bube
12. Yoda9864
13. BreakABone
14. Green
15. jeepnut
16. cygb
17. Swan
18. Jonbo298
19. Aladuf
20. Russtafer
21. Vampyr
22. Typhoid
23. SQurel23
24. thatmariolover
25. Professor S

Reserves:

1. Combine 017

This round ends on June 4th at 11 am PST/ 2 pm Eastern

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Holy shit you guys! A whole bunch of stuff came up but you can start playing now.

I was wondering where you went.

BreakABone
06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I wonder if his plane crashed and he ended up on some bizarre island with only his laptop as company.

Professor S
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok... so... anyone see a coconut? I'm hungry.

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I wonder if his plane crashed and he ended up on some bizarre island with only his laptop as company.

Bizarre island with FREE WIRELESS? Count me in!

...And thus fulfills my two post requirement.

BreakABone
06-02-2008, 07:38 PM

I think we are also supposed to randomly vote off someone as well. :lol:

Typhoid
06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
This is promising and hopefully full of laughs.

GameMaster
06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Where's all the female survivors? I'm getting a tropical hard-on.

Dyne
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Really? I thought wireless would be impossible, what with the huge magnetic thing going on.

Bond
06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
http://spoilerbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/evangelinelilly.jpg

Typhoid
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
...I have to go....not...masterbate to that picture now.

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Really? I thought wireless would be impossible, what with the huge magnetic thing going on.

Then how are we all posting on a message board? Don't tell me we have to plug in using ethernet cables.

The Germanator
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM

Lost: The Sausage Party.

manasecret
06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok, so everyone who is a Survivor say Aye.

All Others, say Aye Aye.

That will clear things up.

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
If anyone else wants to play I can put them in a reserve slot!

Fox 6
06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Where my luggage at?

Aladuf
06-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok, so I read the "rules" thread buuuuuuuut I still have no idea what's going on... I think BaB's is trying to get me to do something I don't want to do in this game too.

Fox 6
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Ok, so I read the "rules" thread buuuuuuuut I still have no idea what's going on... I think BaB's is trying to get me to do something I don't want to do in this game too.

Everyone is required to post and form these you try to decide who your opponents are, then you vote them out. PLus there are the special power which aid you in the quest.

Dyne
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Where my luggage at?

Sorry about that. Your pants are pretty comfortable though.

Aladuf
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Everyone is required to post and form these you try to decide who your opponents are, then you vote them out. PLus there are the special power which aid you in the quest.

So do I post something that's relevant to my character?

Yoda9864
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
So do I post something that's relevant to my character?
No. You can, but it's probably ill advised.

It was just as confusing during the last Mafia game. But it turned out to be damn fun.

Fox 6
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Sorry about that. Your pants are pretty comfortable though.

You might be suprised, and aladuf just post what ever you feel like. Up to the others to guess.

Swan
06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Is that a suttle clue as to what Cam is?

Now where is Vamp, I need to murder him and devour his body. Survival is hard.

Aladuf
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
*shrugs*

I guess I'll truly figure this madness out as it pans out. Right now, I'll just feel it out and then maybe catch on.

Yoda9864
06-02-2008, 08:36 PM
*shrugs*

I guess I'll truly figure this madness out as it pans out. Right now, I'll just feel it out and then maybe catch on.

Pretty much all you can do right now.

Swan
06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
That is what they want you to think Al, there is ALWAYS something to be done. You just need to think it out for yourself

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
-Narration is now in the original post. Thanks Dyne!

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I can't get my OP to update when I edit it. It just loads forever. What's the deal?

Dyne
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't get my OP to update when I edit it. It just loads forever. What's the deal?

Click "Go advanced" if it does that. It's been doing that for a while.

Swan
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Man, I hope I'm the smoking hot babe

GameMaster
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I think we should go ahead and kill Hurley. Think of all the meals his meat could provide.

Yoda9864
06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I think we should go ahead and kill Hurley. Think of all the meals his meat could provide.

Mostly fat though isn't it?

thatmariolover
06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm super excited. I joined on the tail end of one of the last Mafia's and I totally didn't understand what was going on but this time it looks like it's gonna be grand.

!Clarification
How do players vote and use abilities? In threads for votes and in PM's for abilities? (And I do understand that we use !vote and !retract commands).

James
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, we vote in the thread.

For example, I !vote for thatmariolover.

Or to retract, I !retract my vote for thatmariolover.

You PM special actions to Dylflon.

This is going to be a bit weird because I'm used to voting in red and retracting in lime.

Bond
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.indyprops.com/pp-wilson1.jpg

Friends,

I decided to bring Wilson to our island.

Love,
Bond

Swan
06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
tml, you totally used the wrong green. You will ruin the game for all of us!

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 12:20 AM
HAHAHA~~

I used the wrong colors. Oh my god.

!Vote in Red

!Retract in Lime.

SORRY GUYS!!!!

James
06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I !vote for Dylflon!

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I !vote for Dylflon!

D:

Jonbo298
06-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Hi guyz. Who fuk me?> IO dunno but I am felame and willing for aciton stusffs but ehm dunno whatever comes. moderate buyt natural breasttttttts wil aciompnay mae.

Jonbo298
06-03-2008, 12:34 AM

troplical hard on for me wanting action stuff. I think worht it

James
06-03-2008, 12:38 AM
D:

Today I am ending the mafia.

No more red wine, it makes you act out!

Yoda9864
06-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi guyz. Who fuk me?> IO dunno but I am felame and willing for aciton stusffs but ehm dunno whatever comes. moderate buyt natural breasttttttts wil aciompnay mae.
So Jonbo's account has been hijacked by the spirit of an Asian prostitute bot?

Professor S
06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be a very odd game of Mafia.

Teuthida
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I had a dream where we were all playing Mafia but with animals and monsters. It only lasted one night and my side one. One of you almost killed me (will withhold name) but I was rescued by squid brain pterodactyls. Then the Simpsons adopted the remaining monsters and gave the squid brain pterodactyls baths. It was nice.

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I had a dream where we were all playing Mafia but with animals and monsters. It only lasted one night and my side one. One of you almost killed me (will withhold name) but I was rescued by squid brain pterodactyls. Then the Simpsons adopted the remaining monsters and gave the squid brain pterodactyls baths. It was nice.

Once again, someone gives themself up!, bolded letters= Ben Linus.

Nice try Teuthida, or should I say "Ben"

I'm a motha fuckin' detective yo, you guys should be thanking my mad skillz! ;)

Fox 6
06-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I wish i was vincent. Hes so cute. woof woof

thatmariolover
06-03-2008, 02:51 PM

I wish I had a dream about Mafia. :( I had one about skydiving last night though! It was awesome, highly realistic.

Bube
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
So we're allowed to post pics? The one Bond posted was...nice.. :D

Here's a personal favorite :p I think it's better than the other pic, because it's in a house, warm and family-like.
(may contain spoilers from season 4)
http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1401-236.html

Angrist
06-03-2008, 03:31 PM
If anyone else wants to play I can put them in a reserve slot!For a moment I considered it. But I stick with my statement that I have no time for this game. I always put way more time/effort/emotion into these games than is healthy. Also, Lost doesn't interest me at all.

Bond
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Doin' the daily post.

http://www.hkb.org.uk/maggiegraceinfo.jpg

Bube
06-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Damn it, I looked for another Kate pic but couldn't find what I was looking for. I couldn't remember which episode it was in. I couldn't keep up with Bond. I hang my head in shame.

And I !vote for Bond. :p

Edit: On second thought, that would probably be a stupid move right now. I !retract my vote for Bond.

flunkie44
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I have no clue how to play this game.

Or do I?

Bube
06-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I have no clue how to play this game.

Or do I?
I'm kinda lost right now as well. I'm sure we'll get it the more it goes on.

GameMaster
06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Doin' the daily post.

http://www.hkb.org.uk/maggiegraceinfo.jpg

Shannon was the hottest. I salute Sayid for being the only survivor to finally conquer her in bed.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Shannon was the hottest. I salute Sayid for being the only survivor to finally conquer her in bed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/dylflon/mafiaboone.jpg

Swan
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Remember Dylan.....He didn't survive:D

Now who shall I randomly vote at

flunkie44
06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Lost is one of those shows I really wish I could've gotten into, but I just didn't have enough time when the show first came out and never could catch up.

Bond
06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Abc.com has all the past episodes in streaming HD. It's awesome.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
People who have not yet contributed:

Jim
cygb
SQurel
Vampyr
Green
Russtafer
Rock Adams

Everyone is yet to vote.

GameMaster
06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
LOST is a rarity in that its become better with each season and episode.

Most shows get progressively worse. Usually they run out of ideas, then they'll do a ridiculous episode which then gets slammed by viewers for 'jumping the shark'.

flunkie44
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Abc.com has all the past episodes in streaming HD. It's awesome.

Well that's definitely an incentive to start it over the summer.

Professor S
06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I !vote Teuthida

His cryptic message has led me to believe he is an Other, attempting to send cryptic messages to other Others. Besides, there isn't much else to go on as everyone else has been pretty boring.

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I !vote Professor S

Only because he's just soo eager to get voting started!:p

Oh, Dyflon, Jim told me yesterday that when he said "I quit" in the Rules thread I believe it was, that he legitimately quit. So you may want to bring in someone else to replace him at least.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 05:36 PM
What a buttface. Alright, Germanator or Combine, if you want to playy let me know. First person to speak up gets the spot.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Jim is out and The Germanator is in.

The Germanator
06-03-2008, 05:50 PM
What's up, bitches.

Swan
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, lets vote out Germy. He is new!

Or is he?

Maybe he wants us to vote him out

Fox 6
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
!vote Swan

The Germanator
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
This is kind of weird for me because I have never seen an episode of Lost, so I don't know these characters people are talking about at all. Oh well.

Professor S
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I !vote Professor S

Only because he's just soo eager to get voting started!:p

Well someone had to get it started, and because you're so eager to vote for me, and I have no real reason to vote for Teuth...

!retract Teuthida

!vote Aladuf

EAT IT, SUCKA!!!! :D

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
:O

Bube
06-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I think voting should be private.
With vote retracting, this is going to turn into an Ebay auction, with all the votes being changed at the last minute depending on who voted against whom. :)

Fox 6
06-03-2008, 06:34 PM
This is how it worked in the last one and it was fun.

BreakABone
06-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I think voting should be private.
With vote retracting, this is going to turn into an Ebay auction, with all the votes being changed at the last minute depending on who voted against whom. :)

That's the whole idea.
If it was private, we couldn't come up with insane conspiracy theories as to who is what. :lolz:

Swan
06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
That it was. And the first one tends to be just random voting because nobody knows what is going on.

I remember last one the first person we voted off was Dylflons friend he brought over to show us how to work the game...and we kicked his ass out

GameMaster
!vote Professor S

Aladuf has brought so much new activity to our forums. I have to defend him no matter what!

And we're Entourage Brothers!

Rock Adams
i deduce, that what's his face quit because he was not a super pimp or a bad guy, thus, the Germanator is not a super pimp or a bad guy. Also, Swan is covering the fact that he's the smoke monster by shifting suspicion onto other players.

I am a genius.

!vote Swan

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
*pumps fist*

Fox 6
06-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I am a genius.

This

Rock Adams
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
pumps fist!?!?
that's too suspicious for my liking.

!retract Swan
!vote Aladuf

Rock Adams
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
we can't have terrorists like Aladuf pumping his fist at us. He's the smoke monster! vote for him!

Bube
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
That's the whole idea.
If it was private, we couldn't come up with insane conspiracy theories as to who is what. :lolz:
I don't like that laugh - there's something fishy about it. :D I !vote BreakABone.

thatmariolover
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Awfully quick to point the terrorist finger there.

!vote Rock Adams.

Yoda9864
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I better vote now in case I don't get back by midnight tonight. No offense Bond, picked you at random.

!vote Bond

Swan
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
It ends at 11 tomorrow morning Yoda

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
This is getting amazingly paranoid.. I LOVE THIS SHIT! :D

Rock Adams
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
it's not my fault that Aladuf is a terrorist, i'm just telling it the way it is. you can vote for me if you want to, but that won't change the fact that Aladuf hates freedom, and will devour you with his smoky, evil-doing ways. Aladuf has declared jihad on us all (i can only assume) and it's time for us to fight back!

Yoda9864
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
It ends at 11 tomorrow morning Yoda
Oh, good thing I checked this before I left.

!retract Bond

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
it's not my fault that Aladuf is a terrorist, i'm just telling it the way it is. you can vote for me if you want to, but that won't change the fact that Aladuf hates freedom, and will devour you with his smoky, evil-doing ways. Aladuf has declared jihad on us all (i can only assume) and it's time for us to fight back!

:lolz: Holy Shit! So awesome!

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2006/03/28/632791466315871439.jpg

Better than all those other pictures.

Swan
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
And my arch nemesis has returned.

Let us commence this battle

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 08:47 PM
And my arch nemesis has returned.

Let us commence this battle

*draws reverse blade sword*

Swan
06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
*draws blade slowly, then slides back into sheath*

It is too soon. We shall let the game play itself out and then when the time is right we shall meet.

Blade to blade.

Typhoid
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
!vote Swan

Professor S
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
!retract Aladuf

!vote Rock Adams

Hmmmm...

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
!retract Aladuf

!vote Rock Adams

Hmmmm...

I wonder if anyone has figured out that you're always the bad guy in these games. >.>

Dyne
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I !vote Jonbo298.

Strength in random voting! (Nothing personal, I just felt like going the random route.)

Professor S
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder if anyone has figured out that you're always the bad guy in these games. >.>

That is a fear of mine, as I believe I am viewed as a villain in general on these forums, and being an alien last time won't help that image. I wouldn't be shocked to be voted off early.

I would say "I'm not the enemy!", but then again those types of statements don't really help in this game. We'll see how it all shakes out.

I just like to actually PLAY THE GAME, and not sit back and hope that if I dont say anything I won't get voted off. If thats you're strategy, whats the point in playing at all?

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
That is a fear of mine, as I believe I am viewed as a villain in general on these forums, and being an alien last time won't help that image. I wouldn't be shocked to be voted off early.

I would say "I'm not the enemy!", but then again those types of statements don't really help in this game. We'll see how it all shakes out.

I just like to actually PLAY THE GAME, and not sit back and hope that if I dont say anything I won't get voted off. If thats you're strategy, whats the point in playing at all?

I don't think that's ever been my strategy, recalling Mafia I and Survivor.

Although that post did seem pretty genuine.

flunkie44
06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Couldn't we all just go out and buy Lost: Via Domus instead of playing this game? :p

Bond
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM

To be fair it is/was the strategy of many. A lot of people simply voted, or sometimes didn't even vote and still advanced to the next round. I think that's what the Prof is trying to say.

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Lost: Via Domus was really fun! You folks should play it.

Swan
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes, sadly I admit I did that last time. Because I had work all the time and had no time to sit and think and play. Then someone opened their arms and I trusted them.....

Biggest mistake of my life!

But this time things shall be different. Things will change

Bond
06-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Okay, Niko Bellic.

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes, sadly I admit I did that last time. Because I had work all the time and had no time to sit and think and play. Then someone opened their arms and I trusted them.....

Biggest mistake of my life!

But this time things shall be different. Things will change

Want to team up?

Professor S
06-03-2008, 10:46 PM

My comments weren't aimed specifically at you. I was using the universal "you", as it everyone who used that strategy. It buigged me because I played the game and everyone just sat back and piled on me because I was one of the few who wrote more than two words.

And considering I was obviously an alien from the get go last time, I had to pull some semantic miracles out of my ass to stay in as long as I did, and I like to think I helped set the stage for the aliens eventually victory.

So post people! Don't be pussies! POST!

Swan
06-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Want to team up?

Quite tempting. I shall ponder this my friend.

You know what they say, keep your friends close.....

Vampyr
06-03-2008, 10:51 PM
My comments weren't aimed specifically at you. I was using the universal "you", as it everyone who used that strategy. It buigged me because I played the game and everyone just sat back and piled on me because I was one of the few who wrote more than two words.

And considering I was obviously an alien from the get go last time, I had to pull some semantic miracles out of my ass to stay in as long as I did, and I like to think I helped set the stage for the aliens eventually victory.

So post people! Don't be pussies! POST!

Haha, yeah I understood, I was just responding with a too-cool demeanor. :cool:

You're parts were some of the most enjoyable to watch play out, and I was really amazed no one voted you off earlier.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Swan asked me a clarification question earlier about targeting yourself. Anyone can target themselves with any vote or power, etc.

Swan
06-03-2008, 11:13 PM
!Vote Russtafer

Sorry Russ, random vote for now to get the game started.

ilu

Green
06-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh dang, we get an entire forum for Mafia games here?

Maybe I should host TPEWY here instead...

BreakABone
06-03-2008, 11:21 PM

TPEWY?

manasecret
06-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I suspect every one of you is an Other. It's so hard to narrow down.

SQurel23
06-03-2008, 11:27 PM
hmmm...im finally putting together pieces

Bond
06-03-2008, 11:36 PM

You'll get your very own forum free-of-charge!

Green
06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
TPEWY?

The Phalla (another term for Mafia games) Ends With You, based on the DS game of similar title

GameMaster
06-03-2008, 11:46 PM
!retract Professor S

Bribery does work.

BreakABone
06-03-2008, 11:49 PM
The Phalla (another term for Mafia games) Ends With You, based on the DS game of similar title

Well, how similar is it to Mafia?
I mean we could run it right after Mafia.
Forum wide games seem to be popular but if too similar may burn out posters.

jeepnut
06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm going to vote now since I will be busy all morning and afternoon tomorrow at an interview. Wish me luck!

I !vote Swan

Yoda9864
06-04-2008, 12:37 AM

You did a great job setting me and Vampyr up for an Alien victory!! What a glorious day that was!

Green
06-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Well, how similar is it to Mafia?
I mean we could run it right after Mafia.
Forum wide games seem to be popular but if too similar may burn out posters.

It's basically a Mafia game but this one is saturated with features from the game it's based on, including electing a GM every day and daily missions that the players have to complete

Dylflon
06-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Just a reminder everyone; voting is mandatory. Get your votes in.

Dylflon
06-04-2008, 02:57 AM
cygb and russtafer still have yet to contribute. Come on, guys!

The vote totals so far

Swan - 3
Rock Adams - 2
Aladuf - 1
BreakABone - 1
Jonbo - 1
Professor S - 1
Russtafer - 1

Someone should volunteer to post the voting totals every so often.

People who haven't voted:

James
Bond
flunkie
Teuthida
Germanator
manasecret
BreakABone
Green
cygb
Jonbo
Russtafer
Vampyr
SQurel

People who retracted their votes and need to vote again:

Yoda
GameMaster

flunkie44
06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Voting at random here.

I !vote manasecret.

GameMaster
06-04-2008, 03:28 AM
!vote Rock Adams

There. That'll make things interesting.

James
06-04-2008, 07:25 AM
!vote Dyne

Sorry, the RNG does not lie.

Yoda9864
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
!vote Aladuf

Teuthida
06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Squirrels can be tricky and have been known to capture people in their sleep and force them to watch prerecorded baseball games.

!vote SQurel

Professor S
06-04-2008, 08:48 AM
!retract Professor S

Bribery does work.

I wouldn't necessarily call the fact that I took you off my ignore list for the Mafia game "bribery".

Bube
06-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Isn't the diary written by that guy who liked Libby and had an argument with Hurley in one of the mobisodes? I hated him. Wonder what happened to him?

BreakABone
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
!vote Thatmariolover

He has been rather hush hush.

Aladuf
06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call the fact that I took you off my ignore list for the Mafia game "bribery".

:lolz: Are you serious?! Of like the 20-30 people on here you actually had one of them on your ignore list?

Vampyr
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
!vote Thatmariolover

I saw him sneaking around the jungle.

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
See, the problem with this BaB is you're a trendsetter. By hook or by crook you will get followers to do whatever you do.

And besides, I wasn't sneaking. I hardly need an excuse to want a little privacy when I go to relieve myself. You're trying awfully hard to figure out my role on AIM. Maybe you just want to find out how important I am so you can report off to your other minions.

James
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Vote Tally as of post #135:

Rock Adams: 3
Swan: 3
Aladuf: 2
thatmariolover: 2
BreakABone: 1
Dyne: 1
Jonbo298: 1
manasecret: 1
Professor S: 1
Russtafer: 1
SQurel: 1

By number of votes, in alphabetical order. Should be accurate.

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
!Retract Rock Adams

!Vote BreakABone

Too pushy BaB, I just don't trust you anymore.

BreakABone
06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
!Retract That Mario Lover

I say now that he is more active in the thread, it could be a way of covering his ass, but really the Others are more likely to lay low.

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
!Retract BreakaBone

!Vote Rock Adams

An act of faith, for now.

The Germanator
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
!Vote Russtafer

Dude hasn't even participated. Not cool in my book.

Aladuf
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
!Retract Professor S

I've had a change of heart, my tactics will prevail.

Bond
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
!Vote thatmariolover

manasecret
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
!vote Thatmariolover

He has been rather hush hush.

See, the problem with this BaB is you're a trendsetter. By hook or by crook you will get followers to do whatever you do.

And besides, I wasn't sneaking. I hardly need an excuse to want a little privacy when I go to relieve myself. You're trying awfully hard to figure out my role on AIM. Maybe you just want to find out how important I am so you can report off to your other minions.

!Retract Rock Adams

!Vote BreakABone

Too pushy BaB, I just don't trust you anymore.

!Retract That Mario Lover

I say now that he is more active in the thread, it could be a way of covering his ass, but really the Others are more likely to lay low.

!Retract BreakaBone

!Vote Rock Adams

An act of faith, for now.

Hmm... a clever play acted out upon the GT forum? Or some truth to the story?

I want to believe it's a play, but I think that would be becoming too paranoid to think that they would act it out over several hours like they did. So if the story is true, IMO it makes BaB seem suspicious, or it makes neither one look suspicious.

However, if it was a play to throw us all off, then they're both suspicious.

So.. a play 'twas or 'twasn't?

manasecret
06-04-2008, 12:39 PM
On another note, it seems to me that the Others would be the ones most eager to get in a vote early to lead the vote to someone they know isn't one of them.

The Survivors on the other hand, would have no reason to vote early. They (we) might as well just vote randomly sometime near the final time to vote.

Who were the first to vote? 1. Bube, 2. Prof S, 3. Aladuf, 4. Fox 6, 5. GM.

Also, Swan seems to have gotten a disproportionate amount of votes against him for someone who hasn't voted yet. Three of which came from "random" votes (or at least with no explanation) -- from Fox 6, Typhoid, and jeepnut.

Suspicious.

Because he started the trend of voting against Swan, and was one of the first to vote, I !vote Fox 6. I'm also suspicious of others, especially Prof S, but he always seems suspicious.

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 12:39 PM
We talked a little more and I think the bottom line came to neither one of us really wanting to be voted off randomly in the first round. So we just kinda decided to back off and play it by ear for now.

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Updated tallies based on the last post by James:

Rock Adams: 3
Swan: 3
Aladuf: 2
thatmariolover: 2
BreakABone: 1
Dyne: 1
Fox6
Jonbo298: 1
manasecret: 1
Russtafer: 2
SQurel: 1

BreakABone
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Hmm... a clever play acted out upon the GT forum? Or some truth to the story?

I want to believe it's a play, but I think that would be becoming too paranoid to think that they would act it out over several hours like they did. So if the story is true, IMO it makes BaB seem suspicious, or it makes neither one look suspicious.

However, if it was a play to throw us all off, then they're both suspicious.

So.. a play 'twas or 'twasn't?

I am a great actor!
But really, I have a reputation on these forums already so I really try not to fly under the radar because I will be suspected anyway.

I am still on the hunch that quiet people deserve to go. They have something to hide.

!Vote Typhoid

Fox 6
06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
woof woof * pant pant*

VINCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor S
06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I am a great actor!
But really, I have a reputation on these forums already so I really try not to fly under the radar because I will be suspected anyway.

I am still on the hunch that quiet people deserve to go. They have something to hide.

!Vote Typhoid

You know what? I agree! Typhoid is a regular poster has been mysteriously inactive lately. I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!!!

!retract whoever I voted for. I think it was Rocky McAdamson

!vote Typhoid

thatmariolover
06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I guess it would be better to have a reason for the vote instead of random chance.

!retract Rock Adams.
!Vote typhoid

Aladuf
06-04-2008, 02:01 PM
well fudge :(

I was out shopping and forgot that this ended at 1:59 for me..

Dylflon
06-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh MAriolover. Your vote came one minute too late as the last votable minute is 10:59.

Thus concludes round one. The thread for round 2 shall be up shortly.