PDA

View Full Version : THE RULES THREAD

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
http://girlstalkinsmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/lostgreatestmoments.jpg

The game will commence in an hour and a half. Role PMs will be going out now. Do not share these PMs with anyone.

Copy and pasting, screen shotting, or forwarding your role PM to show other players is against the rules.

If you are caught breaking this rule, you will be removed from the game.

RULES:

Mafia is a game of good vs. evil. The good in this case, are the survivors camp. The bad, are the mysterious "Others"

All roles were assigned through use of a random number generator (which was the reason you all got to pick which numbered slot you wanted).

The Survivor Camp makes up the majority of the players in the game. Though while they have the majority, they don't know the identity of any other player in the game.

The Others are a much smaller group but they know the identity of all of the other...Others.

The goal of the survivors camp is to root out and eliminate all of the Others in the game. Each player votes on who they believe is the most likely to be an Other. At the end of every 24 hour block, the player with the most votes is eliminated. In the event of a tie, a random number generator will be used to decide who is eliminated. If the player with the most votes is eliminated by the vigilante or other forces, the person with the next highest number of votes will be removed.

Use this formatting for voting:

I !vote for Dylflon

You may retract your vote at any time. Do not edit your old vote. Use retractions.

I !retract Dylflon.

You can vote and retract as many times as you like. Each player must vote every day.

There are also special roles on the good side. One such role is the vigilante. The vigilante can choose one player each round to remove from the game. The guardian can protect one player each round from both being killed by the vigilante and from being captured by the Others. The guardian cannot protect a player from dying by vote. The seer can target one player each round to investigate. After the round, I will PM them with information about their targeted player. This information will consist of the player's role and whether or not they are an Other.

Specials may at any time refrain from using an ability.

But all information regarding the targets of your special actions must be PMed to me by 10:30 am PST/1:30 pm Eastern!

The Others select one person each turn to capture and remove from the game The decision must be PMed to me by a representative of the Others team before the special action deadline.

There are a couple hidden game mechanics in here as well to spice things up a bit.

For either side to win, the opposing side must be entirely wiped out.

-voting for each day closes at 10:59 am PST/1:59 pm Eastern

-dead players get one goodbye post but this post cannot contain any information pertaining to the game. After their one post, dead players may no longer post in the thread. Nor may they contact living players.

-The results of each day will be presented via daily narrations.

-You must have two posts per day in order to be considered an active player. Failure to do this without excuse too many times will lead to your removal from the game.

-When a player is killed, their team affiliation will be revealed in the narration.

-Dead players are not allowed to communicate with living players about the game and vice versa.

If you have any questions in the thread type !Clarification followed by what you want to know

The game will commence shortly. I hope that everyone has fun and ask that everyone please participate in AT LEAST the bare minimum fashion of two posts per day. If we have inactive players it will ruin the game.

The first round will last for two days to give everyone a chance to post and prepare.

Edit:

The order of actions as they will be carried out at the end of each round is as follows:

Seer --> Guardian --> Vigilante --> Others Capture --> Vote

Fox 6
06-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Damn you, im coming over in a few you butt.

manasecret
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I will survive. As long as I know how to love I know I will survive.

Nah actually I'm still waiting on the PM.

Renwood
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
too much work I quit

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually, I probably still need another hour to get this together.

OOPS!

Game starts at 3 pm PST/ 6pm Eastern.

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
!Clarification

We can make our two posts anywhere on GT correct?

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
!Clarification

We can make our two posts anywhere on GT correct?

The two posts must be contained within the current game thread which will be up shortly.

Bond
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Clarification!

In a hypothetical situation, let's say the seer has discovered another player whom is a Survivor. Is it then against the rules for these two players to work together?

Yoda9864
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, we know who the seer is.... :)

thatmariolover
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Not really. I had the same question.

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
TWO SEERS?!?!?!?

BreakABone
06-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Maybe we aren't Lost, but we are inside the Matrix.

jeepnut
06-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Maybe we aren't Lost, but we are inside the Matrix.

PLOT TWIST!

manasecret
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
!Clarification

If the Vigilante kills the Guardian who is chosen by the Seer to see...r, will I still have peanut butter and jelly for dinner?

Dylflon
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Clarification!

In a hypothetical situation, let's say the seer has discovered another player whom is a Survivor. Is it then against the rules for these two players to work together?

It is encouraged that they work together. You just aren't allowed to screen cap, forward or quote your role pms to prove who you are.

James
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Clarification: We are allowed to paraphrase PMs, because there is no way to know if the person is then lying, correct?

Aladuf
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Clarification! Wait, why are we PM'ing people?!

James
06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Clarification: And just so we're clear, Day 1 ends June 4th 10:59 am PST/1:59 pm Eastern?

Swan
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
!Clarification: So we can lie basically? S

Bond
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Swan is none other than Ben Linus!

James
06-02-2008, 11:31 PM

Get him!

Swan
06-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Why do we want to get Swan?

What has the Swan ever done to harm you?

I just am finding out the rules to the game so that we can play it to the full extent

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Why do we want to get Swan?

What has the Swan ever done to harm you?

The bolded letters spell out "heantnrom" OR

Ethan Rom

He's an OTHER! I figured you out "Swan" *psh, if that is even your real name*

Swan
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Now you are just seeing what you want to see and looking past the real clues. It's all laid out right in front of you but you can't see it

Aladuf
06-03-2008, 12:11 AM
:O

Well, NOW I'm gonna be up all night figuring this one out!

j/k... or am I? hmm...

Teuthida
06-03-2008, 12:14 AM
!Clarification: So we can lie basically?

Oy, I never got that connection with his name. I always just thought of the Peanuts character.

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Clarification: We are allowed to paraphrase PMs, because there is no way to know if the person is then lying, correct?

It's a dirty tactic at times but it's allowed.

Clarification: And just so we're clear, Day 1 ends June 4th 10:59 am PST/1:59 pm Eastern?

Yes.

Absolutely

Bond
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Clarification! If the Vigilante takes out the person with the most votes does the person with the second most votes get voted out?

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Clarification! If the Vigilante takes out the person with the most votes does the person with the second most votes get voted out?

Excellent question.

The answer is Yes.

Updated OP to include this information.

Bond
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
!Clarification Hypothetically, if the seer finds out that player X is a Survivor, is the seer then allowed to quote the PM (sent by you showing who player X is) that proves player X is a Survivor, so that the seer and player X can work together?

Dylflon
06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
!Clarification Hypothetically, if the seer finds out that player X is a Survivor, is the seer then allowed to quote the PM (sent by you showing who player X is) that proves player X is a Survivor, so that the seer and player X can work together?

No. No PMs from me are allowed to be quoted.