PDA

View Full Version : Leader Of The Pack!

Old Skool
05-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Star Wars™ Rogue Squadron™ II: Rogue Leader™ is No.1 on the GameCube

“The title to get with your GameCube.” FHM, Game of the Month

UK retailers have confirmed that Star Wars™ Rogue Squadron™ II: Rogue Leader™ has entered the UK charts at No.1*, making it the first ever third party game to hit the top spot on a consoles launch**. On May 3, 2002 LucasArts released Star Wars™ Rogue Squadron™ II: Rogue Leader™ as a day one GameCube launch title.

Keely Brenner, Senior Brand Manager LucasArts says, “We are delighted with the news, it is a piece of gaming history. Rogue Leader is a superb game, showcased beautifully by the GameCube’s graphic capabilities. At the end of the day gamers wanted to play the movie and with this game you can.”

Jason1
05-08-2002, 03:46 PM
uhh...Am I the only one confused here?:confused:

Old Skool
05-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jason1

Ummm whats there to be confused about RSII is the first ever 3rd party game to be at number one for a consoles launch! whats so confused about that.

Ginkasa
05-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jason1

I understood it... *shrugs*

Shadow_Link
05-08-2002, 04:03 PM
I think Jason doesn't know that this news is concerned with the European launch. Even though it says 'UK retailers' :D.

Angrist
05-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Hehe, this is great! I guess Star Wars is really hot! Especially with Episode II almost coming out. :D

Speaking of Rogue Leader...
*thinks about making a thread about it*

Jason1
05-08-2002, 07:24 PM
ohhhh...heh...yea...

:rolleyes:

TheGame
05-09-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Skool

RSII is the first ever 3rd party game to be at number one for a consoles launch!

Umm...

WTF are you talking about?

You mean a Nintendo system? Because Ps2 didn't launch with any 1st or 2nd party games, so it's impossible for RS2 to be the first #1 3rd party game at a console's launch.

Old Skool
05-09-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by TheGame

Umm...

WTF are you talking about?

You mean a Nintendo system? Because Ps2 didn't launch with any 1st or 2nd party games, so it's impossible for RS2 to be the first #1 3rd party game at a console's launch.

Yes but if you recall software sales for the PS2 were so bad at the launch not one of the game even made Number one in the sales chart. Oh and didn't Fantavision launch with the PS2 I know it did in the UK.