PDA

View Full Version : Damnit, I forgot.

Dyne
05-30-2008, 06:26 PM
What things do you forget about that you regret a lot?

My brother is watching my Equilibrium DVD right now. The story of how I got it is this: My friend at University wanted to borrow my "Sights, Sounds, and Motion" textbook I used for a film course two years ago, and he was going to give me $20 for it. And I remember that I said I was going to use that $20 on Equilibrium. And I did. This was last semester. And now, the semester's been over for a month. I didn't even realize it until now! Damnit! Now I have to find a way to contact him to get it back. It's a great book for all types of multimedia and it's definitely not worth $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Sight-Sound-Motion-Applied-Aesthetics/dp/0534526772

More like $120. Damnit.

Anyways, what stories do you have?

Angrist
05-30-2008, 06:42 PM
A guy in a movie looked like a student I used to know, so I thought "hey, let's send him an e-mail."

I hadn't seen him in 3 years. Then he mails back "Oh hey, I still have a book that belongs to you!" I figured it had to be my Essentials of Ecology book, which is pretty nice and expensive.
Then he even asked me to come over to his place to pick it up. I told him to bring it over. In the end we met in a university building and I finally got it back. And I didn't even get something nice as a sorry/thankyou.

That's the story that I had to think of because it's so similar to yours. I bet I have more exciting stories than that...

Dyne
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Really? You'd want to thank him? I would get the feeling that he wanted you to forget about it so he could keep it for himself.

Combine 017
05-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Well, this one time, "someone" decided to fire an energy ball into the Dark Energy Reactor, which blew up part of The Citadel and set the Core into a meltdown. Needless to say it exploded and leveled City 17. The advisors are not happy about that one.

Fox 6
05-30-2008, 06:57 PM
How is that about forgetting something?

Combine 017
05-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I forgot it ever happened, I just remembered now.

Perfect Stu
05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
i had a 15 year Canada savings bond that matured a few years ago that I forgot about until recently

Angrist
05-31-2008, 03:36 AM
Really? You'd want to thank him? I would get the feeling that he wanted you to forget about it so he could keep it for himself.I'm pretty sure he didn't really want to forget/keep the book.
But when I lend something from somebody, I usually give them a nice chocolate bar or something. So after 3 years, I was expecting something like that, but nada.