PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate question: Schwarzenegger or Stallone?

Dyne
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Let's say this alien came from out of nowhere and had a memory-erasing ray, and for some reason or another, wanted to destroy one actor's career entirely by erasing the memory of his existance. The movies they were in would never exist (or end up being kind of like Predator 2). Who would you choose to keep?

I know, ridiculous situation, but on my run today, I decided that I can't really choose between the two.

Jonbo298
05-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Stallone for me, but only due to the fact of that awesome scene in the new Rambo movie (.50 cal scene which I won't spoil).

Angrist
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Schwarzenegger for sure. I never really liked the Stalone movies, they're too raw for me. I also find Stalone very uninspiring. Schwarzenegger his face etc. just fascinates me.

And wow, the sky outside is gorgeously pink... Sorry, that has nothing to do with the thread.

Dyne
05-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Schwarzenegger for sure. I never really liked the Stalone movies, they're too raw for me. I also find Stalone very uninspiring. Schwarzenegger his face etc. just fascinates me.

And wow, the sky outside is gorgeously pink... Sorry, that has nothing to do with the thread.

Yeah, I was about to say.. his face? I thought you meant his throbbing pecs. :D

EDIT: Huh, it looks like they're finally doing a movie together. As soon as Arnold's term ends.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/02/17/rocky-and-terminator-to-finally-team-up/

GameMaster
05-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I would have to say Stallone.

And I feel the opposite of Angrist. Stallone was very emotionally moving as the character of Rocky in those films. And all of them except the fifth were very inspiring too. Each time I watch one, it makes me want to obtain six-packs abs and look so super hot.

Fox 6
05-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Stallone for me, but only due to the fact of that awesome scene in the new Rambo movie (.50 cal scene which I won't spoil).

how can you spoil graphic violence? :P

well this one guy gets shot and dies!!!!!!!!!!! And this other guy he shoots with the gun and hes all like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can has benefit of doubt plz?

;)

Aladuf
05-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Are you referring to the one where it looks like you're playing Gears of War?!

Renwood
05-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Schwarzenegger brings me more dumb entertainment from his horrible movies, but was also the Terminator. Stallone made some movies that I truly enjoyed, and then pissed on their legacies.

tie

Dyne
05-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, I made an option for those of us who can't decide.

jeepnut
05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok, I made an option for those of us who can't decide.

Cop-out.

I can't think of one Stallone movie that I really care about.

Governator for the win.

KillerGremlin
05-31-2008, 02:15 AM
Schwarzenegger has a pretty manly resume.

T1, T2, T3
Predator
Total Recall
Last Action Hero
True Lies
Conan The Barbarian

and he's been in a slew of mildly entertaining and crappy films, most notably his laugh-out-loud-bad roll as Mr. Freeze.

Stallone is cool, but I'm not a Rocky fan and the Terminator series blows Rambo out of the water.

Arnie all the way.

Dylflon
05-31-2008, 02:31 AM
There really needs to be a "They both suck" option.

Renwood
05-31-2008, 10:08 AM
There really needs to be a "They both suck" option.

Almost Vancouver

oh I get it

Vampyr
05-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Schwarzenegger, easily.

Terminator 2 and Predator are two of my favorite movies.

thatmariolover
05-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Stallone had potential but I don't think it was realized in the same way as Schwarzenegger.

Perfect Stu
05-31-2008, 03:34 PM
http://live.cgcu.net/files/news/1409/039_1071~Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Posters.jpg

Angrist
05-31-2008, 03:46 PM
No contest Dyne, NO CONTEST!!

Dyne
05-31-2008, 06:33 PM
On an unrelated note - I ended up buying Arnold's sunglasses in Terminator 2 - Persol 58230. A ton of people thought they were "Gargoyle" or even Oakley but they are definitely Persols. I can't wait until they arrive. :D

Bond
05-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Dyne, you should look into buying a Sunglass Hut store. Might be cheaper. ;)

Dyne
05-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Dyne, you should look into buying a Sunglass Hut store. Might be cheaper. ;)

Hahaha! Sunglass Huts up here don't carry Persol anymore. :( In fact, nobody does. Stupid Canada.

Plus, there's nothing like original-factory hand-made 80's Italian sunglasses.. mmm. Sunglass Hut suffers from the whole, "need to clear out last year's stock and charge insane amounts of money for this year's fashion" kind of thing.

jeepnut
05-31-2008, 08:10 PM
I thought you were done buying sunglasses Dyne?

Dyne
05-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I thought you were done buying sunglasses Dyne?

I did too. :( But my other Persol Ratti sunglasses are so unbelievably comfortable. And the fact I should stop sharking for deals all the time, hahaha.

KillerGremlin
05-31-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm not gonna lie, The Terminator sun glasses look pretty bad ass.

Dyne
05-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm not gonna lie, The Terminator sun glasses look pretty bad ass.

Hells yes. :cool:

I was actually going to buy them with my other vintage pair, but I was too superficial and wanted that Persol "supreme arrow" on the sides like most other Persols. But it totally doesn't need it.

Here's the front shot too.

KillerGremlin
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Hells yes. :cool:

I was actually going to buy them with my other vintage pair, but I was too superficial and wanted that Persol "supreme arrow" on the sides like most other Persols. But it totally doesn't need it.

How much are the Terminator Persols? Over 150? I couldn't see myself spending more than 150 on sunglasses, and I'd need a case or something. I always break my glasses, that's why I stick to cheap pairs. But a hobby is a hobby, I've been checking out a lot of watches lately. I might lose some cash on that. The Internet is a gateway to reading up on stuff that costs money. Stupid internet.

Dyne
06-01-2008, 12:48 AM
How much are the Terminator Persols? Over 150? I couldn't see myself spending more than 150 on sunglasses, and I'd need a case or something. I always break my glasses, that's why I stick to cheap pairs. But a hobby is a hobby, I've been checking out a lot of watches lately. I might lose some cash on that. The Internet is a gateway to reading up on stuff that costs money. Stupid internet.

I know. :( I actually caught them on sale for $90 on this great site where I got my first Persols. It looks like this pair is $230 though so I guess the sale is over and their special is now "rarities", which are way more expensive. :(

http://www.vintage-sunglasses-shop.com/eyewear1262_Persol_58230_Ratti.html?setModule=currencycontroller&action=setCurrency&id_set=USD

What kind of watches are you into?

KillerGremlin
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I know. :( I actually caught them on sale for $90 on this great site where I got my first Persols. It looks like this pair is $230 though so I guess the sale is over and their special is now "rarities", which are way more expensive. :(

http://www.vintage-sunglasses-shop.com/eyewear1262_Persol_58230_Ratti.html?setModule=currencycontroller&action=setCurrency&id_set=USD

What kind of watches are you into?

I've been checking out a lot of Seiko diver watches as of late. They are truly beautiful things. Mechanical of course: fully automatic, no batteries, no capacitor charging the watch with solar power, just a good old fashioned self-winding watch. A lot of the Seiko models happen to fall within my budget range, so it's nice for me. I also really like Chronograph watches, and those range from 100 dollars to easily several thousand. If I was a millionaire I'd probably be looking at some Omega or TAG Heuer watches. Rado also has some REALLY awesome looking watches, and they're pretty classy too. But they are wayyyyyyy out of my price range. There's also a few Ball watches that are really nice, but again, I can't afford thousand dollar Swiss watches. But yeah, a watch is like a pair of glasses, you can go for style or design, and prices range from dirt cheap to way out of any normal person's league of affordability.

Dyne
06-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Hahaha. There's nothing like a really good design though. Those sound absolutely ace.

And I'm surprised, a lot of watch enthusiasts like to call watches "timepieces". Does that only apply to the 1000+ ones?

Back on topic for me: I seriously still can't decide. Hmm. I hope my Rambo Blu-ray set comes soon. After watching II and III for the first time, I hope to form an opinion.

KillerGremlin
06-01-2008, 01:48 AM
And I'm surprised, a lot of watch enthusiasts like to call watches "timepieces". Does that only apply to the 1000+ ones?

I have heard the term "timepiece" used before, I think it depends on the person and the watch. I guess the term "timepiece" sounds more classy, and if you're buying a watch that was handmade for several years as some of the super expensive ones are (like, the ones from 30,000-1,000,000 and up), you might be obliged to call it a "timepiece." But nowadays, with a thriving Asian market mass producing cheap but surprisingly decent mechanical watches, I think the term "watch" is used by a lot of people. Watch price is pretty much decided by how much time is spent on the watch, how much finishing is done to the watch, what materials are used, and how many complications the watch has (complications being watch functions). Anyway, there are no "timepieces" in my future for a long time. :p

Dyne
06-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Hahaha, yeah. I always thought it was a funny term. There's no real elitist term for sunglasses so I was just wondering.

Also: we might as well start a new thread. :cool:

Swan
05-15-2010, 12:24 AM
No question, he made Kindergarten Cop

v1zzy
05-15-2010, 03:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlQ0qJxaGo

MURDOCK I'M COMING TO GET YOU!!!