PDA

View Full Version : What's your ultimate TV show? And also, recommend some shows here

Aladuf
05-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Title says it. What is your "Ultimate TV show"? I have 2 that are basically at a tie, Arrested Development and Entourage. If you guys have never watched either I HIGHLY suggest watching them. In fact, Arrested Development is available for free on Hulu.com and it's all legal and stuff (just so I don't get in trouble :P) So give it a try.

Ol' BaB's can't deny that AD is greatness.. that is the thing that got us to start talking over the internets.. oh the death threats were fun times.

So puh-lease! Tell me your favorite tv show and maybe pop in a couple of suggestions because I'm looking for some things to watch over the summer.

Renwood
05-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm. I love Larry David.

Aladuf
05-26-2008, 10:59 PM
CYE is beast, I need to catch up on season 6. I never got around to it.

GameMaster
05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm currently blasting my way through Nip/Tuck. Which is a damn good show.

The most recent shows I just finished were The Wire and Mad Men. They were really good too. A lot of people love Dexter also. And I heartily approve it.

House and LOST are good shows to watch too since they're both discussed here.

gekko
05-26-2008, 11:27 PM
The Unit.

Renwood
05-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Law & Order usually impresses me, not because it is ever great, but because it never seems to be outright bad. Its a consistent show that I will watch if I have nothing to do and its on.

Dyne
05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Huh. I swear we just had this thread. More accurately, "which show would you bring on a tropical island."

No matter. Here are my favourite TV shows, copied over from Facebook:

Miami Vice,
Buffy The Vampire Slayer,
Arrested Development,
House MD,
How I Met Your Mother,
The Office,
Lost,
Firefly,
Clone High,
Stella,
Metalocalypse,
Shogun (TV miniseries),
Flight of the Conchords,
Desperate Housewives

Currently I'm watching The Office BBC disc 1, and Buffy Season 3 disc 4, and House Season 3 disc 4. I just bought the Office BBC and Angel so they haven't registered on my scale yet.

Why is Miami Vice my top show? I like drama. I like action. I love unintentional generation-gap comedy AND written comedy. I also like style, and I also like music. Miami Vice is puts a lot of elements and makes a full circle out of them. Plus, it single-handedly revived the "scene" in Miami.

Bond
05-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I would whole heartedly recommend House M.D., How I Met Your Mother, and LOST.

But since all three of those shows have been discussed in detail, I would also recommend Grey's Anatomy. I know, probably not a show that is going to be very popular here, but it really is a decent drama. Combine that with interesting medical situations and you have a very good show.

Aladuf
05-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Hmm.. I think I'm gonna have to take bits and pieces of what everyone said/is saying in here and have a sampler of a lot of them over the summer.

Dyne
05-27-2008, 12:46 AM
But since all three of those shows have been discussed in detail, I would also recommend Grey's Anatomy. I know, probably not a show that is going to be very popular here, but it really is a decent drama. Combine that with interesting medical situations and you have a very good show.

Yeah, my girlfriend and her mother both like it. (I think just for Patrick Dempsey, hah.) It looks good but I don't have the time to watch another medical drama, hahaha.

BreakABone
05-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Well this ruins my summer TV thread BLEH!

Currently looking for shows to watch over the summer as well.

Aladuf
05-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I may ask to have the title changed to something about "summer tv show thread"... I kinda thought of that after I made this.

Bube
05-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I would whole heartedly recommend House M.D., How I Met Your Mother, and LOST.

Guess we have the same tastes - I watch Lost, House and Grey's Anatomy, and want to start watching How I Met Your Mother.

GA started out all serious then got a little too dramatic, but I still like it a lot.

I would also have to add Scrubs, Monk and NCIS to the list.

Renwood
05-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Scrubs seasons 1-3 are ace. It goes downhill sharply from there.