PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Part of Work

BreakABone
05-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Sitting here at the computer trying to write 6 progress notes for my resident. And I come to the realization I hate these blasted things.

Basically, in order to properly bill the gov't for any client we house we actually have to show we are you know helping them in some fashion. These come in the form of progress notes we are supposed to write every week.

Since the start of the month, my manager has told me to write 4 a week on anyone so I can get a handle on them which is fine. But Thursday he tells me to write on one particular person. And for the entire month. I hardly interacted with the person for one reason or another.

And I did the math even if I were to stretch it, I've only dealt with them 5 days out of the month and I need 6 notes. :(

To make it even worse, these notes have to fit certain criteria which I didn't do because you get so busy doing 100 other things. This blows.

Just needed to vent.

birdman
05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
The people. 60% of the customers are idiots.

Acebot44
05-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Having to the rely on the compliance and follow through of people other than myself.

I work as an enrollment liaison for a summer camp I'm also a counselor for. My job is basically to find around 200 kids from the LA area who qualify as being low-income (not hard to do) and set up and run presentation in which I can pitch to them the idea and opportunity of going to camp.
Now, whenever I have HAD a presentation, its gone astoundingly well and a majority of those present decide to sign up at the end. BUT, the hardest part of the whole process is just getting the chance in the first place.
School Principals are non-compliant douchebags, directors of Boys and Girls Clubs are self-centered and unmotivated twats, and city council members are bureaucratic sloths.
It's no wonder so many kids never get to experience camp, or get a chance to leave the slums for a while, or receive the attention and care that they all crave for and need to develop into a self-confidant individual.
Administrators are jacked.

BreakABone
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Having to the rely on the compliance and follow through of people other than myself.

I work as an enrollment liaison for a summer camp I'm also a counselor for. My job is basically to find around 200 kids from the LA area who qualify as being low-income (not hard to do) and set up and run presentation in which I can pitch to them the idea and opportunity of going to camp.
Now, whenever I have HAD a presentation, its gone astoundingly well and a majority of those present decide to sign up at the end. BUT, the hardest part of the whole process is just getting the chance in the first place.
School Principals are non-compliant douchebags, directors of Boys and Girls Clubs are self-centered and unmotivated twats, and city council members are bureaucratic sloths.
It's no wonder so many kids never get to experience camp, or get a chance to leave the slums for a while, or receive the attention and care that they all crave for and need to develop into a self-confidant individual.
Administrators are jacked.

Welcome back "Jumper"

Anyhow, that actually sounds like an interesting job aside from dealing with douchery but most jobs you do.
Know if they have any openings? :)

Acebot44
05-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Well the camp is specific to UCLA, so I'm guessing it be easier if you lived around here haha. I actually will have to stop working for them in a few weeks as I'll be going 9-5 for Disney's Law Offices over the summer, so you've got time to make a move to sunny smoggy los angeles and take over my job.

Fox 6
05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
The waking up, 3am shouldnt even be classified as morning. The actual work is so damn easy.

Typhoid
05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I actually like my new job.
I don't like the waking up, though.

Jason1
05-25-2008, 03:19 PM
It would be nice if I had a job. I was trying to get internship for this summer, I had a couple of interviews, but nobody hired me. Its really disgusting that grades dont really matter, its more or less who you know. I have a few friends that I KNOW had worse grades than me, yet they were hired at Caterpillar at 19 bucks an hour for the summer, and I was not, simply because their dads work there.

Dyne
05-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm fine with the waking up, but I hate getting there on time for some reason.

Swan
05-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Customers. I fucking hate customers so much.

Well people in general, but I will just say customers for now

DeathsHand
05-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I work the register during the lunch rush of a local sandwich shop in a part of town dominated by yuppies. The actual work is usually not hard.
But I'm not a social boy...

Every day I deal with a line to the door made up of people who have 15 minutes to order food, get their food, and get back to their important jobs.

Every single day after my super-long 4 to 6-hour shift, I leave work with my mind clouded over, my stomach achey and churney, my heart racing, and my legs feeling as though they are about to collapse.

But aside from my own personal mental shortcomings, I'd say when my boss tries to make me play the role of cook and cook up a batch of roux...

Nothing like standing over a hot pot of boiling flour and oil... It smells terrible... It's hot... It's very easy to ruin... And I didn't sign on to be a cook.

Aladuf
05-26-2008, 01:07 AM
The people. 60% of the customers are idiots.

60% huh? Not 70% not 50% but 60%?

Gotcha.

GameMaster
05-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Yes, definitely the customers. You can't develop a true hatred for people until you've worked a customer service job.

Ordinary people that you used to smile at in passing along town suddenly all turn into bunch of mother flucking idiots.

And it takes every fiber in your body to restrain yourself from ever calling them that. Unless you're in a position where you no longer need to work and you're looking for an easy way out of the job.

Jonbo298
05-26-2008, 03:20 AM
With current job, just making sure the offender's on GPS Monitoring are in compliance. Sometimes they are just complete idiots. Most though grasp what "X violation means do this".

Worst aspect overall is just the hours. One week is 3 12 hour days, next week is 4 12 hour days, rinse repeat. Work 7pm-7am so...yeah. The days off are very nice, but they come and go quickly. I manage. It's not the best job out there, but after doing various customer service jobs for about 2.5 to 3 years, it's a breath of fresh air.

BreakABone
05-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Seems like people and waking up are GT's main issues.

Well the camp is specific to UCLA, so I'm guessing it be easier if you lived around here haha. I actually will have to stop working for them in a few weeks as I'll be going 9-5 for Disney's Law Offices over the summer, so you've got time to make a move to sunny smoggy los angeles and take over my job.

That actually sounds tempting.
But it is only for the summer I take it?

birdman
05-26-2008, 12:19 PM
60% huh? Not 70% not 50% but 60%?

Gotcha.

45% of my statistics are made up on the spot.

Renwood
05-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I enjoy exerting my relative authority over teachers after many years of the reverse. Nets my penis a good 2 extra " (that's 5.08 cm for you Canadian folk).

I don't enjoy my boss handing me something to work on and then hovering while I do it.

KillerGremlin
05-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I dislike waking up so early and having to go to bed so early. Sleep is my number one enemy at work. My second least favorite part of work is dealing with some of the antique equipment they have where I work. A lot of the stuff just doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

BreakABone
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay did everyone on these boards decide to get an early morning job? :lolz:

I guess we can see where this goes.

But what time do you wake up/have to be at work?

Wake up: Roughly 4:50
At work: By 5:50 or so

DarkMaster
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Dont dislike anything about it actually. I go in whatever time I want, and I can work at home if I feel like it. I'm excited to go to work most days.

Renwood
05-26-2008, 10:47 PM
when I wake up

generally noon

Aladuf
05-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I actually enjoy my job, I work with a hot girl, and my manager is a crazy guy who is fucking awesome and gives me cash on top of my paycheck (truth).

The worst part about it is waking up via Alarm. *gag*

Fox 6
05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Wake up at 3:10am at work by 4am. fuck!

BreakABone
05-27-2008, 06:38 AM
I actually enjoy my job, I work with a hot girl, and my manager is a crazy guy who is fucking awesome and gives me cash on top of my paycheck (truth).

The worst part about it is waking up via Alarm. *gag*
don't you sometimes work in the afternoon?
How much does it suck being woken up by an alarm then? Really!

Wake up at 3:10am at work by 4am. fuck!
Sucks to be you!

Dont dislike anything about it actually. I go in whatever time I want, and I can work at home if I feel like it. I'm excited to go to work most days.

What do you do?

Or would you have to kill us?

Aladuf
05-27-2008, 04:09 PM
don't you sometimes work in the afternoon?
How much does it suck being woken up by an alarm then? Really!

I work in the afternoon but the shift starts in the morning. I have to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn (aka 10 am).

The Germanator
06-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I guess I have a good night time job...Typical "tour day" is this...

Wake up at about 9 AM, drive 6 hours to next city to load in and sound check by 5:30 or 6 PM...

Play a 45 minute- 1 hour set starting anytime from 9 PM - 12 AM...Drink if I'm not driving.

Hopefully get to bed by 2 AM, but probably more realistically 3 or 4 AM, and try to sleep in as much as possible before having to get in the van and drive more.

KillerGremlin
06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I work in the afternoon but the shift starts in the morning. I have to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn (aka 10 am).

I wish I could wake up at 10! Your sarcasm is killing me.