PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Day

MrCoffee
05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
So...somethin' you all, or mostly all have participated in. Today I go to convocation a student and come out a adult...Honestly I wasn't excited, now on the day of a have a little spark inside me, making me a little giddy. Annnnyway just curios of what every one else felt!:D

BreakABone
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Which time?

It was always a mixture of excitement and dread. Fear for the future and stuff like that.

College one bored me to tears though. Spent the time sending texts to my friends and playing sonic on my friend's cell phone.

Aladuf
05-23-2008, 12:17 PM
High Schools graduation was a fucking crazy time for me. Leading up to it I wasn't very excited but as it got closer I started thinking "Whoa! This is it, this is the day I've always waited for even when I was in 4th grade or whatever and I would say that I can't wait to graduate because I want school to be over!"

The ceremony was pretty cool because you're there with all of your friends and for me when we walked out when it was over we walked through all of the teachers who were lined up on two sides forming a path for us, that part was very very cool for me because I had a lot of teachers that I had a great time in their class. And there was one teacher who I had in my last year of middle school and again in my last year of High School (because he switched schools in between) and he stopped me then and shook my hand and said he was proud...fucking cool moment.

And after the ceremony that night we had an All-Night Grad Party. That was a fucking blast but sadly it was the last time I saw a lot of my "in-school" friends because they're all away at their colleges now.

Anyways! Have a blast, you've just made me go on an AWESOME trip to the past. It was 2 years ago in June when I graduated High School.

And speaking of college graduations, I really fear mine... I've been to my brothers graduation and it was B.R.U.T.A.L.

Swan
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I remember mine and Fox's.....we spent most of it playing Mario Kart on our DS's. And other then that I don't really remember it.

I do remember that I could not party that night because I had to work at 5 the next morning

Typhoid
05-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, for Grad itself, I was pretty excited. I didn't drink too much, because I wanted to actually remember the night. I did however smoke at the time, and probably smoked about a pack and a half that night. It was pretty awesome.

Commencement was pretty sweet. That's what made me really nervous. It was in a massive theatre downtown, which is pretty daunting. The principal that was on stage to shake our hands, was one that had followed from middle school to highschool, and me and him had a history or "getting to know eachother" in his office for a number of years - so on stage, I took all the chance I could to try fluster him, shook his hand, and gave him the most awkward giant hug ever.

That was pretty neat.

Dyne
05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, I got accepted into SFU fairly late, so I was just barely getting off of that high. By the prom I didn't know, but during convocation I did know. So it helped. :D

I also did get a surprisingly big cheer as I walked across, which I didn't expect at all.

Typhoid
05-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I was too busy talking to, and hug-molesting Zambrano to even remember.

GameMaster
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I felt relief. High school is over. No more homework! Yes!

Teuthida
05-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Both were boring.

High school was at Lincoln Center. Everyone was reading Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix since it just came out. All I remember about it.

And college was at Radio City Music Hall. Even more boring. All the speeches were about politics and how much Bush sucks. Blah blah blah. I left it early.

My sister's high school one from last year was at least somewhat entertaining since they had Kevin Spacey give the commencement speech. And her school was founded by Tony Bennett so he was there too.

Jason1
05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Both were boring.

High school was at Lincoln Center. Everyone was reading Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix since it just came out. All I remember about it.

And college was at Radio City Music Hall. Even more boring. All the speeches were about politics and how much Bush sucks. Blah blah blah. I left it early.

My sister's high school one from last year was at least somewhat entertaining since they had Kevin Spacey give the commencement speech. And her school was founded by Tony Bennett so he was there too.

Okay your graduation was in Lincoln and Radio City? My graduation was in my high school gymnasium, so stop bitching about your boring graduation.

Teuthida
05-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Wouldn't have minded that. Seems more proper to actually graduate in the building you're graduating from.

gekko
05-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Okay your graduation was in Lincoln and Radio City? My graduation was in my high school gymnasium, so stop bitching about your boring graduation.

Mine too.

I didn't care much for the HS graduation. In all honesty, I felt as if high-school graduation was handed to me. Despite transferring to a private HS and having a much tougher education, I still felt like everyone in the world who wants to graduates high-school and I didn't see it as an accomplishment. Or at least I felt that was back then.

I look forward to college graduation though, because it feels as though I actually need to put in the time to earn it. I've spent more time on school in the first year here than I ever did in my entire life, combined. It doesn't feel like any of the classes are easy, and it doesn't feel like I'm going to be handed a piece of paper when I walk out the door. I used to think writing a 3 page paper was horrible, and yet my first assignment in computer graphics had a 37 page write-up to go along with the code. When, and if I make it out of here, I think I'll have a completely different outlook on what it took to earn the paper.

Personally, I can't wait.

KillerGremlin
05-26-2008, 10:44 PM
High School graduation didn't really do anything for me. I mean, it's not that hard to graduate high school. It was a fun time. Now, as I move towards graduating college, I feel a slightly greater sense of accomplishment, but at the same time I'm in a confusing transitional stage with my degree. I do expect to appreciate graduating college much more than high school