PDA

View Full Version : V-Day Has been Declared

BreakABone
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
And one nation.. or I should say a United Nation stands firm as the sole survivor of the first TavernWars.

It was a nicely contested battle for a bit, but some soldiers started getting disheartened and it showed with the UN pretty much sweeping the latter portion of the contest.

So now I guess we can offer up some feedback here. What worked. What didn't work. What you would like to see next time around. Stuff like that.

And don't worry no criticism too harsh, I will just edit the post and ask for you to be banned. ;)

Typhoid
05-17-2008, 04:31 PM
My interest just generally dwindled towards the end.
No real fault on the game itself.
Maybe add more bits about raping next time, and it might be right up my alley.

BreakABone
05-17-2008, 04:36 PM
My interest just generally dwindled towards the end.
No real fault on the game itself.
Maybe add more bits about raping next time, and it might be right up my alley.

Hmm I guess you caught that little bit. :p

Personally speaking, I know that Swan as well as my interest begin to wane near the end.

I was thinking of making it a more straight-forward competition next time. Instead of going through the entire process of elimination and stuff. Sets of teams that compete and get points based on winning.

And at the end of a pre-determined amount of contest team with most points win.

Yoda9864
05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Woooooooo!

Improvements:
-Challenges at more regular intervals. Or at least, concrete times when challenges will be posted. I know a lot of times weren't met and some were posted with no warning at all.
-More active people, lol
-If we had more active players, perhaps a reward or some type of incentive to play.
-No team wins. Individual contests might promote wanting to show up for a challenge.

I liked the 'first person to post in each minute challenge'.

thatmariolover
05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
It was a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed the series of cartoon clips (mostly just because I think I got every one :p).

Yoda9864
05-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Actually post the results of the challenges instead of just "These guys won..."

I would like to know what the other team did. Or how we did for that matter. I want to know all of the cartoons and theme songs. You obviously tallied results so that you could declare a winner, why not post what you tallied?

Jason1
05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
My suggestion for next time:

Dont have the challenge during finals week. That is all.

manasecret
05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Manbearpigs win, niiiice.

I'd suggest the other teams win more. Then they might be more interested. :p

But seriously, I particularly liked the photo challenges, and the time challenges. Also that mash-up of video game characters was really well done. That should be one of those pics that floats the internet.

Any chance I could have access back to the UN forum? I'd like to grab that photo challenge post.

jeepnut
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
My suggestion for next time:

Dont have the challenge during finals week. That is all.

Seconded.

Fox 6
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I suggest that only people who are serious about playing play. 2 of my team did basically nothing, and others did minimal, Happy was my only real support ;) . That was a big factor and really i didnt want to play due to it.