PDA

View Full Version : Headphones help

Teuthida
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
My second pair of the same headphones just died in one ear like the previous pair before them. So I have a complete working pair of headphones between the two. Rather than buy a new pair of headphones I'm trying to see if it's possible to plug one pair in the speaker jack and the other where headphones usually go so that both will have sound coming out of them and can have one complete working pair. But once the headphone jack is occupied the other jack goes mute. Is there a way to bypass this so that sound comes out of both? I've been messing with the sound settings for a while now but so far no luck. Using XP. Thanks.

GameMaster
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM
You need to get a splitter. Can be found at Best Buy or Radio Shack. It plugs into the headphone port of your PC and then on the end it provides two outlets to plug headphones into. So two people could use headphones.

Or in your case, one person could use two pairs of broken headphones. :p

http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/images/items/435/65435-sisiuhps.jpg

Dyne
05-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but splitters cost more than dollar-store headphones.

Angrist
05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Can't you just attach 1 working earpiece to the wire of the broken earpiece and then ducttape it?

Teuthida
05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Well thanks anyway guys. Just mangled them trying to connect the wires. Ah well, time to get a new pair...maybe ones that won't break after a year.