PDA

View Full Version : The Next Star Fox!

Ginkasa
05-06-2002, 10:50 PM
For those who have been hoping for a more traditional Star Fox instead of Star Fox Adventures... good news! Nintendo and Namco are doing a joint project to make the new Star Fox game with the Triforce arcade hardware, like Nintendo and Sega with F-Zero GC/AC.

Here's the link:

Another Star Fox Soars (http://cube.ign.com/articles/358/358622p1.html)

BreakABone
05-06-2002, 10:57 PM
Well, I had these brainstorm (Well as long as Goomba doesn't come to this site, it is my idea)

You know how Rare said that Falco would be going solo, and the fact that Falco was included in SSBM as a playable character (The simple fact is he was the only character in the game who didn't hjave a major role in a game. Heck, Peach plays more important roles)
Well, I was thinking that this new StarFox could star Falco. I mean:

1-It wouldn't water down the Fox character
2-It would give room for two games
3-It will have a new star but still remain close to the StarFox universe
4-Falco is cool

GameKinG
05-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Falco would actually be a pretty good idea.

Neo
05-06-2002, 11:19 PM
D'oh you beat me to it. Only by about 30 min, though.

Insiders out of Japan allege that the Namco is currently working jointly with Nintendo on a brand new Star Fox title for GameCube. The new project, underway for a short period already, is said to be a straight 3D shooter "in the traditional style of the series." The title is in development on Nintendo's Triforce arcade hardware, according to sources. No other concrete details about the game are available at this time.

Shadow_Link
05-07-2002, 10:07 AM
Are some of you thinking what I'm thinking? Could this game be in the mould of 'Sin and Punishment'? In other words, Starfox with out the space crafts?

Whatever way they decide to choose, they better make it good. And as long as it is on rails, well, for the most part that is, it will be cool.

C.H
05-07-2002, 12:55 PM
I do hope that this is true, it'll be great to have a traditional star fox game as well. The possibility of two star fox games is great, considering he hasn't exactly had very many of his own games. Guess we'll have to wait for an official statement as to whether it's true or not.

Angrist
05-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Are some of you thinking what I'm thinking? Could this game be in the mould of 'Sin and Punishment'? In other words, Starfox with out the space crafts?

Whatever way they decide to choose, they better make it good. And as long as it is on rails, well, for the most part that is, it will be cool. No, the rumors say it's "in the traditional style of the series." And it's better that way! :D

Ginkasa
05-07-2002, 04:07 PM
You know what I think would be cool? If we got to play as Fox's dad (name?) and do the prequel thing. I think that would be awesome.

Bond
05-07-2002, 04:19 PM
I am actually excited about a GameCube game, wow.

Star Fox was one of the best games for the Nintendo 64 by far, hopefully this game will be great also.

Angrist
05-07-2002, 04:56 PM
You know it will! :D

I wonder what Namco is going to work on... and they better have a good story line! Not another remake! :(

fingersman
05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Bond
I am actually excited about a GameCube game, wow.

Star Fox was one of the best games for the Nintendo 64 by far, hopefully this game will be great also.

Yeah starfox for N64 was one of the best games in the 64 library....let's hope the one that is coming for GC is better....if it is ......it's going to be a must have title. :D

GameMaster
05-08-2002, 08:14 PM
I'm just so happy it's sticking to the traditional style of Star Fox and not another weird out-of-the-ship, dinosaur themed game... :unsure: