PDA

View Full Version : The first (weekly?) interview! Professor S

thatmariolover
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
When I first started my run for modship, I made grand promises of weekly interviews. I decided to start with the staff, and Professor S has kindly stepped up to the task.

A quick note before we start, I am having some nose surgery this coming Monday. But I will do my best to keep these weekly.

1)If you could, I'd like to start off with your first name, your age, and your hometown.

My name is Kurt, I'm 31 years old and I live in Mount Penn, PA

2)What are your favorite hobbies and/or pastimes? How long have you been doing them?

My favorite hobbies are gaming (about 25 years), comics (2 years when a kid, and now a full time addict), gardening and lawn care (a little over a year), cooking and restoring antique furniture (same as gardening). The gardening and furniture restoration seemed to come with getting married and buying a house.

3)Where are you at in life right now? Do you have long term plans, or are you a day at a time guy?

I'm currently happily married and working on restoring my 1918 craftsman-style home. I run the training and customer service department for the 5th largest MLS (Multiple Listing Service) in the western hemisphere and that takes up a lot of my time. Right now my priorities are to build job experience in management and build wealth so my wife and I can have kids in 2-3 years and she'll be able to stay home with the kids (her idea, shocked the shit out of me).

4)What do you get out of Gametavern that keeps you coming back?

Intelligent conversation about gaming and other geek related topics. Other forums are filled with trolls or slack-jawed retards.

5)What are your top 3 favorite websites (within reasonable taste)?

Gametavern, Google/Wikipedia (Google always seems to take me to Wikipedia), Politico, Toms Hardware and C-Net. Honorable mentions: Home Depot, NewEgg, Kotaku, Penny Arcade, Foxnews and CNN

6)Do you frequent any other web forums?

Not really. I tried joining Sherdog's forum (MMA forum) but I find MMA sites are entirely composed of idiots (surprise, surprise)

7)You're stranded on a desert island and you have one video game with you (and the means to play it). Which game is it?

Right now? GTAIV as I am addicted to it. All time? Oblivion, because I'll never finsh playing that game. I'm convinced there is no end... or even a point really... its fun... kind of...

8)While you're on the island, an unmanned cargo ship carrying a lifetime supply of a single drink beaches itself. What drink are you hoping for?

If said island had lime and/or lemon trees: Bluecoat Gin. No trees, and I had a teapot and fire: Earl Grey. No teapot or fire: Monster energy drink.

9)And just because I had to do it for the mod interview: If you could give thatmariolover one thing, what would it be?

A bucket of kettle corn with chocolate drizzle.

Also, a little fluff for BaB:

10) BaB being your favorite member, what would you say his top 3 defining qualities are?

He likes wrestling, he likes comics, and he rarely talks to me

11) How often do you find yourself wanting to be BaB?

The second tuesday of every other month

12) Please write a haiku that summarizes your steadfast commitment to BaB.

No.

13) Have you ever dedicated anything you've done to show BaB how much you appreciate Him? If so, what? And if not, why?

This has grown tiresome...

14) BaB: The Perfect Member, or Greatest Member of All Time?

It is impossible for BaB to achieve either mark, as GameMaster has already taken them both.

15) If you could get even with BaB for making me include these questions, how would you do so?

A swift kick in the balls

Dylflon
05-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Do I smell a pulitzer?

Professor S
05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
If anyone else would like to ask me a question, they can feel free. I'm pretty open about pretty much everything.

Dyne
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
If you became the producer of a major motion picture with a budget of $40 mil, what would you make it about?

Typhoid
05-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Every good interview ends with "A swift kick in the balls."

KillerGremlin
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
brilliant...

the interview thing was a good idea, now hopefully you actually find time to interview everyone :p

KillerGremlin
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
If anyone else would like to ask me a question, they can feel free. I'm pretty open about pretty much everything.

what what, in the butt?

Professor S
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
If you became the producer of a major motion picture with a budget of $40 mil, what would you make it about?

I've actually been working on an outline for a zombie film that concentrates on the effect it has on a family, rather than a group of random people. I would invest in that.

Dyne
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I've actually been working on an outline for a zombie film that concentrates on the effect it has on a family, rather than a group of random people. I would invest in that.

So like, fleshing out 28 Weeks Later? Nice.

BreakABone
05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I would like to ask some follow-up question.

When BaB is immortalized, should it be in the form of a statue, a poem or some new creative venture?

What would you name a comic book about BaB?

Professor S
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
So like, fleshing out 28 Weeks Later? Nice.

Kind of, but not really. My effort is to try and concentrate on more intimate themes than other zombie films. More about codependence, hope and its destruction, than the socio-political.

Professor S
05-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I would like to ask some follow-up question.

When BaB is immortalized, should it be in the form of a statue, a poem or some new creative venture?

What would you name a comic book about BaB?

Profesor S:blowingup BaB

KillerGremlin
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
They need to make a MMORPG that is zombie-survival style. I would actually pay to play that. Left 4 Dead looks like a pretty cool STEAM mod, and Zombie Panic! Source is actually pretty fun, despite being incredibly...underdeveloped.

Aladuf
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Good interview, it was interesting... keep it up TML.

Renwood
05-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you, or have you ever been, a flipper baby?

jeepnut
05-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I am looking forward to future installments.

Aladuf
05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
When's my interview? OR AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH?! HMM?!

Professor S
05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Are you, or have you ever been, a flipper baby?

No, but I dressed up as one for holloween in college.