PDA

View Full Version : Ello Everybody

Teuthida
05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, after the gazillonth link to the forum from BaB, figured I'd return and say hi...now that I have stuff to promote. :D

You can buy my first published comic here: Planet Lovecraft Magazine (http://planetlovecraftmagazine.com/)
...although it is free to read online elsewhere...

And I just finished this 22-pager entitled Nightshift (http://www.comicspace.com/sleepman/comics.php?action=gallery&comic_id=20539), which I'm not too crazy about...but it is quite educational in regards to a certain small mammal.

So, how's everyone been?

Fox 6
05-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome back. Missed your art stylings around this joint.

Renwood
05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
http://brodeo.us

Aladuf
05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Somewhere in the time when you were gone I joined these forums, pretty much immediately ran for Mod, had another Mod fudge the polls in my favor (unbeknownst to me, mind you), and eventually lose the election.

Nice to meet you!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/EvilTaru/gladtomeetya.gif

BreakABone
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Somewhere in the time when you were gone I joined these forums, pretty much immediately ran for Mod, had another Mod fudge the polls in my favor (unbeknownst to me, mind you), and eventually lose the election.

Nice to meet you!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/EvilTaru/gladtomeetya.gif

You can use my name.
Danny knows what I do. :p

And er "welcome back"

Professor S
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Good yo have you back! Please stay and continue to delight us with your work! BTW, I will be purchasing that Magazine.

Are you a fan of Ryan Ottley or Jason Howard? I ask because I think I see a little of their influence in your work... who are your influence/who do you like?

EDIT: Do you sell any of your pieces? I collect comic art (or I'm starting to) and I currently have a few of Charlie Adlards pen and inks from Walking Dead and I'm trying to put together a nice sewries from Ottley's work on Invincible (people keep buying up the pieces I need to tell the story!). I ask because I'm very interested in your Sistine Chapel take on Cthulu mythos.

Teuthida
05-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Nice you meet you as well. I was once a mod....don't believe it was here...but the site this sprung from. Not missing much. ;)

Good yo have you back! Please stay and continue to delight us with your work! BTW, I will be purchasing that Magazine.

Are you a fan of Ryan Ottley or Jason Howard? I ask because I think I see a little of their influence in your work... who are your influence/who do you like?

EDIT: Do you sell any of your pieces? I collect comic art (or I'm starting to) and I currently have a few of Charlie Adlards pen and inks from Walking Dead and I'm trying to put together a nice sewries from Ottley's work on Invincible (people keep buying up the pieces I need to tell the story!). I ask because I'm very interested in your Sistine Chapel take on Cthulu mythos.

Thanks a bunch. Just a note of warning: they stretched out my comic to fit the magazine dimensions which kind of sucks.

The Ottley influence is that apparent huh? Yeah, he's pretty much my favorite comic artist right now. I'm a big fan of Invincible.

I haven't tried to sell anything yet. I'm actually using that Cthulhu piece for a promotional flyer right now. Going to shop around my portfolio at the San Diego Comic Con this July for prospective employers and would like to have that pic with me. After that I'll see about selling it to you if you're still interested.

Professor S
05-13-2008, 04:04 PM
The Ottley influence is that apparent huh?

I noticed it in Horace's angular facial expressions mostly. Felix is more of a departure and looks great. I think you're anatomy and musculature are unique from Ottley, though, and their sweeping and linear nature when in motion reminded me a little of Howard's earlier work on the book but I think its mainly your own.

Yeah, he's pretty much my favorite comic artist right now. I'm a big fan of Invincible.

Thats my favorite book out now as well. Its been great seeing Ottley imporve from book to book, like in the beginning when he seemed to be trying to "copy" Jason Howard and then quickly found his own voice and style.

I haven't tried to sell anything yet. I'm actually using that Cthulhu piece for a promotional flyer right now. Going to shop around my portfolio at the San Diego Comic Con this July for prospective employers and would like to have that pic with me. After that I'll see about selling it to you if you're still interested.

Please do. That was my desktop wallpaper for almost a year, much to my wife's annoyance, and she'll LOVE it when I have it framed above my desk in the conservatory.

Dyne
05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey! Great to see you back. Do you still have time for games? Mario Galaxy is amazing.

Teuthida
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Please do. That was my desktop wallpaper for almost a year, much to my wife's annoyance, and she'll LOVE it when I have it framed above my desk in the conservatory.

:D

Hey! Great to see you back. Do you still have time for games? Mario Galaxy is amazing.

*sigh* Sadly I don't. :( Never even touched a next (this) gen console. Plus I gave away my DS to my girlfriend for safe keeping. She became quite the Castlevania addict as a result. :)

I did manage to play Portal a couple of months ago though. Great fun.

Dylflon
05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Danchastuthida!

How are you, old friend?

jeepnut
05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Hello Monkey.

GameMaster
05-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome home. :)

So, are you like done with school?

Teuthida
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Graduate tomorrow.

gekko
05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Lucky you.

I noticed the comic says "Illustrated Weird Horror." Sounds just like you.

Teuthida
05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Indeed...although the horror portion hurt me with Scholastic.

Had a job fair yesterday. Everyone liked the Cthulhu pic the Prof wants to buy and was disappointed I had nothing else like it.

A rep from Scholastic's television programming divison liked my other stuff, but said it was far too violent. Wants me to send in some funny comics in the same style but for kids.

An editor from Vertigo wants me to send in pages from the published comic...but said the girl's eyes were too close together and wants me to fix that first. Another editor from there wrote down my name for a possible inking position.

The Marvel rep never showed up. :(

The most critical guy there was from Google. Apparently he's in charge of changing the logo according to the holiday. A real indie comic fan...wanted my stuff to be more messy..."It should look like you drew it on napkins in a coffee shop." Yeah...

And the most likely place to hire me is- well, said would contact me by the end of the month. If it goes through I'll let you guys know. Pretty cool if it works out.

Dyne
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
The most critical guy there was from Google. Apparently he's in charge of changing the logo according to the holiday. A real indie comic fan...wanted my stuff to be more messy..."It should look like you drew it on napkins in a coffee shop." Yeah...

Hahaha, what the hell? That's the most dickish art comment I've ever heard.