PDA

View Full Version : 5 Upcoming comic-book movies that must be stopped

Fox 6
05-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Welll with Iron Man (which kicked ass) out and The Hulk coming out I thought you might like to see some .... interesting ideas that Hollywood has ripped form the pages, and why they will be terrible.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15679_5-upcoming-comic-book-movies-that-must-be-stopped.html

Dyne
05-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Enh, Green Lantern could still be good. But the rest of those look terrible.

GameMaster
05-05-2008, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't write Sub-Mariner off yet. Chris Columbus is a pretty good director. It's just kind of a lame super hero.

Green Lantern could be really cool if the right pair of hands were handling the project.

I'd say Luke Cage is the worst one of them all. Not being racist or anything. It's just the lamest story-line and most laughably, ridiculous character.

It would be perfectly paired with Eddie Murphy, since every movie that guy is in now is absolute horse shat.

Professor S
05-05-2008, 08:45 AM
The buzz around the Thor cript is actually VERY positive, which I find a bit shocking considering the character, but then again I thought Iron Man was a bad idea at first (until Downey was attached)... so what do I know...

BreakABone
05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I really would like to see a Green Lantern movie.

But even more, I want a Question movie. :D

Swan
05-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I really would like to see a Green Lantern movie.

But even more, I want a Question movie. :D

A question movie would be quite sweet. It would totally have to have a noir feel to it though.

BreakABone
05-05-2008, 05:43 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDBxlOfJnoQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xDBxlOfJnoQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

For those not familar with who The Question is.

GameMaster
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
How does he conceal his face like that?

Swan
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
The Question's mask is made from Pseudoderm, a substance made by Doctor Aristotle Rodor. According to the revamps of 52, this substance was developed using technology lifted from an old Batman foe named Bart Magan (Dr. No Face) and Gingold Extract, a fruit derivative associated with the Elongated Man. The Question's series by Denny O'Neil presented Pseudoderm as Rodor's attempt to build an artificial skin for humanitarian purposes.

The Question's specialized belt-buckle, which releases a gas that binds his mask and temporarily recolors his garb, is similar to that of the Spider-Man villain Chameleon. In his initial appearances, which were drawn by Steve Ditko, the Chameleon had used a device in a belt buckle which emitted a transformation-enhancing gas. It is possible that Ditko used that as inspiration for the Question
A little lengthy but more or less explains it. Thank you wikipedia