PDA

View Full Version : Things you lost and you would love to find again

Angrist
05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
As I was digging through a pile of clothes I suddenly thought "What if I found my lost ditigal camera here?" followed by "I wouldn't be excited, because I have a new one now..."

That made me think:

What kind of precious things have you lost?
And if you would be able to find one thing again, what would it be??

Seth
05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
love.
love.

Typhoid
05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I havent lost anything important and tangible that I haven't found again.

Dyne
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I once lost my copy of Goof Troop. :(

I also wouldn't mind finding my old pairs of sunglasses. I used to have a rayban-ish one with green arms with holes in the sides, and also an oakley-style blue pair that I bought at Disneyland. :(

The Germanator
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Hmm....My friends and I once made a batch of movies on cassette tapes back in the day which were hilarious at the time and would probably be even funnier now that it's been 10 years later, but they were lost when we moved houses at some point and have never been recovered. I'd love to watch our classics like "The Killing of a Sammy Dog", "99 Ways to Die", and some others, but I doubt they will ever be recovered.

DeathsHand
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I honestly don't ever really lose anything ever...

With the exception of two things:

I lost my copy of Upright Citizens Brigade Season 2... I only ever leave my DVDs in one of 3 different places, but this one magically disappeared...

And second, when I was younger I had a copy of Final Fight Guy for SNES... A few years ago when I found out that it was a fairly rare title that was released in small quantities as a rental-only, I began to wish I knew where it ran off to... Even though if I found it, I'd just shove it in a box with the rest of my SNES games...

Or if you're looking for something more along the lines of sentimental value, waaaaay back when I was like 5-6 years old, me and my friends would goof around recording things with this little audio tape recorder I had... It'd be neat to find those tapes, but more than likely they were just tossed out years ago...

flamb
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
man when i was like 5 i had these really cool little space army toy guys, and my thinking was that since they were my favourite i had to preserve them, so i went down by some stream and buried them in the sand, and put a stick poking up so id be able to find them, then the next day i was like "whyd i do that" so i went back and the stick was gone and i couldnt find the little guys.
i dug like 10 holes in the area looking to no avail

GameMaster
05-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh, let's see, childhood innocence?

Thinking Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the rest of the holiday crew were real.

Those 3 glorious months of summer vacation that felt more like 9 months off. Where the only things on my to-do list were play Sega Genesis or go swimming at the local swim club.

Playing with friends at recess. Field trips.

Trick-or-treating.

Watching those classic cartoons of the 90's after school and waking up at 6:30 or 7 AM on Saturdays to watch morning cartoons.

Having homework that consisted of one page of basic arithmetic, writing a 5-8 sentence paragraph, or doing a simple crossword puzzle with vocabulary words. Studying for spelling tests (haha).

God. We had it so easy.

Sure, the internet didn't exist. And yet how sad is it that I even say that. As if my life had some gaping hole in it before I had internet. It didn't. I was fine. I had tons of fun.

Ah look at me, rambling on like some Irish seafarer. Tis enough stories for one day, me lads. Go along now.

Swan
05-03-2008, 09:50 PM
My MP3 player.....which I lost last night.

Damn it.

thatmariolover
05-03-2008, 11:28 PM
My Purple (Indigo!) Game Boy Color. Man I was distraught at the time.

Angrist
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I forgot to post in my own thread. :(

So even though I've lost a digital camera, a bag full of clothes and some other stuff, one of the things I miss most is a simple poster. It was a gift from my aunt and it had a cool crouching tiger with a moon behind him. I was fascinated by the simple but beautiful drawing of the plants around him.
I'd love to find it again, or at least a picture on the internet, but I'm afraid it's gone for good.

Zen
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
back in 94 pepsi had this promo where you could trade bottle caps for trading cards and keep them in an album, they were marvel and dc related, i had the complete freaking set, poof gone!

http://mmedia.anuntis.com/MEX/2007/12/09/26304086/56529170.jpg

pic sucks but only one i could find on a quick search

Teuthida
05-21-2008, 01:58 PM
That brings me back. I used to collect Marvel cards back around 92-93. I had a few binders worth and meticulously made sure they were in order with each new pack I bought. All gone now. Recently fought my old basketball cards...but it's just not the same.

Renwood
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
my muse

cd

KillerGremlin
05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I lost this cool watch I had in 6th grade...it was my first watch, I really liked it. That set me back from wearing a watch for like 2 years.