PDA

View Full Version : The Office/Scrubs: Comedy Done Right 5/1/08

BreakABone
05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Also included is 30 Rock and My Name is Earl ( :mad: )

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jgDhrgkawec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jgDhrgkawec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

After Stanley snaps at Michael, he decides that Stanley needs an attitude adjustment. Dwight buys Andy's car. After spending the night at Jim's, Pam has an unexpected problem.

Elliot and J.D. realize that there has been a major change in their relationship after they spend time together looking after a former patient. Dr. Cox contemplates his new job title, whilst Carla and Turk talk about the possibility of a second baby.

Swan
05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Scrubs is easily one of my favorite shows right now. It's a shame I have not been keeping up with the current season as much as I would like to be

GameMaster
05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh man, I can't wait to watch The Office. That's the only reason for Thursday's existence. And Stanley's reactions to Michael are always so damn funny. Those crazy face expressions.

I loved that scene in season 1 when Michael saw a picture on Stanley's desk of two young African-American girls and he commented on how they were hot or something, and Stanley was like, "Those are my daughters!"

I have the first couple of episodes of 30 Rock downloaded because I wanted to see what this show is all about but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Last night I just started watching Nip/Tuck. First impressions; it's a pretty awesome show.

BreakABone
05-01-2008, 08:36 PM
JD has some really weird fantasies.

And wow at The Todd.

Happydude
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Scrubs is easily one of my favorite shows right now. It's a shame I have not been keeping up with the current season as much as I would like to be
scrubs seasons 1 2 and 3 were awesome!!!! but it kind of went REALLY downhill from there...so i really haven't been watching it, at all. so you're saying it's good again?

The Germanator
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Scrubs can be pretty good at times from what I've seen from the Comedy Central reruns, but some of the "dramatic" moments are just so damn cheesy that it made me stop watching the show. I just thought the funny elements were pretty well done, but the "dramatic" elements fell flat on their face. I blame Zach Braff...Exactly how I felt about Garden State.

GameMaster
05-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Well, the Office was just okay tonight. I didn't have any major laughter moments.

The confrontation between Michael and Stanley was kind of touching. It was one of those brief scenes in the show where they deliver a sensitive moment. Even though Stanley doesn't respect him, he agreed not to speak poorly of Michael in front of the other employees.

And of course, we can't ignore Angela's reaction as Dwight dupes Andy by turning his old car over for a profit. Definitely hints at Angela going back with Dwight.

Oh, and how about the heat between Jim and Ryan? There's definitely some tension there. Ryan transformed into a prick ever since he was promoted so I'm waiting for him to get fired or demoted. And you can see that happening at some point with his hinted-at drug problem and the whole Dundler-Mifflin online interface failing so far. It'd be great to see him demoted and sent back to work under Michael again.

Jason1
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I think Jim will propose to Pam by the end of this season.