PDA

View Full Version : resident evil gcn question

The_Dunadan
05-05-2002, 05:11 PM
i went into the hallway that leads to the snake and richard whatever his last name was there and poisoned, like in the original. i went to go get him that serum and when i came back he was already dead:( i think he died in the original too but i read in a guide on the net that he doesn't die in this one. so, is that guide messed up or was i just too slow:( please tell me the guide is messed up, i hate it in games when my guys die and i could've saved em.

DeathsHand
05-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Seriously? That's weird... I've beat it twice (once with chris and once with Jill) and I've always saved Richard (err, at least saved him from the poison)... Maybe you took to long, or maybe it has something to do with the "path" you took prior to meeting richard..

And BTW, shouldn't this be in the NGC forum? :confused:

:D

Revival
05-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
And BTW, shouldn't this be in the NGC forum? :confused:
Looks like someone listened to you -- that's a first :p

;)

gekko
05-05-2002, 07:42 PM
He died in the original no matter what. I say kill him again :)

DeathsHand
05-05-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by gekko
He died in the original no matter what. I say kill him again :)

He dies in the NGC game too, but usually the serum keeps him alive long enough to... Get eaten.. :unsure:

Jason1
05-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey, he died for me too...so dont feel bad...but now I cant figure out what to do...I got the sereum, but hes allready dead. I figure, OK, and go through the door, kill the zombie, go into the dark room. Light the candle, then kill the zombie in the back room. Then I pick up the shotgun shells. I got all excited, thinking maybe I will get the shotgun, but no, no shotgun in the room. It looks like there is like a box or something on the floor in the little hidden room with the zombie, but Chris dosent seem to notice it...hmmm...anyways, I dont know what to do next, im thinking maybe that room with the knights has something to do with it, but I push them around for quite awhile, and they just keep poping out...is it something I havent done yet or am I just stupid. OK, so I push the button on the table thing in the middle of the room...poision comes in and I run out...so yea thats pretty much where I stand right now...dont know what to do next...if somebody wants to give me a little hint I wouldnt mind...

The_Dunadan
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
i started it over and saved him this time! i probably took too long last time when i went and got the grenade launcher and killed forest and that is why he died. this time i just did all that stuff before i went in to see him.

The_Dunadan
05-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Jason1
Hey, he died for me too...so dont feel bad...but now I cant figure out what to do...I got the sereum, but hes allready dead. I figure, OK, and go through the door, kill the zombie, go into the dark room. Light the candle, then kill the zombie in the back room. Then I pick up the shotgun shells. I got all excited, thinking maybe I will get the shotgun, but no, no shotgun in the room. It looks like there is like a box or something on the floor in the little hidden room with the zombie, but Chris dosent seem to notice it...hmmm...anyways, I dont know what to do next, im thinking maybe that room with the knights has something to do with it, but I push them around for quite awhile, and they just keep poping out...is it something I havent done yet or am I just stupid. OK, so I push the button on the table thing in the middle of the room...poision comes in and I run out...so yea thats pretty much where I stand right now...dont know what to do next...if somebody wants to give me a little hint I wouldnt mind...

there is something on the floor, music sheets. this is what to do in the knight room.....
-Have Jill push the FAR LEFT first.

-Have Jill push the CLOSER RIGHT STATUE next.

-Have Jill push the FAR RIGHT STATUE next.

-Have Jill push the FAR LEFT STATUE again.

-Have Jill push the CLOSER LEFT STATUE.

-Have Jill push the FAR RIGHT statue again.

-Have Jill push the CLOSER LEFT STATUE again.

then it is safe to press that button. i quit and saved after that.

Jason1
05-05-2002, 08:38 PM
yea, I saw that music note...I didnt pick it up though because, well, I couldnt carry any more items...:p

but, im trying to conserve ink cartridges, so since I didnt really accomplish anything, I didnt save it after I found out whats his name was allready dead, so I will have to kill those zombies again...too bad too, I had a head shot to one of em...

oh, and Dundan, thanks for the help but im playing as Chris, dont know if that matters...prolly dosent...how the hell would you figure that out on your own anyways?

The_Dunadan
05-05-2002, 08:42 PM
how the hell would you figure that out on your own anyways?

you have to be a game master like me:sneaky:

playing with chris is too hard! he has hardly any weapons or carrying places.

Jason1
05-05-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan

you have to be a game master like me:sneaky:

playing with chris is too hard! he has hardly any weapons or carrying places.

HA! Tell me about it, I hate running around like a damn fool going back and fourth from the damn Item boxes, the Handgun sucks, I never have enough ammo...Im thinking about just starting out with Jill, but I think im going to stick with Chris. At the very least, it gives me a decent reason to ask you guys for help.

BlueFire
05-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Hehe..Richard was funny in the original...He was spraying blood all over the place like a fountain. :D

manasecret
05-05-2002, 11:29 PM
I've heard from everyone at this board that Chris is harder. Is it only because he carries less or what's the deal?

I mostly really like this game, but I guess one minor complaint is that I started on "Hard" and it just became too hard for me to start off, and so I went to "Easy," and now it's way too easy. I have plenty of ammo for every weapon, except for that Derringer (sp?) :). And I have at least five health sprays and close to ten red-green mixes and a bunch of single greens and blues. I can't die...

Anyway, I'm going to play this game over a bunch so it doesn't really matter.

Oh yeah, and Richard died on me, too. But I actually started off wanting him to die; the serum was all the way in the other wing and I didn't care about some guy. So I tried just ignoring him, but the game seems to force you to go get the serum (I think it wouldn't let me in a room I hadn't been in yet). So I wasted some time before I went to get the serum.

db

quiet mike
05-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Richard is still alive on me. I got the serum quicly and we took him to the room close to the one where you get the broken shotgun. I am with Chris as well, and I also started on hard then on easy, and thought that it's not that bad, but you'll see once you have no more kerasine and the zombies start to jump in and become more agressive. Even if they are not super-sombies, they stil are harder to kill once you get to a certain time of play, and they start following you, opening doors etc.

I also am a master of gaming and find all the secrets by myself. Like the musketers pushing:

By the way you enter, all you have to do is push the last one on the right then the first one on the left, then the first one on the right, and you got it.

JoeCool007
05-06-2002, 07:57 PM
You know what, am I the only one that is really freaked out about that game? I bought it on Friday and me and my friend were playing it all weekend, he did a game as Chris, I did it as Jill, and I have barely gotten anywhere on my game, I only just got to the save room under the stairs *not the Med. one* and it's just too freaky, and I HATE WINDOWS!! I just cannot trust this game...But hopefully I will get some guts and move on... My friend however played it most of the time and he got to the residence past the courtyard, and after you meet Lisa...Yay!