PDA

View Full Version : server elves?

KillerGremlin
04-29-2008, 03:24 AM
has the forum been loading slowly for anyone besides me? i think you guys need more server elves :p

GameMaster
04-29-2008, 03:32 AM
I actually just got a couple of server time outs. And sometimes when I post a quick reply, it hangs indefinitely and actually never goes through. So I have to hit the old post button and go through it the old way.

Dyne
04-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Haven't noticed it, personally. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Happydude
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
actually, it's been fine other than when i have to edit a post...when i click "Save" it just hangs....every time...so i have to do it the old "advanced" way.

Dyne
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
actually, it's been fine other than when i have to edit a post...when i click "Save" it just hangs....every time...so i have to do it the old "advanced" way.

That I know happens to me too. I think it's just a problem with the current version of vB. As long as you click "Go Advanced" it's fine.

KillerGremlin
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, I haven't really had any issues with accessing Gametavern except for last night around 2 in the morning. The server kept timing out. Maybe it was just a random 2 in the morning crap out. Otherwise, it's been as creamy as butter for me.

Bond
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I haven't noticed any major problems.

Quick reply / editing posts does sometimes hang up for me, but as Dyne noted I believe it's an issue with this version of vB.

Hopefully everything is running smoothly. I try to update the search index every week or so and delete large, old attachments.

manasecret
04-29-2008, 02:02 PM
My theory is that the Quick Reply and Quick Edit don't work very well when you try to post a message that's too large. That seems to be the only time I have trouble with them. What's too large? I'm not sure the exact line, but if I'm posting more than three or four paragraphs or posting a lot of photos, I just go advanced.