05-05-2002, 04:56 PM
i just went to the Nintendo of Canada website, and this is what I found :

Resident Evil (Capcom) May 1
Resident Evil 2 (Capcom) Announced for 2002
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Capcom) Announced for 2002
Resident Evil 4 (Capcom) Announced for 2002
Resident Evil Zero (Capcom) Announced for 2002
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Capcom) Announced for 2002

Does this mean that GCN owners will have an all - RE 2002? This would be cool... But I doubt it would happen.

DeathsHand
05-05-2002, 05:00 PM
hmm? I thought I heard that like... RE, RE0, and RE2 would be out in 2002 or something.... :confused:

But I thought that at least RE4 was 2003...

Jin
05-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Why would Capcom want to release all 5 in one year. Wouldn't that hurt their sales some? I mean, who's got the money to buy 5 games of the same franchise in one year?:confused:

Joeiss
05-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Jin
Why would Capcom want to release all 5 in one year. Wouldn't that hurt their sales some? I mean, who's got the money to buy 5 games of the same franchise in one year?:confused:

Well... I think that the "die-hard" RE fans would buy all of the games... But I agree with you that releases them periodically would increase sales.

bobcat
05-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Jin

Ah the thing I hate about Capcom (assuming this is true).

Once they have a product that's successful (or doing "Ok"), they milk it like there's no tomorrow.

It's ok to Milk products I guess, but if your gonna milk it.............please do it properly :unsure:

Unfortunately this has lead to the demise of many Capcom franchises

Jin
05-05-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by bobcat

Unfortunately this has lead to the demise of many Capcom franchises

Mega Man, and Street Fighter come to mind.:unsure:

fingersman
05-05-2002, 07:48 PM
I personally don't see why Capcom is putting alll the ports of RE, when they have them on other systems...I don't think the 2 year old ports ( well 2 years give or take) are going to sell very well.
I think Capcom should just bring Re0, and RE4 and leave it as that.

Now suppose the ports don't sell well......what do you think Capcom might say?? They might say...well the GC isn't really selling the Re series. We may have to rethink the exclusive deal.

Oh well I hope it doesn't come to that....and yeah Capcom needs to think up of some new franchises....to take the play of the ones they milked and milked and milked and milked ...well you get the idea :D

Mushlafa
05-05-2002, 08:16 PM
I want a mega-man RPG...... has that been done?
Didnt they do that on GBA?

Whatever... i think its a bad idea to realease em all in one year, escpecialy if the gameplay is identical in each one.. it will feel like your playin the same game over and over again..... or maybe im just an idiot.

DeathsHand
05-05-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mushlafa
I want a mega-man RPG...... has that been done?
Didnt they do that on GBA?

Whatever... i think its a bad idea to realease em all in one year, escpecialy if the gameplay is identical in each one.. it will feel like your playin the same game over and over again..... or maybe im just an idiot.

That could be a bit of a problem.. cuz yeah all the RE games have had like the same gameplay, but they were released with at least a year between each one... releasing them all in such a short period of time could leave some people feeling a bit "blah" towards the whole series..

I think the ports could still sell well though even if they come out in a short period of time... although maybe not... y'see...

A lot of Nintendo fans might not have played at least 3 or CV before... And add into the mix them most likely costing no more than 20 bucks each (except maybe RE:CV, although that could still be cheap)... and that could still make them sell good..... BUUUT

The graphics... will look bad.. :D people would have played RE1 with it's great graphics and saw RE0 with similar graphics, and then go to playing almost PSX quality games? It would turn some away...

So it could go either way... good or bad...

But I still don't think they'll all be released this year :D

Blix
05-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Well... I think that the "die-hard" RE fans would buy all of the games... But I agree with you that releases them periodically would increase sales.
I would buy them if they sell them like for $20 like they did on the DC (The ports I mean). But if they sell them for more than $25 I won't buy even one.

BlueFire
05-05-2002, 10:50 PM
I don't know if it's me, but it seems doubtful that RE4 will be released this year. :unsure:

manasecret
05-05-2002, 10:56 PM
While playing RE 1 GCN, I was wondering about whether I would buy all of the ports if they were all completely revamped as 1 was. I mean, I think what makes RE 1 so cool is that it's been so long since it came out and also the wow factor. So would 2, 3, and CV with GCN graphics and some changed stuff sell as well? For me, if they were all released within a year or two I definitely wouldn't buy 'em, but if it was like one for every year I'm kinda not sure.

But Capcom isn't completely rebuilding each port, right? So I guess those would be really cheap (such as DC) for anyone that happens to want them or haven't played them (like, I don't think I've played 2, or 1 until now, but I have 3 and CV). And then everybody who's a fan would buy 0 and 4 because they are completely new.

Just something I was thinkin' about.

db

quiet mike
05-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
I personally don't see why Capcom is putting alll the ports of RE, when they have them on other systems...I don't think the 2 year old ports ( well 2 years give or take) are going to sell very well.
I think Capcom should just bring Re0, and RE4 and leave it as that.

Now suppose the ports don't sell well......what do you think Capcom might say?? They might say...well the GC isn't really selling the Re series. We may have to rethink the exclusive deal.

Actually they already know that the games won't sale as good as on the previous systems, but look at this.
Capcom already made the moceys on these games and porting it to GameCube will be a breeze with really minimal costs. And even if they sell only 100,000 copies world wide by the end of GameCube's life they still make extra profit on a game they didn't have to work on it again.

Capcom will port the games from the best versions they have, so they will posrt Dreamcast and PS2 versions, not PSX versions (I'm not sure if they ported RE2 to Dreamcast)

Having all the Games show up on Gamecube makes a few bucks as well as a bunch of fans happy to have the full collection on one system ala "collectors items"

GameKinG
05-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Actually this is fairly old news, and it did say all in 2002, though I find the last one may be pushed a year, maybe even the last 2.

fingersman
05-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by quiet mike

Actually they already know that the games won't sale as good as on the previous systems, but look at this.
Capcom already made the moceys on these games and porting it to GameCube will be a breeze with really minimal costs. And even if they sell only 100,000 copies world wide by the end of GameCube's life they still make extra profit on a game they didn't have to work on it again.

Capcom will port the games from the best versions they have, so they will posrt Dreamcast and PS2 versions, not PSX versions (I'm not sure if they ported RE2 to Dreamcast)

Having all the Games show up on Gamecube makes a few bucks as well as a bunch of fans happy to have the full collection on one system ala "collectors items"

Hmmmmmmmm didn't think of it that way...thanks Mike.

Oh yeah another thing about the RE series.....they should think about improving the GP and control elements. I think people get tired of the same format all the time. I mean sure if each game comes out with the same Graphics, that's going to be a norm and people will look at and probadly say...." hey it looks the same as the RE 1 remake....so after they look pass the graphics...they might look at the GP....and say "wtf ..nothings changed except the areas ...I'm not buying that game. "

I'm not saying all people will say this but I'm sure a few will....so I hope that Capcom's new GP in RE0 will really improve the GP of the series. I like the idea of dropping things on the spot and etc.
Now all they got to do is work on those controls. :D

One Winged Angel
05-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Jin

Mega Man, and Street Fighter come to mind.:unsure:

hah if u think that is bad, Army Men:-o

DeathsHand
05-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by NeonNightCloud

hah if u think that is bad, Army Men:-o

Hey, at least the army men games are good :errr:

;)

Notorious_1
05-07-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
I think Capcom should just bring Re0, and RE4 and leave it as that. Capcom said they wanted to bring all the RE games to Gamecube because not everyone who owns a Gamecube (or past Nintendo systems) has played all the RE games (assuming they didn't own other systems). They said it was a way of getting players acquainted with the series. They are releasing the games in a logical order too. First we get RE, then RE0, followed by RE2, RE3, RE:CV(X), and finally the long awaited RE4. I think it's a good idea simply because I haven't played all the RE games, just RE2 (on N64) and now RE (on Gamecube). It would be nice if they released RE2 and 3 on one disk (or bundled together), but either way, the games will be cheap:D

DeathsHand
05-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Notorious_1
and finally the long awaited RE4

Long awaited? I think RE0 was more "long awaited" than RE4, especially among Nintendo fans cuz it was always a Nintendo exclusive game (just before it was on N64), and we had actually seen it and heard what it was about... nobody even has any solid details of RE4 (not from when it was still a PS2 game, not now, not at all :p )... so yeah...

Just thought I'd point that out ;)

Notorious_1
05-07-2002, 06:18 PM
True. I remember seeing the RE0 screens shots and bragging about how the game was exclusive to N64. Now I can brag about how the whole RE series is exclusive to Gamecube;)

I'm excited about both games...but I can't decide which one I'm excited about more...

DeathsHand
05-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Notorious_1
True. I remember seeing the RE0 screens shots and bragging about how the game was exclusive to N64. Now I can brag about how the whole RE series is exclusive to Gamecube;)

I'm excited about both games...but I can't decide which one I'm excited about more...

Yeah, personally I'm more excited about RE4.. simple because we don't know what it's gonna be about... it could be anything... Will it have something to do with Sherry (from RE2)? Or maybe Leon... or maybe Chris/Jill again... Barry? Claire? someone else? WHO!? Will Wesker be involved like in RE:CV?

I read some very interesting little bits of information in one of those FAQs at gamefaqs.com about "Lisa" (from the RE remake), which of course wasn't in the original version... also about the 2 wesker's reports they've released so far... And it seems to point to RE4 (or at least some future RE game) having something to do with Sherry... :D

it's just so neat oh I can't wait to find out what it's gonna be about :p

Whereas with RE0 we already know stuff and yeah it looks neat... heh heh

They should like kill off one of the series' main characters or something :D Cuz they all suck :mad: J/K

Notorious_1
05-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

They should like kill off one of the series' main characters or something :D Cuz they all suck :mad: J/K Sounds like a good idea to me;) No, really. Now a days, every main character, whether it be in a movie or videogame, manages to survive whatever ordeal they are going through. Then they survive in the sequel(s). Does that qualify them for superhero status? Anyway, with all the zombies and viruses going around, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom killed off a main character...maybe that's how they'll freshen up the series?:P