PDA

View Full Version : House M.D. Tonight (No More Mr. Nice Guy 4/28)

Bond
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
http://fox.com/house/images/logo.png

That's right, House is bbback!

Who else will be watching tonight?

Typhoid
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I shall, says I.
I don't know what time it's on, though.
Probably 9.

Happydude
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
lol...house is such a douche...i love it!

GameMaster
04-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Almost ready...

http://i26.tinypic.com/14jco7l.png

Typhoid
04-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Best line of the episode:

"I don't sleep with every guy who's better than Hitler."

KillerGremlin
04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
I kind of gave up on House after season 3, but I keep telling myself to sit through season 4. This summer. I promise.

Bube
04-29-2008, 03:31 AM
I watched random House re-runs on a local channel here (and loved it), but for some reason started following season 4. I love it even more. And I love 13 :p

I think season 4 is even better than previous seasons.

GameMaster
04-29-2008, 03:35 AM
I watched random House re-runs on a local channel here (and loved it), but for some reason started following season 4. I love it even more. And I love 13 :p

I think season 4 is even better than previous seasons.

How can you say that if you've only seen random bits of prior seasons? :p

Plus, its kind of sad that his old team is no longer with him and scattered throughout the building. I'm hoping they'll come back and he'll get rid of this new second-rate team.

I mean, c'mon, Kumar as one of his assistants? Seriously.

KillerGremlin
04-29-2008, 03:39 AM

THANK YOU!!!

That is why I stopped watching Season 4. I just can't believe Kumar as a serious actor on House. Talk about a total miscast, especially after his roll in Harold and Kumar and Van Wilder.

GameMaster
04-29-2008, 03:41 AM
THANK YOU!!!

That is why I stopped watching Season 4. I just can't believe Kumar as a serious actor on House. Talk about a total miscast, especially after his roll in Harold and Kumar and Van Wilder.

Haha, well, for some reason the Fox network likes him. Seeing as how they also gave him a bit role in 24. It was season 5 or 6, I can't remember which one.

Bube
04-29-2008, 03:44 AM
How can you say that if you've only seen random bits of prior seasons? :p

I never said I watched bits, I said I watched random episodes. I've watched almost all of the previous seasons, just not in order :D And a few that I hadn't seen, I read recaps. I'm pretty up-to-date on the story.

And the reason I like season 4 more is because of his new assistants - he seems to be treating them even worse than the old ones, so it makes it better :D

GameMaster
04-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Haha, yeah, here's a loose formula for seasons 1-3.

- Random person with unexplainable health problem

- House makes a racist joke, specifically geared toward African-Americans. Foreman frowns.

- House makes a joke about Australians. Chase frowns.

- House makes a sexist joke or sexual joke. Cameron frowns.

- House jokes about Cuddy's sex life, or lack thereof. Cuddy frowns.

- House makes joke about Wilson's love life/marriage failures. Wilson frowns.

- Wilson and Cuddy retort with jokes about House's disability, addiction, inability to work well with others, or fear of intimacy with others. House limps away

- House defies authority and hospital protocol to solve case. His violations are overlooked because he solves case.

/ episode

Lesson Learned: Do whatever the hell you want with no regards to rules while being an ass to everyone and you'll be exempt from any form of negative consequences for your intolerable actions while being regarded as the best in the business.

Typhoid
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM

Kal Penn is a good actor.
And he brings three things to the show:

-Ethnic diversity
-Comedy
-Believability that he can be a doctor because he is Indian.

GameMaster
05-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Well, last night's season finale episode was an A+ in usual fashion.

Renwood
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
It was a great episode once you let go and bought into the Wilson/Amber relationship as something so deep and meaningful. I understand that they've been trying to push it as that, but it felt forced to me. Maybe it has to do with the lower episode count from the writer's strike, but I felt they went from casual dating to living together to having this amazing importance and understanding too quickly.

Fantastic acting, and I felt it all worked if there had been different build-up. Just something a bit off. I didn't feel a whole lot when 13 got back the test results either; I guess I just want the original team back together too much to care about any of the new three. The scene of Cameron and Chase meeting Foreman in the restaurant was great.

The look into House's feelings about not wanting to have Wilson hate him and not wanting to be miserable and in pain all the time was well done. Didn't expect him to wake up till next season either.

Music this episode was awesome. Teardrop cover plus Iron and Wine. Heaven.

GameMaster
05-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes! I'm hoping in Season 5 the original team is brought back. And maybe his new team is just distributed through the hospital as ordinary doctors.

They kind of hinted at that when Cameron was doing House's paperwork an episode or two back. She was telling House how she missed the job. But then she so coldly says she doesn't miss him. What a bitch!

Bond
05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Original cast will return. It was talked about by the cast before this season started.

GameMaster
05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
We were talking about having the original team return to work under House as his assistants again. :p

Plus, they would have written them out in last night's episode if they weren't returning to the show. At least I think they would have?

Bond
05-21-2008, 12:07 AM
We were talking about having the original team return to work under House as his assistants again. :p
Sorry, that is what I meant by saying the original cast will return.

GameMaster
05-21-2008, 12:43 AM
In that case, sweet!

Initially, I didn't like the idea of new assistants at all. And I tried hard not to like 13, Kutner, and Taub. But they've grown on me.

But Cameron, Chase, and Foreman will always be #1 in my heart.

Actually, I think it'd be cool if they allowed House to expand his team to 6 people so he could have all of them.

I think it would create some interesting storylines. Like at first, the old three and new three would work against each other. But then they would slowly come together. And I could even see some love triangles. Like between Cameron, Chase, and 13.

I can't wait until fall!

Renwood
05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Taub can go. He's flat and uninteresting. I like Kutner. 13 is too similar to Cameron; she needs a character adjustment (which could happen with the diagnosis of HD), or have her go out.

Having all six of them remain creates an ensemble cast that I think removes a lot; we didn't get to explore the original team in the same depth as house before; expanding the focus to cover all six would make things even more shallow. Maybe not. But it would make things more challenging.

A story arc that starts them at six and then gradually widdles down to the original three with roles for Kutner and possibly 13 as more auxillary characters sounds right.

KillerGremlin
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't understand why they keep the original cast around and have this new cast....they had a winning formula going with the first 3 seasons. Oh well. Hopefully next season will be the end of Kumar. I still can't take him seriously after watching him perform emergency surgery in Harold and Kumar.