PDA

View Full Version : LOST Tonight (The Shape of Things to Come: 4/24)

Bond
04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Who's watching?

Fox 6
04-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Ill be glued to the tube.

Bond
04-24-2008, 10:26 PM
It's not on for you right now?

Fox 6
04-24-2008, 10:34 PM
It's not on for you right now?

dont think so.... Pacific time...

Bond
04-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh, too bad.

Episode is really good so far.

Fox 6
04-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh, too bad.

Episode is really good so far.

LALALALALALALALALALALA

Bond
04-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Okay, we have to discuss this episode after everyone has seen it.

Happydude
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
i haven't watched house since like the middle of the third season...it was waaaaaaaaaay to stretched out and then they went on a break so i forgot everything that happened and i never really got back into it...would it be worth it if i did?

Bond
04-24-2008, 11:28 PM
You're talking about House MD? We're talking about LOST. I'm confused.

But House does come back next week.

GameMaster
04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Who's watching?

Already saw it, thank you BitTorrent. It was a good episode. We'll have a full on spoiler-thread as soon as you've seen the whole thing.

And happydude, House is good too. House's assistants ended up resigning from his team but they're still working at the hospital and he has a whole new set of quirky sidekicks.

Typhoid
04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
It's on in half an hour for me - I believe.
I've been anticipating.
Expect a reply later on tonight or tomorrow.

Bond
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Already saw it, thank you BitTorrent. It was a good episode. We'll have a full on spoiler-thread as soon as you've seen the whole thing.

And happydude, House is good too. House's assistants ended up resigning from his team but they're still working at the hospital and he has a whole new set of quirky sidekicks.
I just got done like 30 minutes ago watching it on TV.

We should discuss after our other PT friends are done.

Happydude
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
wow...lol...sorry i meant lost...don't know why i typed house...so yeah...question still stands...

Bond
04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, I think it would definitely be worth it. Especially now that you can watch all the episodes at once on abc.com in streaming HD. Nothing better than that. This season has seen a lot of significant plot twists.

GameMaster
04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I just got done like 30 minutes ago watching it on TV.

We should discuss after our other PT friends are done.

Will we resume discussion in our previous LOST thread or will thatmariolover create a new one specifically for this episode?

Bond
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
I edited the title with the episode name and date, so let's just discuss in here after everyone else is done viewing.

Happydude
04-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Well, I think it would definitely be worth it. Especially now that you can watch all the episodes at once on abc.com in streaming HD. Nothing better than that. This season has seen a lot of significant plot twists.
unfortunately...that's only for you southern bastards...we can't watch that here in canadia :(

i'd have to go rent it or god forbid...download it.

Bond
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Are you serious? That's too bad. I pretty much watch all my shows (LOST and House) on my laptop via streaming HD.

Happydude
04-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Are you serious? That's too bad. I pretty much watch all my shows (LOST and House) on my laptop via streaming HD.
yeah...both ABC and fox only allow US IPs to connect to the streams...i suppose i could go through a proxy, but i don't think that would work out all too well.

Bond
04-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Happydude, this might work for you. Not sure if you've tried it before, but it uses google as a proxy: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/h/4807

Aladuf
04-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Such a good episode. I'm so glad LOST is back... even if it's only for a few episodes.

Happydude
04-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Happydude, this might work for you. Not sure if you've tried it before, but it uses google as a proxy: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/h/4807
no...doesn't work because the origin IP isn't hidden...so ABC/Fox still sees my canadian IP and doesn't let me watch.

Renwood
04-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Have to wait for tomorrow to rewatch the ending; the sound cut out for the first five minutes of the last segment.

Time travel and teleportation is making my mind go http://brodeo.us/images/oh.gif

Swan
04-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Wow, awesome.

My brain hurts

Fox 6
04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
WOW! So many crazy things happened.

Spoilers*

I need to get a closer look at thoe glyphs.

Spoilers*

Bond
04-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Alright, so now that everyone has seen it...

how do you guys think the 'black smoke machine' functions? And I'm calling it a machine, because it very much so seems to be a machine to me. If you listen closely it clearly makes a grinding metallic noise.

Fox 6
04-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Spoilers

Well we wont know fro sure until we get a look inside the room Ben went into. Sad that they killed off Alex though :(

Spoliers

GameMaster
04-26-2008, 05:28 AM
I don't think its a machine. I like to believe its actually some sort of organism that Ben just has control over maybe.

Also want to share this site. It has one of the most detailed LOST theories I have yet to see. In terms of offering explanations for everything. It can be hard to wrap your brain around all the info though.

http://timelooptheory.com//the_timeline.htm

Heres a visual representation of what this guy is talking about

http://timelooptheory.com//the_timeline_files/image018.jpg

Bond
04-26-2008, 11:41 AM
So basically, it's Donnie Darko all over again.

Bube
04-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Damn it, I don't even know which order to read that timeline GM posted. I'll just wait until the show ends, and I'm not going to think about theories and explanations anymore!

*spoilers*
And about the last episode - I thought it was really good. I couldn't believe they killed Alex, I wasn't too happy about that. But I'm just really glad Claire didn't die. I also loved the way Ben woke up in the middle of the desert. And when Ben said "that'll do it" when Sayid emptied a clip into that guy.

Small things aside, it was a significant episode in my opinion. I always like it when it explains some stuff.

GameMaster
04-26-2008, 08:16 PM
The fact that Ben allowed Alex to be killed shows just how devoted he is to the island.

I also loved the scene where Ben and Widmore face off in Widmore's bedroom. I don't get why Ben couldn't kill him. Might have something to do with time travel. But I love how Ben vowed to kill Widmore's daughter and Widmore vowed to find and get his island one day. That was such a great scene. Clashing of the titans.

We also learned that Sayid is voluntarily serving as Ben's hitman when earlier in the season we thought he was maybe being blackmailed into doing it against his will or something.

Also, I'd just like to tell Hurley to STFU. I hate him so much. He's loud, dumb, and annoying. Right now he's caring for Claire's baby and everything just cause he thinks that'll get him laid by Claire.

Fat chance, Hurley. Pun intended.

I thought the scene where Ben takes out the two armed camel-riders was a bit of a stretch. He's super smart but come on, he's not that agile and skilled.

Also, why does Locke insist on calling everyone by their first names?

If Sawyer wanted to be called James, he would've told everyone. Same goes Hurley. Everyone calls him Hurley so why does Locke have to be oh so different and call him Hugo? It's just annoying.

Typhoid
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I think the fact Ben "allowed" that to happen, doesn't mean he was picking the Island over her, it means he was underestimating the lengths they would go to, and therefore, for once he didn't have the upper hand in something.

I love how human it made Ben, that episode. He is now my favourite character by far, because he gives off some really low-key Grissom-isms.

Bond
04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I also loved the scene where Ben and Widmore face off in Widmore's bedroom. I don't get why Ben couldn't kill him.
My guess is because Widmore has been to the island.

Fox 6
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I love the fact that Locke calls everyone by there first names, i dont know why but i like it. I also love sawyers nicknames for everyone.

GameMaster
04-27-2008, 02:55 AM
I also love sawyers nicknames for everyone.

Yeah, I did too. But he kind of stopped doing that, didn't he? Like ever since he lost that ping-pong match and had to follow his part of the deal by not calling people nicknames. I guess he just doesn't do it as much.

He's kind of bonded with Hurley though. Like last night he didn't want Locke and Ben taking Hurley with them. And he's definitely on a more intimate level with Kate. Maybe he's just kind of obtained a greater respect for his fellow survivors.

Oh, also the scene where Locke, Sawyer, and Hurley are acting all serious and dramatic, and then the camera reveals they're just playing a board game, that was a funny moment the writers made. :D

Bube
04-27-2008, 08:34 AM
The fact that Ben allowed Alex to be killed shows just how devoted he is to the island.

Like Typh said, I don't think he ever thought they would kill her. A minor miscalculation. And we still don't know if she was his daughter or not.

I also loved the scene where Ben and Widmore face off in Widmore's bedroom. I don't get why Ben couldn't kill him. Might have something to do with time travel.

Maybe Widmore is Ben's father or something, killing him would result in some kind of paradox. Might explain why Ben's father hates him so much, and why Ben killed him without even thinking.

We also learned that Sayid is voluntarily serving as Ben's hitman when earlier in the season we thought he was maybe being blackmailed into doing it against his will or something.

Sayid volunteered, yes, but the smile we saw on Ben's face tells us that he manipulated Sayid to make him want to do it. Just like he always does.

Renwood
04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
And we still don't know if she was his daughter or not.
Er? We know that Ben raised her and treated her as if she was his own. Even if there is some revelation that she was actually his biological child, we already know that Ben feels she was his daughter. The impact he feels from her death doesn't change for him.

Might explain why Ben's father hates him so much, and why Ben killed him without even thinking.
Or, the less convoluted explanation that Ben hated his father for the way he treated/abused him for over twenty years. Their relationship wasn't shown to be a positive one, and Ben isn't a character that is shown to be especially forgiving or merciful.

There are enough mysteries in this show without creating new, unnecessary ones. :- )

Bube
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Er? We know that Ben raised her and treated her as if she was his own. Even if there is some revelation that she was actually his biological child, we already know that Ben feels she was his daughter. The impact he feels from her death doesn't change for him.

Or, the less convoluted explanation that Ben hated his father for the way he treated/abused him for over twenty years. Their relationship wasn't shown to be a positive one, and Ben isn't a character that is shown to be especially forgiving or merciful.

There are enough mysteries in this show without creating new, unnecessary ones. :- )
I was just stretching my imagination with Ben and his father.

But about Ben and Alex - I wasn't really talking about the impact of her death. It still isn't clear who her real father is, and Ben saying that she isn't her daughter doesn't help at all.