PDA

View Full Version : UN Security Council: First meeting

Swan
04-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Now you get to choose which of your oponents you wish to extinguish.

Choose wisely

manasecret
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
The options:

Team America
Cheez-It
Aladuf
The Germantor
Jason1
Jeepnut

Canadian Coalition
Happydude
Fox 6
Typhoid
VashTheStampede

Tough choice, I'm not sure what to do here. What do you guys think?

thatmariolover
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I still think Gamemaster should have been disqualified for the Cheez-It thing. Regardless, Team America is our strongest opponent right now. Adaluf has shown himself to be very active on the forums lately and I'm guessing he's been a valuable soldier. Though I might think to target The Germanator as well.

BreakABone
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I still think Gamemaster should have been disqualified for the Cheez-It thing. Regardless, Team America is our strongest opponent right now. Adaluf has shown himself to be very active on the forums lately and I'm guessing he's been a valuable soldier. Though I might think to target The Germanator as well.

The GM thing has been discussed between myself and Swan.
Don't worry. ;)

manasecret
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I haven't seen much of Germy posting. I agree Aladuf has been very active, so have Jason and jeepnut.

What about going down the other road and further weakening the Canadians. We would be left with a similarly strong American team and a severely weakened Canadian team. Thoughts?

I think that would be a gamble. If we win the next one, then the gamble would have been well worth it. But if we don't, and the Americans win, we'd be left with the possibly insurmountable American lead of a 5 vs. 3 vs. 3. Is it really worth the gamble? What are we getting from it? I guess with a 3 person Canadian team, our chances of winning the next round become more of only us vs. one other team (America), instead of us vs. two other teams, which betters our odds.

Not to mention, America struck Canada first, and chose not to strike us. So even if they win the next round they might decide to take our strategy as well and make it a two team contest (5 vs. 2 vs. 4). Them not striking us may have had something to do with the bye we had, though.

Yoda9864
04-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't really care who we vote off. I think it should be someone from Team America though. Try to weaken both teams. I vote for Aladuf.

manasecret
04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think I'm thinking straight.

So I vote Aladuf as well.

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
That's 3/4, majority.

BreakABone
04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
You folks won't like this decision, but it had to be done.
And was determined after certain events. :(

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
:confused:

I hope there's some sort of explanation if we're not going to like it. And I certainly hope our one kill isn't going to be taken out from under us because a certain member of another team is disqualified. It should be a double homicide.

BreakABone
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
:confused:

I hope there's some sort of explanation if we're not going to like it. And I certainly hope our one kill isn't going to be taken out from under us because a certain member of another team is disqualified. It should be a double homicide.

That's exactly it.
We determined it wasn't fair to the Americans that one member was an idiot.
So we decided it would be best to "accidently" kill GM in another attempt. It would have occurred with the first American death no matter what.

Sorry, but it was all for fairness. :(

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Kinda feels like we didn't win. I mean, if we had voted to kill a member of Canada, they would have died and [unspecified disqualified player] would have (should have) died also.

Can we get a credit that if we're targeted we can pick one player to protect for one round or something? I mean, as it is, we didn't lose anything, but we didn't really gain anything either. And we won by a fair margin.

Swan
04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
So me and BaB discussed it and have agreed that you will get something. It can be used once from now on anytime with one condition. The team you use it on must have at least 2 players. You will be able to take one player hostage for one challenge. They willl not be able to compete in said challenge and the team must work without them.

As well you must decide to use it before the challenge is announced

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Swan. I'm glad a compromise could be met. Shall we move ahead with the vote and take Aladuf hostage this round? Or are we saving it for when we're in a more desperate situation.

manasecret
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I think we should use it offensively from our current position of strength, rather than defensively if we were to lose another member or two. You can also assume that anyone who wins will now be gunning for us, since they know we have some kind of advantage.

If that's agreed, then the question is, which team is the strongest?

The challenge tonight sounds to be another time challenge (I have no inside information, I'm only guessing). BaB said it will be his favorite challenge, although it won't live up to the hype. So what do you reckon that means?

Anyway, the Canadians were 2nd and first in the last two challenges, first in the time challenge. Americans lost the time challenge, but were first in the initial challenge. Which team is stronger?

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I think we should use it offensively from our current position of strength, rather than defensively if we were to lose another member or two. You can also assume that anyone who wins will now be gunning for us, since they know we have some kind of advantage.

If that's agreed, then the question is, which team is the strongest?

The challenge tonight sounds to be another time challenge (I have no inside information, I'm only guessing). BaB said it will be his favorite challenge, although it won't live up to the hype. So what do you reckon that means?

Anyway, the Canadians were 2nd and first in the last two challenges, first in the time challenge. Americans lost the time challenge, but were first in the initial challenge. Which team is stronger?

Well, then can we agree on a Canadian hostage?

manasecret
04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
I think Fox 6 for Canada, simply because he's very active on the TavernWars forum there.

Either him or HappyDude, looking back at the time challenge, he was the quickest poster.

If everyone thinks America, then I agree on Aladuf.

thatmariolover
04-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd vote Fox 6 for Canada.

BreakABone
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Due to some.. er.. technical problems. (Having to close off access to team forum for the lenght of the challenge)

We are shutting down the hostage situation for this round.
You may choose to use it next round as you please.

9 mins still the challege.