PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 GameTavern Election: Candidate Q&A

Bond
04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.independentvoice.org/Uploads/Election_2008-400x300.jpg

I asked the candidates five questions to try to get a better idea of how they would moderate the Happy Hour forum. You can read their responses below:

The Questions:

1) What are your current general feelings about GameTavern?
2) What would you bring to the GT staff?
3) How do you plan on bolstering activity in the Happy Hour forum?
4) If you had one wish and one wish only, what would you give Professor S?
5) In a concise, short paragraph, tell the members of GT why they should vote for you.

The Answers:

Typhoid

1) I'd like to bring a form of "normalcy" to the GT staff, not saying that doesn't exist.

2) I'd bring the fact I'm on the site nearly every day, and know whether or not I need to be lenient or "hard" on specific posts.

3) By coming up with new threads, though I cannot guarantee.

4) A heart.

5) Well, I've been on this site for about 6 years now. And on average I'm on more than the current moderators. when it comes down to it, I know what's right, and what's wrong. I know how to keep order, and I know how to promote posts.

Aladuf23

1) GameTavern is an awesome new experience for me because I've only really been a part of one forum before which is NeoGAF and things are on such a larger scale that I only get to really know a few people well. But on GT right now there is a smaller, pretty tight community that I can get to know well and talk about games and of course the random Happy Hour stuff.

2) I feel that what I would bring to the GT staff is new blood. A lot of the guys have been around for a while but I’m new here and I feel like I can spice things up. I think if I was to actually become a mod while being such a new face around here that would shock a few of the veterans that hang around here. I entered this competition assuming I won’t be chosen because I am such a new person here but I would also really like to give it a go.

3) I’m not too sure that I can “promise” that I’m gonna totally shake things up and bring in the masses. But over on GAF I’ve had some decent Off Topic threads that gained the attention of a good amount of people. I usually have some good ideas for threads going on in the ol’ noggin.

4) TBH, I don’t understand the question too well. Are you saying that if I had a wish to give anything to Professor S what would it be? If so then I would have to say, uhh… An invitation to the pants party! Only because every time I see that in his avatar I crack up because I love Anchorman to death! haha

5) I think the members of GT should vote for me because I believe that I’m the only new member to stick around and post with you guys with the exception of Cheez-It’s (and I know all about his story! Thanks to BaB, I know that he has been around here before :D). And also, you can bet that I’ll continue to have a good time chatting around this place with all the guys. Like I’ve said before though, I know that I’m the new guy on the block around here and I don’t have the same connection with these guys that the others have which makes it hard for me to think that I could get voted in to be a mod. But with that said, even if I don’t get voted in I’m just here to have some fun and try to blend in with the guys so that’s also why I’d make a good mod.

thatmariolover

1) To me, Gametavern is a community of people who have known each other for a long time. I think we’ve had a hard time the last couple years because we (for the most part) think we know how our members feel about certain topics, and for that reason they’re not discussed. But a good share of us have stuck with each other for a long time, we’ve picked up quite a few along the way, and I think there’s a reason for that.

2) Experience, by and large would be my most substantial contribution. Aside from that, I have a good sense of humor (though I try to avoid mocking people) and I think I have a good sense of where to draw the line with debates. And although it doesn’t mean much to the Happy Hour forum in particular, I do have a good relationship with several of the key homebrew developers for Wii at the moment. Something that is on the verge of explosion.

3) Weekly debates, current events, and a featured member of the month (with a short profile/interview if possible) are just a few ways to bolster post counts off the top of my head.

4) A dispenser for fresh, crispy bacon that never ran out.

5) I believe I would make a good moderator because I have experience from Nintendose and the beginning of Gametavern that would be well used here. I have good ideas for how to promote forum growth and bolster discussion and debate, something this forum is in need of. I never abuse a position of power and I think I know pretty well where most lines need to be drawn in terms of discussion. In the end, I think I have the many of the qualities this forum would benefit from in a moderator.

Swan

1) It is the only forum I have ever been apart of because every other one I have been to is lawless. No rules. I like GT's structure. The people are great. And the close knit society makes me feel loved.

2) I would be able to spice things up with my young spunk and liven things up. As I said earlier I believe in rules and will gladly enforce them.

3) By paying attention to pop culture and news worthy...wel news. Anything that could raise a discussion will be posted. Questions that will bring up discussion. The sky is the limit

4) A great big hug!

5) Brothers, I represent the new generation of GT. I am young and have a spark that you won't find anywhere else. I plan to puzzle and arouse your senses in ways that you have never experienced. You know me, now learn to love me. I will change our Happy Hour forum from an ugly duckling into a beautiful Swan. Do what is right

Happydude

1) GameTavern owns all. Period.

2) I would bring knowledge, wisdom, and as much comic relief as i can muster.

3) I shall post more often, create more threads, and advertise GT more.

4) well, if my only wish was to give Professor S something it would have to be to give him the ability to grant me 3 wishes! then i would have three wishes to work with.

5) To all my colleagues here i say vote for me because i love you all. I hope that's good enough. Oh and if i win, you shall all get punch and pie.

Dylflon

1) I like Gametavern because it's dependable and always there for you when you need it most.

2) I would be the cool moderator that all of the forumers totally connect with since I speak the language of the streets and etcetera.

3) I will bolster activity in the Happy Hour forum with awesome new games and activities and threads about neat junk ranging from comedy to popular science, to random musings.

4) Herpes.

5) You should vote for me because I work hard and I play hard. I have tons of sweet ideas for new games and activities to bolster activity. Also, the fact that The Prof and I can be on thee same moderating staff will surely entail hilarity of Odd Couple-like proportions.

Jason1

1) I feel we have a good community and a good core following. Sure, there could be more activity, but what are you going to do? I like GT the way it is.

2) I dont know, Im browsing GT pretty much all the time...so ive got that going. Does the GT staff actually do anything besides occasionally move a post?

3) I kinda like the activity level the way it is...its been picking up lately. Maybe I could get my brother to post.

4) I would probably punch him in the face.

5) Because im a longtime member, I know this place inside and out, and I will moderate the hell out of the happy hour forum.

BreakABone
04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I honestly got to say some of you seem to have good ideas.
Which brags the question why wait until you are mod to start blostering activity? :p
I don't know if this suggestion will pass, and really shouldn't be bringing it up for discussion out here, but I am curious how a Happy Hour ran for a day or two by each of you would run.
Like to see some of these ideas in motion.

Dylflon
04-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd like to formally change my answer for number 4 to a robot exoskeleton.

thatmariolover
04-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I honestly got to say some of you seem to have good ideas.
Which brags the question why wait until you are mod to start blostering activity? :p
I don't know if this suggestion will pass, and really shouldn't be bringing it up for discussion out here, but I am curious how a Happy Hour ran for a day or two by each of you would run.
Like to see some of these ideas in motion.

I actually got to thinking about that after Bond PM'd me the questions. I guess having the questions posed made me think about what I could contribute to the forum in a different way.

Professor S
04-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I'd like to formally change my answer for number 4 to a robot exoskeleton.

Good move, because I wasn't sure what disturbed me more:

1) That you had herpes to give me.

2) The idea of how the transmission of the disease would take place.

I love the answers to question four, btw. Its a rainbow of reaction to my presence here. Lets me know I've at least done something of note during my time on GT.

Best of luck to everyone!

Swan
04-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Crap, I just noticed a typo in my answer.

I am a failure

GameMaster
04-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Here's a bonus question!

If you could travel back in time, knowing your answers were going to be made public, would you change your answers at all?

Fox 6
04-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Crap, I just noticed a typo in my answer.

I am a failure

The number of votes you have, verifys this.

Aladuf
04-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Here's a bonus question!

If you could travel back in time, knowing your answers were going to be made public, would you change your answers at all?

Hell...yeah!

thatmariolover
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Here's a bonus question!

Not in the least.

Renwood
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
1.) It’s a forum.
2.) A complete lack of personal accountability.
3.) Posting.
4.) Reacharound.
5.) D;

vote progressive.