PDA

View Full Version : Sega's E3 Lineup

Bond
05-04-2002, 12:38 AM
http://www.gametavern.net/news/EpkpulylyuYQlJjauo.shtml

Sega has recently revealed their E3 Lineup for the Nintendo GameCube, among other consoles. Below is a listing of all the games and a brief description of each:

Super Monkey Ball 2:
SEGA is on a roll! Hot on the heels of the runaway success of the original Super Monkey Ball, the ultimate party game is back. Jam-packed with more than 150 stages, a new story mode and 12 addictive party-games, Super Monkey Ball 2 delivers the ultimate in addictive multiplayer action. Available this fall.

Beach Spikers:
Bump! Set! SPIKE! SEGA's Beach Spikers delivers intense beach volleyball action for up to four players and showcases beautiful female athletes as they battle it out under the fierce summer sun. Gamers will have to cooperate and compete as they take control of bikini-clad beauties and go two-on-two at the net. Available this summer.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II:
The award-winning Phantasy Star Online sparked a gaming phenomenon, and is now coming to Nintendo GameCube with all-new gameplay modes and exclusive new features. New character classes, weapons, enemies, items and quests are only a portion of the new content waiting to be discovered. Episode I delivers all the action from PSO Ver.2, while Episode II offers an exclusive new full-length adventure. The evolution of the original revolutionary gaming experience continues. Available this fall.

NFL 2K3:
The series that redefined the conventions of football gaming returns for a brand new season, with a totally revamped franchise mode, drastically improved AI, and brilliant new graphics featuring redesigned 3D stadiums, updated player and facial models, and hundreds of new animations. "SEGA Sports NFL 2K3" is the cure for gridiron fans everywhere, whether your squad happens to be the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, or the expansion Houston Texans. Available this fall.

NBA 2K3:
SEGA Sports will once again establish new levels of realism and entertainment in the basketball genre. Building on its critically acclaimed roots, the ultimate hoops simulation, which brought relentlessly authentic gameplay to basketball fans, steps onto the court for another year with hundreds of new animations including highlight-reel dunks and fancy dribble moves, redesigned player models and arenas, and a revamped street mode. Available this fall.

NHL 2K3:
Building upon the acclaimed NHL 2K series, SEGA Sports is proud to bring to the passionate hockey fan the next level of authenticity in hockey video games - NHL 2K3. Highly adaptive AI and a variety of new gameplay options, including advanced line controls and a redesigned franchise mode, defines this fast-paced game, which brings the player closer to the ice than any hockey title ever before. Available this fall.

NCAA College Football 2K3:
College football is about tradition, pageantry and the purity of the game. SEGA Sports NCAA College Football 2K3 embodies all of those things, as this year's game features dramatic improvements including new player models, completely redesigned stadiums, all 25 official BCS bowls and a revamped Legacy mode where gamers can recruit key high-school stars and compare lifetime records against other collegiate programs in the historical rankings system. Available this fall.

Blackmane
05-04-2002, 11:36 AM
The only game I'm interested in is Phantasy Star Online Version I and II. That looks pretty cool to me. I don't like Sega Sports games and I don't care for Monkey Ball too much either. I'm never really interested in sports games. They don't seem as fun as like a fantasy game or something.

BigJustinW
05-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Blackmane
The only game I'm interested in is Phantasy Star Online Version I and II. That looks pretty cool to me. I don't like Sega Sports games and I don't care for Monkey Ball too much either. I'm never really interested in sports games. They don't seem as fun as like a fantasy game or something.

That's funny!!! Cause I'm interested in everything on that list except PSO :lol:

exactl opposites

Bond
05-04-2002, 12:02 PM
Also, to be fair here is Sega's lineup for the Xbox and Playstation 2:

Playstation 2:
Shinobi
Gungrave
Ferrari F355 Challenge
SEGA Bass Fishing Duel
NFL 2K3
NBA 2K3
NHL 2K3
NCAA College Football 2K3
Tennis

Xbox:
ToeJam & Earl III: All Funked Up
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Sega GT 2002
The House of the Dead III
NFL 2K3
NBA 2K3
NHL 2K3
NCAA College Football 2K3
World Series Baseball

So that makes:

GameCube:
3 exclusive titles.
4 sports titles for all consoles.
7 titles in all.

Playstation 2:
5 exclusive titles.
9 titles in all.

Xbox:
6 exclusive titles.
10 titles in all.

gekko
05-04-2002, 01:04 PM
GameCube:
Super Monkey Ball 2 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Beach Spikers :D :D
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II :D :D

Playstation 2:
Shinobi :D
SEGA Bass Fishing Duel :D :D
Tennis :D :D

Xbox:
ToeJam & Earl III: All Funked Up :D :D
Panzer Dragoon Orta :D
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller :D :D :D :D
The House of the Dead III :D

Now... where's my Smaba de Amigo 3?

BigJustinW
05-05-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by gekko

Now... where's my Smaba de Amigo 3?

That's one of those games that will stay a first party title.... when Sega becomes bought out or when Sega makes another console I expect that game :D