PDA

View Full Version : nWoChrisnWo

BreakABone
01-22-2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah for those who don't know chris was banned sometime this week and is no longer able to visit the forums, but I believe he wasn't given a fair shake.

I mean I don't mind Gekko but I think in this case he was wrong. I mean he has some sort of personal vendette against Chris and was waiting for any little slip up to ban him. I mean I don't Chris was warned... I don't think he asked him to remove the pic.. I think he just banned him.....

I mean I know GT is run by a dictatorship but there has to be some rhyme and reason to these forums or else.. well it will just be some power hungry folks doing as they want.....

I'm not saying Chris was right for posting the pic but I say he deserves a 2nd shot maybe with a penalty like a halved post count or something but till another chance....

Anyone else agrees?

Snake
01-22-2002, 12:15 AM
I agree! I know what he did wasn't right, but look at what all the other members have done, and they haven't been banned.

Just give him another chance.. :unsure:

PureEvil
01-22-2002, 12:23 AM
I guess this works... Okay, just to be fair, I'll give you a link to the pic.

I'm not forcing anyone to load this, you have to click on it at your own will, so it's fine:

http://rwkkwr.hypermart.net/gekkopansy.jpg

Chris posted that in a topic suggesting that LoudHoward post it in order to get banned(LoudHoward was asking for ways to get banned, if you'll recall).

As far as I've come to understand, gekko deleted the topic, and banned Chris. Upon posting the pic again(This time by me), it was deleted again(That wasn't nice, Brian. I can't say I enjoyed that).

So, for you to judge if it was deserving of Chris to be banned or not, there's the pic.

(And Brian... Don't delete it. If you don't want to see your face with some suggestive wording... Don't click the link. I'm serious. Don't delete it.)

GameMaster
01-22-2002, 01:23 AM
I have to agree with BaB and Snake on this one. It's really no different than directing a verbal insult towards someone. I think gekko just got caught up in his own personal rivalry with Chris and misused the "power" that comes with his position here at GT. Speaking for all who have made poor choices one time or another ;) , give Chris a second try.

BTW, good to see you all :D

TheGrimReaper
01-22-2002, 02:16 AM
I dont even know what happened...

can someone fill me in?

fingersman
01-22-2002, 07:31 AM
LOL nice pic........I do think Gekko over reacted.....I mean people have done worst and have been warned ...but that's just my opinion ......it's up to the staff to decide if the banning was justified or not

Fez
01-22-2002, 09:32 AM
I'm suprised he didn't ban me after what I said :D :D

But it's a little harsh a ban..I thought you were talking about goatse or something, infact it's hella harsh. But I don't mind because nwochris was a fool at times. But he liked DONKEY KONG MAN!

And anyway, you said you always win arguments. To win you should've posted a funnier pic ;) Coward.

On second thoughts, banning him is pretty funny.

Xantar
01-22-2002, 10:37 AM
gekko couldn't take the heat.

*walks away laughing*

Perfect Stu
01-22-2002, 11:08 AM
That's stupid...Chris shouldn't have been banned...give me a break...

Just an immature comment and a stupid picture that means nothing...

On AIM in chats EVERYbody get's called a f@g (or worse), does that mean I don't talk to them anymore? NO...I'll tell them to f*ck off, then call them a f@g back...no harm done...

Bring Chris back!

BreakABone
01-22-2002, 11:13 AM
On a side note that picture is till funnie as hell... hahahha

bwhhahahahahah

Now Gekko if you really took no offense to it why did you ban him?

BigJustinW
01-22-2002, 11:51 AM
I think that Chris asked for it... I mean, who calls a leader a ***?

Posting at GT is a Privilege not a right

If you were an Admin, and Chris (or anybody else) took a picture of you and made it like that, I'm sure you would have banned him too. I mean, really, you can't tell me you wouldn't be pissed.

nWo goes out and does it to the Admin with the shortest fuse, he was asking to be banned.

nWo is a cool guy, and I have nothing aganst him, but he made a stupid mistake, period... I would be pissed if someone took a pic of me and called me a ***, so I can understand why he banned him.

(and IF he already has a little "beef" with Gekko, he was begging to be banned)

Shadow_Link
01-22-2002, 01:12 PM
I would have to tend to agree with BJW here (:eek: ).
It was uncalled for, and unspeakably stupid, especially when it reffered to Gekko, who mind you, doesn't take sh*t or give a crap :D, though acts like a 1 amp fuse with 30 amps of current burning through it :D...

All in all though, it's not a matter of whether he will be reinstated or not, but a matter of when... These things aren't permanent... Unless... :p

BigJustinW
01-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
I would have to tend to agree with BJW here (:eek: ).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perfect Stu
01-22-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:stud: :stud: :stud: :stud: :stud:

My smilies look better :p

Shadow Fox
01-22-2002, 03:20 PM
And yet another senseless ban...geez Gekko, I'm sure you've heard or seen worse insults than this, so there's got to be another reason why Chris was banned. Tell us what the real deal was...

I hardly think he's caused the forums any trouble; hell- didn't anybody really know he was banned, or posted the pic, until it started popping up as a topic in the boards...:rolleyes:

gekko
01-22-2002, 03:21 PM
It was the pic that got him banned. I'm sure he's done worse than *** before.

Call me a *** and I laugh at you. Post my pic and call me a ***, I ban you, then laugh at you. Get how I work? My life doesn't stop either way, but one gets you banned, one doesn't.

Ever since Cam left, the axe has been put in the closet and you've basically gone on saying and doing whatever you feel like, with no punishment. Calling someone a *** can get you banned, and all of you know that. But since the rules haven't been enforced for the past few months, I may allow Chris back into the forums, assuming this served as a good enough warning.

You guys know the rules, and you know you can get banned everytime you break them. So go ahead, take your chances, just don't complain the time the rules get enforced.

Shadow Fox
01-22-2002, 03:29 PM
lol, gotta love Gekko's reasoning here....:D

*waits for Chris to come back*

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Meh, Do whatever the **** you want.

But don't let personal feelings get in the way.

Bond
01-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Being an Administrator is much like being a politician. Being a politician you must separate church and state, being an Administrator you must separate your own personal feelings from the forums. I must admit at the forums I Admin at there are quite a few people I dislike, but would I ban them because of that? Of course not!

If you are going to ban Chris (who personally I don't like) for expressing his opinion then you have to ban me for also expressing my opinion. Frankly you would have to ban the entire forums. Every single day people express their opinions, does that mean they will be banned from the Earth? Of course not!

Jason1
01-22-2002, 04:50 PM
LMAO!!! I Love that pic!

Joeiss
01-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, I think this is all gekko's fault. I mean, come on. You give us a picture of you, and some people do not like you. Did a thought ever cross your mind that somebody will tamper with it? This all could have not happened if Gekko didn't show us that picture of his face.

LoudHowardZERO
01-22-2002, 05:34 PM
I liked that little Mother ****er... well kinda... BRING HIM BACK!

And that is a Threat :mad2:

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Loudhoward,

What are you trying to prove? that you fail miserably at everything in life?

Stop being such a ***** and actually do something you ***got

Shadow_Link
01-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bond
Being an Administrator is much like being a politician. Being a politician you must separate church and state, being an Administrator you must separate your own personal feelings from the forums. I must admit at the forums I Admin at there are quite a few people I dislike, but would I ban them because of that? Of course not!

If you are going to ban Chris (who personally I don't like) for expressing his opinion then you have to ban me for also expressing my opinion. Frankly you would have to ban the entire forums. Every single day people express their opinions, does that mean they will be banned from the Earth? Of course not!

Actually, think about it for a moment... Gekko is a member as much as he is an admin... So taking that into account, I am sure that the same result would have taken place if a picture of another person at the forums had been tampered with and ridiculed... I don't think abusive action (whatever you may wish to call it) is permitted against fellow members at the forums, which is a rule that Chris broke unfortunately...

gekko
01-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Well, I think this is all gekko's fault. I mean, come on. You give us a picture of you, and some people do not like you. Did a thought ever cross your mind that somebody will tamper with it? This all could have not happened if Gekko didn't show us that picture of his face.

Did I ever give you a picture of me? You joined when? Last April? that picture was taken in 2000. That picture is old, and it was Shooter who brought it back. I didn't even remember where it was.

In fact, now that I think of it, that pic was taken before GT was around. I never showed you the picture, someone else did.

Originally posted by Bond

Think about it, if I banned people I didn't like, there would be a forum of no more than 20 people, and you would've lasted more than a day.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Would i still be a member under the Gekko Regime?

:D

BreakABone
01-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by D_Beckham7
Would i still be a member under the Gekko Regime?

:D

The Gekko Regime sounds scary....

And I don't consider banning Chris an abuse of power.. what you want Chris to do to return is an abuse

gekko
01-22-2002, 07:09 PM
I'll more than likely let Chris back tomorrow. Then give him a couple days, he'll screw up again. He only gets one more shot.

Bond
01-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link

Actually, think about it for a moment... Gekko is a member as much as he is an admin... So taking that into account, I am sure that the same result would have taken place if a picture of another person at the forums had been tampered with and ridiculed... I don't think abusive action (whatever you may wish to call it) is permitted against fellow members at the forums, which is a rule that Chris broke unfortunately...
Well, considering neither of us are fortune tellers lets not try to predict the future. Now I can't tell you if Gekko would ban someone if they posted a mean picture up about me, but we can both have our own opinions about that. But the fact remains that he banned Chris for one thing. Now, does everyone remember that guy who posted a topic with 75% of the words being curse words? I think he should have at least been warned and/or banned on the spot. I see no difference from that from what Chris did, other then it attacked Gekko. Now from what I've heard Chris didn't even post this from himself to Gekko, he was just merely giving it out to the public. I could most a picture of myself looking like an idiot and no one would care.

I'll more than likely let Chris back tomorrow. Then give him a couple days, he'll screw up again. He only gets one more shot.
You say that know, but I must ask why you didnt say this in the first place? Which would have stopped this uprising.

gekko
01-22-2002, 07:56 PM
An who posted with 75% of the words swear words? Only person I can remember is Shooter, and he attacked me plenty of times. Pretty funny if you ask me.

That would be Heen05. That post was funny because it was so stupid. :D

Damnit! I'm sorry, gekko. I hit the Edit button instead of the Quote button without realizing it.

Um...hope you remember what you said.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Hell, I hate this ****, Why can't this ****ing **** just stop already?

**** you all.

* Reakizes Swear Words Only Calculate 28% of the words*

BAH

You win.

Brain: Told you, i knew you would screw it up.

Ah go to hell.

Brain: *Shrugs*, * Shuts Down*

* Colapses into convulshions*

Drunk Hobbit
01-22-2002, 08:51 PM
:lurk:

Fez
01-22-2002, 10:45 PM
If I banned everyone I didn't like..holy ****..it'd be pretty damn boring.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-22-2002, 10:47 PM
If i banned everyone i hated.,

the only members would be the ones i can't ban

BreakABone
01-22-2002, 11:07 PM
If I had a million dollars....

I'll be rich......

Y2Kevbug11
01-23-2002, 05:38 PM
I hate that song with every possible atom of my physical being. Sing it, and you will be eliminated. :D

gekko
01-23-2002, 05:54 PM
If I had a million dollars...

Well I'd buy you a monkey...

Haven't you always wanted a monkey?...

Ridley
01-23-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Y2Kevbug11
I hate that song with every possible atom of my physical being. Sing it, and you will be eliminated. :D

*joins gekko in singing*

If had a million dollars ...

We wouldn't have to Kraft Dinner..

But we would eat Kraft Dinner...

Of course we would, we'd just eat more :D

You hate that song Kev?

*McBain voice*

Now you will die. :mad2:

nWoCHRISnWo
01-23-2002, 09:29 PM
"I don't think nWoCHRISnWo should have been banned."

I agree. If the truth hurts that much, don't post your ugly mug. :cool: