PDA

View Full Version : Got milk?...or at least RE???

Gamer
04-30-2002, 09:34 PM
You guys got RE yet??? I couldnt find it anywhere yet, i think it will maybe be in like tomrow or something. I here that you get a free strategy guide if you buy it at Future Shop...sounds like a deal and a half to me, plus its only 60$ cnd. :D

DeathsHand
04-30-2002, 09:38 PM
Nope, ze stores around here get it in tomorrow... I'ma try to get it tomorrow... hopefully they get enough in...

"I here that you get a free strategy guide if you buy it at Future Shop"

I don't see the point of strategy guides... hmm... First of all, the only time I'd use one is if I got stuck in one point for a long while and couldn't get past it, and besides, there are a ton of places you can get info online for free... liiiiike gamefaqs... with a ton of in-depth faq/walkthroughs and such... :p

Ginkasa
04-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Not yet and it'll be a little while before I do. I need to get enough money first :unsure:

Blix
04-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Nope, and the employees of the EB in which i preordered it told me they would have it on May 2nd:baby: But some times they screw up on the dates. Damn incompetent employees. I wish I could kill them.

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis
Nope, and the employees of the EB in which i preordered it told me they would have it on May 2nd:baby: But some times they screw up on the dates. Damn incompetent employees. I wish I could kill them.

Well I think in the IGN story where they say that RE ships to retailers, they say that it will be available at some stores later this afternoon (as in the afternoon of April 30th), and for others May first or may second... So maybe you will have to wait until thursday... and I will laugh... har har har

J/K

Angrist
05-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis
Nope, and the employees of the EB in which i preordered it told me they would have it on May 2nd:baby: But some times they screw up on the dates. Damn incompetent employees. I wish I could kill them. Oh pour boy! Has to wait until May 2nd FOR ONE PEEPING GAME!! :mad2:

Professor S
05-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Well I'd be a little frustrated too if I had been awaiting this game for so long and then I walk in and it wwon't be there for 2 more days.

Myself, I'm anxiously awaiting Marrowind for XBox, but that just keeps on getting pushed back for more testing, which is needed for a game of that size. While I understand why they need to delay it, I am also more than a little peeved because I haven't wanted a game this bad since Halo and Raw.

Angrist
05-01-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Well I'd be a little frustrated too if I had been awaiting this game for so long and then I walk in and it wwon't be there for 2 more days.

Myself, I'm anxiously awaiting Marrowind for XBox, but that just keeps on getting pushed back for more testing, which is needed for a game of that size. While I understand why they need to delay it, I am also more than a little peeved because I haven't wanted a game this bad since Halo and Raw. The thing is, we in Europe have been waiting for THE GAMECUBE for months!! :rolleyes:

But we got ours today! :D:D

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
The thing is, we in Europe have been waiting for THE GAMECUBE for months!! :rolleyes:

But we got ours today! :D:D

Yeah, and instead of getting a nifty free memory card, you get a crappy 3rd party controller :sneaky: :D

Only a few more hours graaah they better have it in :errr:

ghettodude
05-01-2002, 06:04 PM
you know gamespot called it the most visually impressive game ever made?

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ghettodude
you know gamespot called it the most visually impressive game ever made?

Y'know, since I started playing the game, I havn't even noticed that... I've been too busy getting mad because not much of anything is the way I remember it being (because it's not :p ) and fighting off those annoying running zombies... :sneaky: Well they were hard before I got the shotgun :(

anyvace...

ghettodude
05-01-2002, 06:09 PM
ooh! you have it? nice! hehe... is it scary? :( i would buy it... but u know.. aha... ehe... ahehe... heh... aww :( ...

yea im gonna rent it...

i heard those super zombies can be... annoying.. but yea.. they changed the game on purpose didnt they? so that it would scare people more cause they wouldnt know what to expect... something along those lines..

ghettodude
05-01-2002, 06:12 PM
... not that it matters for me.. i didnt play the first one.... or the second... or.. any.. resident evil game made so far.... because... well im really not sure.. maybe its cause all ive been playing on n64 (which was the only last generation console i owned) was those crazy multiplayer games... and of course zelda :)

and now i sold my n64 and all the games and the controllers for a gamecube game :(

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Not scary... the only time I found RE scary at all was when I first played it and I was like 10 :p

There were a couple unexpected little things that made me jump, but it wasn't a big deal... one of them was my first run-in with a super zombie thing... cuz it was on the ground and just jumped right up and I was like "Aahhh what da fudge?"

..... yeah...

Gamer
05-01-2002, 06:29 PM
So i called up Future shop today, they said they had it in and that there were only a couple left, so i burn over there, pick up a copey and come home (with my free players guide). When i get home my mom says let me see the players guide, so she takes it and says she has to think about it...:mad: baf!

ghettodude
05-01-2002, 06:29 PM
yea.. i hear you have to like... chop off their heads.. or something like that.. otherwise the zombies you kill turn into super zombies which like... are faster.. and they make scrambling to get through a door scary... but.. i guess you.. oh master of not being scared... wouldnt think of it that way... heh...

maybe its cause of all that silent hill desensitization -.- ...

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 06:33 PM
yea.. i hear you have to like... chop off their heads.. or something like that.. otherwise the zombies you kill turn into super zombies which like... are faster.. and they make scrambling to get through a door scary... but.. i guess you.. oh master of not being scared... wouldnt think of it that way... heh...

maybe its cause of all that silent hill desensitization -.- ...

Sh1 was the only game since the original RE1 that creeped me out at all... SH2 didn't though... :p

But no, they don't make you go scrambling for a doorway... they make you go scrambling to get out your shotgun :p

If you have it :unsure: I ran into a couple before I had it though... they are purty gersh dern powerful...

And gamer, just tell your mom that since you learn things from games like how to kill people or your classmates (of course), that in this case, the game would come in handy incase you ever found yourself saaaaay stuck in some place with lots of zombies and other creatures?

Or just say...

They're not even humans...
It's just a game...
Don't be such a b****

:sneaky:

:D :unsure: bye

ghettodude
05-01-2002, 06:36 PM
i think he called your mom a b**** (..er... use ur imagination) ..

anyway.. is it easy to kill them with a shotgun? or do u miss alot.. and like.. shoot.. and they keep walking.. and then they eat you.. because its so hard to shoot them..

DeathsHand
05-01-2002, 06:40 PM
i think he called your mom a b**** (..er... use ur imagination) ..

anyway.. is it easy to kill them with a shotgun? or do u miss alot.. and like.. shoot.. and they keep walking.. and then they eat you.. because its so hard to shoot them..

I was just joking about the B**** thing :p

The running zombies seem to prefer to just run at you then smack you in the face... and only bite you if they end up stopping close to you... But all you do is hit the Aim button and press up to aim up and pull ze trigger and pop...