PDA

View Full Version : LOL... My Monitor.

Ric
04-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Ok its like a 7 odd years old monitor. Anyway if u knock it it screws up and the windows on the screen all move off screen and stuff and you have to re-adjust it and centralise it.

Ok thats a bad thing, I need a new monitor, but you have to see the humour in it.

nWoCHRISnWo
04-28-2002, 06:34 PM
...Not really. It's kinda pathetic.

The_Dunadan
04-28-2002, 06:46 PM
that is kind of funny:confused:

this thread is boring...um.......*gets ous sock and puts ball in it* *stats hitting ppl with it*

*shrugs*

Ric
04-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Ok lets change the mood.

*Grabs The_Dunadan's sock, ball, wepon thing*
*Beats him with it*

RIGHT, seriously now though.

So I should perhaps get a new monitor, any suggestions guys?

sdtPikachu
04-28-2002, 08:06 PM
Heh.... there's a screensaver in Linux I've got called XTeeVee, which simulates a broken monitor. you get interference and snow, and sometimes the frame jumps, and t all looks scarly like you've got a shafted monitor. Heh.

I take that isn't your problem though...

Buy a new monitor, or failing that, plug the computer directly into your brain.

If you're lucky, there'll be a place in your town that deals in second hand computer equipment - this is often a good place to find monitors, as they tend to outlive computers.

Even better is if you find a graphic arts place that's having a refit; they'll be thrwoing out a load of top qulaity monitors, and if you're lucky you'll be able to pick up a really nice monitor for a song. Just don't get and LCD/TFT if you plan on playing fast paced games!

Happydude
04-29-2002, 10:19 AM
LOL Ric...does your moniter say "Etch-and-Sketch" on the side by any chance?:D

anyhoo...lol...i have a Samsung SyncMaster 755 DF, 17''...it's a flat screen (not an LCD) and its pretty good...can handle pretty good resolution, 1600 x 1200 to be exact, refresh rate is 100 Hz (I think)...so, yeah...i recommend you get it, it costs around $200-$250 canadian...so...yeah...

GameMaster
04-29-2002, 10:21 PM
Yeah flat panels are coming down in price and going up in quality, so why not look into one?

Unless your an artist or something because in that case you will want a CTR monitor because the color is more accurate but for the common man's purposes, a new, sharp, flat panel will do just fine. Did I mention they save lot's of valuble desktop space? :D

Cyrax9
04-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ric
Ok its like a 7 odd years old monitor. Anyway if u knock it it screws up and the windows on the screen all move off screen and stuff and you have to re-adjust it and centralise it.

Ok thats a bad thing, I need a new monitor, but you have to see the humour in it.

Sugesstion: Get a good LCD Monitor.

Humour: Until you can afford a new monitor, keep fixing "Fonzie Style" from "Happy Days" or "Han Solo" Style from Star Wars IV,V, VI by knocking upside it's head (ok I know that didn't come out right). The monitor must be like the Millenium Falcon, I'd love t see you give it a punch during a Star wars ame, if you Capture that ino Video, I'd Download it in a Second.

Angrist
04-30-2002, 04:11 AM
What's that Han Solo style you're talking about?? :confused:

Anyway, you should get an LCD monitor. We have one, it's great! There not really that expensive anymore, and they use way less power!!

Revival
04-30-2002, 03:05 PM
All you need: http://www.cnet.com/techtrends/0-6014-8-8798084-1.html?tag=txt

Yoda9864
04-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Lol, I have a ten year old monitor. I'm actually afraid that it says "Low radiation" on it.

sdtPikachu
05-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Humph.

I hate LCD monitors - the colour quality/consistency on the things is abysmal unless you fork out for one of the apple studio displays at, what? Five grand apiece?

And even they don't seem to be that much better at refreshing as other LCD screens are either. Hate LCD screens, hate hate hate!

CRT all the way. Call me old fashioned, and I call you a trend whore :D

Happydude
05-01-2002, 02:36 PM
i also hate LCDs...you cant see what you want in the colours that you want unless you're right infront of the god damn thing, so, i can't watch movies or anything from my bed unless the screen is right infront of me, which sux a$$!!!

i like my SyncMaster...

Cyrax9
05-02-2002, 01:28 AM
Upon further review I reccomend a la-screen CRT. I'm using an NEC MultiSync FE 750+ Flat 17" CRT monitor, and it's excellent, it's nicer than the piece of crap gateway sent with my family PC which is a 19" monitor that flickers alot, and takes up more space than the dang PC tower itself. If you're getting a new monitor try the NEC MultiSync FE750+ 17" monitor, or even a 1" flat CRT. At least the 19" FLAT CRT's have a normal-sized screen, unlike a regular 19" CRT monitor, I wuld have gotten a 19" screen if I knew the 17" Flat CRT screen would take up so much less space than my old 17" regular CRT.

Now Angrist, you don't remember how Han Solo would "fix" the Milenium falcon when t broke, shame on you! J/K. He used to hit the ship to start it up again, much like what I used to do on my Family PC which was a Pentium 2 that's still being used with a crappy monitor. When it foze 'd smack the tower, when the screen had prblems I'd smack the monitor. Try to rememeber in Star Wars when Han would "smack" the Falcon and call it a "damn piece of junk", it's pretty funny.

Angrist
05-03-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Cyrax9
Now Angrist, you don't remember how Han Solo would "fix" the Milenium falcon when t broke, shame on you! J/K. He used to hit the ship to start it up again, much like what I used to do on my Family PC which was a Pentium 2 that's still being used with a crappy monitor. When it foze 'd smack the tower, when the screen had prblems I'd smack the monitor. Try to rememeber in Star Wars when Han would "smack" the Falcon and call it a "damn piece of junk", it's pretty funny. Oh yeah, of course :D