PDA

View Full Version : Where would you buy it??

Angrist
04-28-2002, 03:48 PM
There are two stores in town that both have some nice GameCube offers.

1. The first one offers a free 3rd party controller + some sort of mini-DVD case for 12 games.

2. The second offers a free official memory card (59) + a free subscription to a Nintendo magazine for 3 months.

[b]3./b] Oh yeah there's another shop in another town that just gives a discount of about 20 bucks. But since it's kinda far away (30 mins) it's not an option.

Where would you buy it??

Jin
04-28-2002, 04:08 PM
I would buy it at the 3rd store, but since that's not an option, I'd go with the second one. Only because the controller in the first one is a 3rd party controller. The second option is good, even though Nintendo magazines tend to be extremely biased.:unsure:

Angrist
04-28-2002, 04:15 PM
Yeah I don't like 3rd party controllers... And since there probably won't be a bigger memory card at launch...

Of course I could ask the salesman of the first shop if he wants to give me a 1st party controller... and tell him that if he doesn't, I'll go to the other shop. Not sure if he's allowed to do that though... :unsure: But I can always try!! :D

DeathsHand
04-28-2002, 04:22 PM
I'd take the second one, even if the third one was an option :p

I don't like third party controllers, and I dunno... Why get cash back when it's gonna go right towards a memory card anyways, and you can just get a free memory card instead, plus a lil' subscription to NP? :unsure:

Angrist
04-28-2002, 04:23 PM
I said A nintendo mag, not NP. Not sure if it's good, it's probably new... (probably... no doubt!! :doh: )

GameKinG
04-28-2002, 04:58 PM
The second one. Better to have something that will last longer then three weeks.

Mushlafa
04-28-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
1. The first one offers a free 3rd party controller + some sort of mini-DVD case for 12 games.
[/B]

Ok i didnt read any of the posts in this thread but do NOT buy a third party controller. My friend bought 3 of them and they suck. They're not as comfy, they dont eaven work for some games (007 Agent underfire). None of the buttons would work when you tried to play the game with a third party controler and when I play SSBM it starts to press the R button over and over again every like 1 and a half seconds and no i didnt have the turbo on i made sure. Me and him also had a race. We both press the joystick to the right at the same time and the cursor ( SSBM charectar select screen ) for the third party controler moves slower. It toally ruins ssbm because when you jump and hold a direction and block you do an air doge and when you do that you cant do anything after it so you just fall. When your running at someone on your way there youl probably just doge instead of running. Its just horrible ;)

Gamer
04-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Go for the second one dude.:D

Bond
04-28-2002, 06:40 PM
I would go for the second one, but the magazine will probably suck.

The_Dunadan
04-28-2002, 06:44 PM
the second. um...everybody else just said that:confused: well...did everybody else do this!? *pulls down pants and runs out of room*

DeathsHand
04-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
I said A nintendo mag, not NP. Not sure if it's good, it's probably new... (probably... no doubt!! :doh: )

Ohh.. well around here the only Nintendo magazine I know of is Nintendo power... So :p to you...

Angrist
04-29-2002, 04:01 AM
Yeah I guess I'll go with the second one. Good old Bart Smit (www.bartsmit.com)!!

Fortunately I didn't cancel my reservation as soon as I reserved at the other store!