PDA

View Full Version : Pirates: At World's End

GameMaster
05-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Saw it tonight. Great movie. Ending leaves for the possibility of another Pirate adventure.

Post impressions and opinions here.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Pirates3Jack.jpg

Angrist
05-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Give spoiler warnings please. :)

Was it better than part 2?

Null
05-25-2007, 11:17 AM
its about the same as 2.

so 1 was great. 2 and 3 arent bad. but they arent that good either.

but if you liked 2 i think you'll like 3. its right on par with it.

Professor S
05-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Does 3 progress a bit slower than 2? I liked 2, but I thought it moved way too fast and never really took the time to establish a good story to go along with the entertaining plot and action sequences.

Ginkasa
05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Does 3 progress a bit slower than 2? I liked 2, but I thought it moved way too fast and never really took the time to establish a good story to go along with the entertaining plot and action sequences.

3 goes just as fast, if not faster than 2. Its plot is also a bit more complicated with a lot of "double agents" and treachery and such. It becomes difficult to figure out who is on whose ship and who is one whose side, etc.

But the story does get told, it makes sense, and the action sequences are very good (better than 2) and the movie is overall entertaining. I also think it does a very nice job of wrapping up "the trilogy" as it were, but allowing room for the further adventures of Jack Sparrow, you know?

*shrugs and walks away*

Dyne
05-26-2007, 02:43 PM
****ing awesome movie.

BlueFire
05-26-2007, 02:48 PM
The ship battle at the maelstrom was great

CamFu
05-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Pirates 3 was entertaining. And thats about it. If I had to rate it out of 5 stars, I would give it a three.

One thing I did enjoy is that everybody had their own agenda and was willing to do what ever it took to complete it, and they were able to fill all the gaps in the story without confusing the audience.

***ENDING SPOILER***

I don't think they have make another Pirates. Yeah, they ended the Movie with the Pirates going after another Legendary Treasure, with Jack going one way and Barbosa going another. But that is what Pirates do, I don't feel there is a need for another movie. I don't want to see Captain Jack's character run into the ground.

***I'M DONE***

Is it just me, or would this be a cool TV series. Just thinking.

If you go and see this Movie, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT miss the previews. Die Hard & Transformers are shown. I've been waiting for a live action Transformers Movie since the '80s. Who knows maybe this could spark a Voltron Movie. That would be sweet.

MrCoffee
05-26-2007, 09:48 PM
****ing awesome movie.

seconded.

Angrist
05-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I saw the Transformers trailer before Spiderman, it looks a lot better than I expected.

Angrist
05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I have a question:

How much occult stuff is in this movie? How much voodoo? Is the devil mentioned?

I disliked the voodoo woman in part 2, I'd rather stay away from any magic that comes too close to 'real' magic. Now I have some friends who say that this movie is full of demonic stuff.

So how bad is it? Thanks.

KillerGremlin
05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
There's nothing remotely "demonic" about Pirates 3...

I gotta say, for a popcorn flick, Pirates 3 was highly entertaining. The best parts were still the Johnny Depp parts, but overall I felt that the movie lacked Depp...hehe...pun intended.

But seriously, Pirates 3 was a decent ending to a trilogy that should have only been a single movie.

Angrist
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Thx. :)

Dylflon
05-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I have a question:

How much occult stuff is in this movie? How much voodoo? Is the devil mentioned?

I disliked the voodoo woman in part 2, I'd rather stay away from any magic that comes too close to 'real' magic. Now I have some friends who say that this movie is full of demonic stuff.

So how bad is it? Thanks.

Well the voodoo woman is in it and she's actually a heathen goddess.

You may think I'm joking. I'm not. What's the big deal anyways? Seeing occult elements in films and actually practicing them are about as different as hot dogs and dolphins.

That being said, I thought this movie was only alright. It had its moments but on the whole wasn't anything to write home about.

GameMaster
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
My favorite character is Davy Jones.

And I think the greatest scene is in the second movie at the end where Jack stands with sword in hand against the Kraken that's about to consume him. Powerful image.