PDA

View Full Version : FFXI + BBA + HDD + Keyboard = WHAT?!?!?

Perfect Stu
04-26-2002, 12:32 PM
http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/

(I know, it's in Japenese, but it's been translated:

FFXI+ BB unit +BB circuit + keyboard = 7,800 yen($60USD)

April 26, 2002

Yahoo! BB releases the starter's kit of "Final Fantasy XI" for 7,800 yen. This is the same price as purchasing with a soft simple substance, and reservation is started in part from April 27 in the shop (if it may be sold also on Yahoo!).

This "FFXI YBB starter's kit" is "FFXI" software, "PlayStation BB Unit" (what was conventionally marketed on trial as a hard disk unit), a keyboard, and Yahoo!. That by which the modem only for BB(s) and the simple quick manual were packed by one. This full kit is 7,800 yen at the introductory time, and it will be cheaper than the amount for "FFXI" of a competitor of BB service average about 2,400 yen.

Mr. Son Masayoshi of Softbank which held the product explanation meeting which assembled only some partners, "millions of may be sold if it is the latest work of FF. However, probably, it will be too optimistic to think that it sells explosively only by i of software if a network game is put on the market at all in a consumer market. It is necessary to provide a user with play environment and service including peripheral equipment or the infrastructure for full-scale spread. A breast is thrown out as the answer of our company to it is this starter's kit."

In order for the grandchild to have made it the intelligible handling description from " in addition to the form of the all-in-one which was not the conventional service, and the merit that BB unit can come to hand further in the shop (there is no sale schedule in a unit simple substance), the keyboard presupposed that you should unify" and made the USB keyboard this kit at the set. An easy manual connectable with anyone is also attached.

Furthermore, it is said that it can talk with the user in the world for free, utilizing IP telephone and BB Phone started from today (April 25), and playing a game. "Yahoo! BB An original merit will also be produced." Battle communication by the Voice chat which utilized BB Phone is also performed.

Mr. Son -- "-- if the telephone charges usual by this also go up former more at a low price, it will come to be alike It is said that a sight between new tea [ say / that parents praise the child who stopped telephone charges (smile) ] should also be caught though a game is carried out."

The time and effort for always playing network games for PS2, such as a connection ISP subscription application and the purchase of BB unit, rather than anything can clear this starter's kit at a stretch. Mr. Son presupposes hundreds of thousands of "sets of PlayStation BB Unit which S C E prepares before or after the "FFXI" sale day on May 16", "Almost was pressed down." It is not necessary to waver any longer. You should purchase this kit, in order to play "FFXI."

Well...that sounds like a bunch of gibber gabber, but the statement remains...

I don't believe it. Remember, this is Japan-only for now, but I mean....WOW....who were all those people saying that the HDD/BBA ALONE would cost $150? :D

If they make the same type of deal here in the US...let's just say, COUNT. ME. IN.

:eek:

Perfect Stu
04-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Also, anyone who can read japenese and explain exactly the main points of the article would earn some dblns.

This sounds like a starter kit...like, it doesn't include the cost of PlayOnline, and doesn't allow for internet access. I'm not sure about this, but we'll find out when Sony announces everything at E3. Hopefully. Either way, in Japan you can get FFXI, a keyboard, and a BBA and a HDD for $60 US. Or so the article says. We'll probably hear some official announcement of this from IGN or something...we'll just have to see...

BlueFire
04-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Well, I guess that'll put some worries to rest.

Joeiss
04-26-2002, 01:27 PM
I can read Japanese. The translation pretty much covered everyting... But there is something big that was left out.

It also says that Perfect Stu is the greatest of all time... Or something like that.

There, now give me some dblns.

Perfect Stu
04-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Well, I guess that'll put some worries to rest.

Not exactly.

From what I've just found out, this is all part of a deal.

You sign up for Yahoo's BB Service for a certain amount of time, and you can get FFXI, HDD, BBA and USB Keyboard for the equivalent of $60 US.

So, hopefully, they'll offer a similar deal here in North America.

So basically, we'll have to wait for some NA HDD/BBA pricing deals.

BigJustinW
04-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
http://www.zdnet.co.jp/gamespot/

(I know, it's in Japenese, but it's been translated:

FFXI+ BB unit +BB circuit + keyboard = 7,800 yen($60USD)

where does it say HDD????

Perfect Stu
04-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

where does it say HDD????

BB Unit = HDD in Japan

BigJustinW
04-26-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

BB Unit = HDD in Japan

Oh, ok, coo

$60 translated to US???

Did you know Ps2 as a System was $370 translated to US $$$???

The HDD may be even Cheaper here!

Bond
04-26-2002, 04:01 PM
This would be awesome news...

But sadly I'll believe it when I see it in American text and official.

Joeiss
04-26-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

Oh, ok, coo

$60 translated to US???

Did you know Ps2 as a System was $370 translated to US $$$???

The HDD may be even Cheaper here!

Yeah. I was thinking about that. Usually the prices in Japan are more expensive in monetary translation than the actual prices on our shores. It will be interesting to see what the prices of similar packages are here in North America.