PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube sold out!

Old Skool
04-26-2002, 12:14 PM
posted by Totalgames.net

A short while ago we reprted that pre-orders of GameCubes in the UK had already passed the 30,000 unit mark. As of today that figure has topped the 50,000 mark. This is expected to rocket over the next week in response to the official pricedrop to £129.

Multiple retailers around the country have confirmed that they will indeed be selling the machine at £129, and not an inflated £149 as some were worrying. Reports are coming in that most stores have pre-orders in excess of what they have been allocated for day one. Although it's not official, we can safely say that the GameCube has 'sold out' in the UK. As is usually the case not everyone who has pre-ordered a machine will buy it - some people will have pre-oredered at several places just to be safe, so there may be a number of units still available. Get your name on a list right now or you'll be sorry!

BlueFire
04-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Well, let's just say I didn't expect this...:p

Angrist
04-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I pre-ordered mine at two stores and 1 website, if everybody does that... :unsure:

But hey! At least I'll have my GameCube on launch day!! + a free second controller BTW!! :D

Ric
04-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Well one of my local gaming stores is not taking pre-orders, he is only getting 6 consoles, 2 purple, 2black and 2 blue. Thats the effect big chain stores have on small businesses. Anyway he is getting the delivery before May 3rd and said he would sell me one before the official launch day because I am a valued customer :D I will be one of the first to own a Pal Gamecube. The cube is pretty much sitting in my house already :D

Joeiss
04-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ric
Well one of my local gaming stores is not taking pre-orders, he is only getting 6 consoles, 2 purple, 2black and 2 blue.

Umm... 2 blue and 2 purple? Are you on crack or is there a special GCN colour coming out in Europe?

Gamer
04-26-2002, 10:07 PM
I kinda expected that, it seems like Gamecube is going to do well in the UK. When exactly is the UK launch day again? And how many games are being released with the system?

bobcat
04-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I can't believe Europe is getting it May3, and we gotta wait till May 17.

This seriously sux.

Hey fellas how are your Gamecubes going? And what games should I get? What games should I avoid?

Jin
04-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
I can't believe Europe is getting it May3, and we gotta wait till May 17.

This seriously sux.

Hey fellas how are your Gamecubes going? And what games should I get? What games should I avoid?

Get Rogue Squadron 2, and Super Smash for sure. Other than that there isn't anything that really stands out. I'd also suggest getting a few third party games, that is unless you have them on PS2.

Gamer
04-27-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by bobcat

Get Resident Evil, Rogue Squadron 2 and SSBM for sure.

Angrist
04-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gamer

Get Resident Evil, Rogue Squadron 2 and SSBM for sure. SSBM won't be out for 3 weeks, RE not for 5 months! :(

I'm getting Rogue Leader, later we'll buy SSBM and on June 14 we'll get Pikmin.

Oh yeah, for all the launch games, go here: http://www.cube-europe.com/launch/index.html

Ric
04-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Umm... 2 blue and 2 purple? Are you on crack or is there a special GCN colour coming out in Europe?

WTF are you on about, purple is the standard colour and the guy at the shop said he would have blue ones too. You are the one on crack. I think I'll get me a blue one.

Jin
04-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ric

WTF are you on about, purple is the standard colour and the guy at the shop said he would have blue ones too. You are the one on crack. I think I'll get me a blue one.

Here in North America the only options are Purple, Black, and Orange. So Joeiss was just saying that there might be a special GCN color in Europe, or that you made a mistake. No biggie.

Angrist
04-27-2002, 02:46 PM
I haven't heard of a blue one... I have heard of a transparant blue controller, perhaps that's what he means.

Ric
04-27-2002, 02:50 PM
I am pretty damn sure he said a blue gamecube.

BTW Europe isn't getting orange cubes at launch.

Angrist
04-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ric
I am pretty damn sure he said a blue gamecube.

BTW Europ isn't getting orange cubes at launch. US didn't either... not launch I think...

Shadow_Link
04-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Ric, I am very sure that the blue Gc isn't coming out here at launch. Visit all the websites thst are selling the gamecube such as amazon.co.uk, simplygames.co.uk etc... They only offer either the purple or black gamecube... ;)

Jin
04-27-2002, 06:29 PM
There haven't been any blue consoles in the US, but I did see this picture on IGN's main page so it could be true...

http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/cubism_041602_160.jpg

DeathsHand
04-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Jin
There haven't been any blue consoles in the US, but I did see this picture on IGN's main page so it could be true...

http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/cubism_041602_160.jpg

The purple gamecube (or indigo, a different shade of purple ;) ) looks blue when put in certain lighting... I remember there were pictures of the purple gamecube online before and people were like "It looks blue! It doesn't look as bad as I thought!" but when you're actually looking at it it looks purple...

Infact, when I went to buy mah cube, the guy at the store asked "Black or blue?"... heh...

GameKinG
04-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Technicaly the color indigo is blue as that is where the name for indigo derived from, a blue dye. And the one in that picture, from my 9 years of art class, appears to be blue in any light unless its a really nright light they are shining on it.

DeathsHand
04-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
Technicaly the color indigo is blue as that is where the name for indigo derived from, a blue dye. And the one in that picture, from my 9 years of art class, appears to be blue in any light unless its a really nright light they are shining on it.

Well that's funny cuz Nintendo calls it Indigo, and yet it's purple lookin'... :confused:

I guess it's not quite as dark as the purple I usually think of when I think of.... purple, but it's still not blue :p