PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 is just so damn good.

Ric
04-25-2002, 11:17 AM
I have been playing this game a lot lately and it amazes me the attention to detail that the game includes. My only niggle is the length of some cut scenes and speaking bits but when you are actually playing, WOW.

Putting guards in lockers, holding them up and stealing their dog tags, hidden things such as seeing Ocelot before the end cut scene on Tanker (have you seen him?) Playing with the projectors on Tanker so it displays scantily clad women instead of the general talking. You can even run up to a marine in the holds, kick him in and send him flying and he will crash into his mates and they will all fall over, marine dominoes, it's cool.

There are so many hidden secrets, shut yourself in a locker with a picture of a woman in and duck, now use the look button and snake will kiss the picture, funny. Shoots loads of seagulls on Plant and they will sh!t on you. Fire a grenade into a bunch of cockroaches in first person view, they will splat on your screen. Its cool, and just when I thought that was it, I went to www.gamefaqs.com and found out loads of other things I haven't even tried yet.

Heres hoping to a gamecube release, other gamers just have to experience this one.

Perfect Stu
04-25-2002, 02:22 PM
I totally agree. I'm guessing that you've played the first MGS? To me, I liked the story in MGS better, but they're both completely amazing games.

Nice seeing you post in the PS2 forum, Ric...cheers! :beerchug:

bobcat
04-25-2002, 06:20 PM
I didn't get the story..............

It's like there were way too many holes in it.........unless I misinterpreted it :unsure:

Reminded me 2 much of the matrix :(

Ric
04-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Actually to be honest I, I never got that far with MGS. I saw Meryl in her underware :stud: and the furthest I got was defeating Ocelot. My brother still has the game, I will have to play through it somewhen.

The Germanator
04-25-2002, 07:31 PM
There were so many freaking twists in that plot, like every other cut scene I'd just be like, "Oh no you didn't Hideo!" I like that kind of thing though, it keeps me interested.

edit: post count=doubloon count...:cool:

DeathsHand
04-25-2002, 09:21 PM
It's supposed to be like that...

"WHO DO I TRUST!? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!? MOMMY? :("

:D

MGS2 is awesome though.... :cool:

Mikkey
04-27-2002, 09:51 PM
MGS2 was a good game, my only problem was the confusing plot in the last hour of the game

Neo
04-28-2002, 07:04 AM
Great game, just finished it myself. Though at times it was more like watching a movie than playing a game.

Fun things to do:

Play the pots in the kitchen.

Destroy the condiments.

Snipe the birds.

Hold a guard up, take his dogtag, then shoot a tranquilizing dart directly into his eyeball. If no one else is around, bury a bullet in his skull, execution-style.

Try pointing a gun at Pliskin while he's sleeping.

Take out the camera men in the tanker holds.

fingersman
04-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mikkey
MGS2 was a good game, my only problem was the confusing plot in the last hour of the game

Agreed I still don't fully understand why they put Raven through that whole ordeal.....I think the ending story was a little to complex.

DeathsHand
04-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by fingersman

Agreed I still don't fully understand why they put Raven through that whole ordeal.....I think the ending story was a little to complex.

There was a plot guide or something someone posted on the IGN boards awhile back (before they went insider only)... but it wasn't at gamefaqs or nutin... but maybe I should try to find one again hmmm *rubs chin*